What dino should I use to get regular kibble?

Sc00bee

26 minutes ago, graystorm01 said:

thorny dragon is a scorched earth specific dino  in the regular category.

Also, you could use scorpions, ketros, kapros, carnos iguanadons, terror birds and ankys

28 minutes ago, BlueberryJackal said:

Regular kibble is made with Anky, Carno, Iguanodon, Kaprosuchus, Kentro, Scorpion, Terror Bird, Troodon or Thorny Dragon eggs. These are all creatures that are available on SE (i think). 

The link gives you information about all the kibble recipes. Not only regular. 

https://www.dododex.com/kibble

18 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

I'd use Scorpions.  They go down easily and tame out pretty quickly with spoiled meat, which is easy enough to get.

EDIT:  If you have access to mutton, you can do Carnos to have the option to mate them and force-create kibble.  Carnos are decent guard-dogs too!

I know, but I’m wondering which ones lay eggs the fastest, because I don’t want to wait 2 hours to get an egg. 

22 minutes ago, Sc00bee said:

I know, but I’m wondering which ones lay eggs the fastest, because I don’t want to wait 2 hours to get an egg. 

There is no factor for laying eggs. There are settings for changing the egg laying or the pooping factor. With these you can make dinos lay eggs more often, but it doesnt depend on the creature. One time i had an Iguanodon that layed about 6 eggs in 30 minutes. That happened once.

But if you want the eggs, just get a male and a female. 

A mate boosted female lays eggs more often.

You can enable mating for the male and the female. You can also craft kibble with fertilized eggs.

I definitely don't believe all dinos lay eggs at the same rate.  My turtles are at minimum three times as productive as my Argy and Bary. And my Ankys are even more productive than that. My dilos are twice as productive as my Raptors. This is over maybe 20 hours (all in game cause I turn my server off when not playing).

I recommend ankys for eggs and remember you can mate them for an extra egg each every 20ish hours. Although turtles are easier to find. 

Guest EnergyDrink

Best layers: Turtle/Velona/Scorpio/Iguana/Ankylo

These lay the most, and occupy smallest place, also easy to tame and upkeep.

For Regular..

Some people seems to be confused between laying eggs and laying fertilized eggs. To maximize standard non-fertilized egg laying, make sure you have a pack of females and one male to mate boost them. They have a 13% chance of laying an egg every so many minutes (15?) but if mate boosted that chance doubles. 

Using fertilized eggs gives you the advantage of being able to say when the eggs will drop, but can only be done as often as the dinos are ready to mate. 

An ex tribemate tamed way too many ankys so we use them, but if I had to tame from scratch I'd choose terror birds for size (I know troodons are smaller but you can't ride them...and they're freaking jerks). We keep our ankys on ramps about 3 ceilings high and hang them over the edge so you can just scoop the eggs up as you walk by. Underneath we have oviraptors so everyone is boosted and we take care of simple and regular kibble in one trip.

Usually when I want a lot of a certain egg I'll stay in render range of the dino I'm after, do adulting for like 15 minutes and when I come back there's eggs waiting for me and just repeat that for however long. Also picking up the poop and limiting how many total dinos you have in that area besides the egg layers seems to help.

Archived