smalltribes 10man servers

Kurtis13

Suggestion

I do like the concept of 6man and i'm glad smalltribes has been successful but 6 just isn't enough people in my opinion. Offline raiding and especially meshing have been rampant problems on smalltribes. With the added 4 people I feel it would help substantially with meshing as tribes would have a much smaller downtime if any at all. Tribes having smaller downtimes would make meshing much more risky thus hopefully reducing meshing. When the devs came out with conquest I felt they were missing the mark. They were hitting two polar opposites of the spectrum as 6 people is too little and 25 being too many. Make titans extinction only, nerf mek shields and changing the player cap from 6 to 10 on smalltribes would add for a more balanced and fun experience. 

10 replies to this server topic

no. there's better ways to counter offlining (modded orp and no decay timer), and meshing is even done on main officials with no member cap so...also, 6man is small enough to give those solo/due guys a chance which is a large portion of the playerbase. i feel like anyone who asks for bigger, has their own best interests covered. you've got a 10man tribe ready to rock i feel like :P 

51 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

This right here. It's like a vacancy sign for a quick score. On PvP, timer should not be visible or at least should not be visible to anybody outside of the tribe.

Theres really no need for visible timers at all on pvp servers.  If you are in tribe, you know the decay of all of your stuff:  Every time you look at it, it is reset to its max interval.  For a week when tribe-structure decay timers were enabled, I felt like all it did was clutter the screen.

8 minutes ago, eESTlane said:

no. there's better ways to counter offlining (modded orp and no decay timer), and meshing is even done on main officials with no member cap so...also, 6man is small enough to give those solo/due guys a chance which is a large portion of the playerbase. i feel like anyone who asks for bigger, has their own best interests covered. you've got a 10man tribe ready to rock i feel like :P 

I do really like that the devs got rid of auto decay timers. I believe that helps with both offline raiding and meshing.  Your point about meshing being an issue on official doesn't make much sense to me since its much more prevalent on smalltribes then it is on official. Why do you think meshing is such an issue on smalltribes? because tribes have long downtimes since 6 people isn't enough to be online 24/7. 

14 minutes ago, Kurtis13 said:

I do really like that the devs got rid of auto decay timers. I believe that helps with both offline raiding and meshing.  Your point about meshing being an issue on official doesn't make much sense to me since its much more prevalent on smalltribes then it is on official. Why do you think meshing is such an issue on smalltribes? because tribes have long downtimes since 6 people isn't enough to be online 24/7. 

dude, i know. half my posts are on this very subject. i'm sharing your views for the most part. saying that, i don't feel it's your duty to guard your underbelly. you can't do anything even when you're there, but to report. and if the ticket isn't being noticed quickly, wc may decide you're valuables aren't worth being refunded vs a rollback. then the only comfort you will get is the satisfaction of them getting caught, you being innocent and the oppressive mentality. 

30 minutes ago, eESTlane said:

dude, i know. half my posts are on this very subject. i'm sharing your views for the most part. saying that, i don't feel it's your duty to guard your underbelly. you can't do anything even when you're there, but to report. and if the ticket isn't being noticed quickly, wc may decide you're valuables aren't worth being refunded vs a rollback. then the only comfort you will get is the satisfaction of them getting caught, you being innocent and the oppressive mentality. 

I would disagree that you can't do anything other then report. you can use a tek railgun to kill them or try to mesh bite with a dino. I appreciate your criticism though.  

1 hour ago, Kurtis13 said:

The decay timer turnoff was stated to be temporary, unless I missed an announcement.  When they get the replacements and stuff taken care of for all the demo'd tribes and such, the timers will for sure come back.

21 minutes ago, Kurtis13 said:

I would disagree that you can't do anything other then report. you can use a tek railgun to kill them or try to mesh bite with a dino. I appreciate your criticism though.  

it's not "criticism", per se. more like a discussion. i think we both acknowledge the same problems but just disagree on the solution. i just don't believe a 10-man unit would be a fix. more so, that size tribe would probably survive on conquest. btw, you'd still blame wc for when you get online-meshed. those mesh fobs will still serve their purpose even when you hit the lucky shot on that mesh monkey. just let wc handle that area, even though it's taking them FOREVER to put an end to it. 

and on another side, do you know when wc put new servers into circulation? been forever. they've recycled their old. small-tribes is part of it and was only supposed to be temporary. look at it now. conquest aren't new servers either...

1 hour ago, TheDonn said:

The decay timer turnoff was stated to be temporary, unless I missed an announcement.  When they get the replacements and stuff taken care of for all the demo'd tribes and such, the timers will for sure come back.

Yeah I heard it was because a lot of players lost their characters when they tried to release a patch a few weeks ago and players who were solo were complaining about it since their bases would auto decay. Hoping its a change for good since I like it better without the timers. thanks for pointing that out though. 

Archived