PS4 Crossplay with PC

ZainTheWolf

Suggestion

34 replies to this server topic

PS4 - Xbox one crossplay?

I have been wondering about this for a while since sony finally said they would allow crossplay between all platforms now im just wondering when wildcard will actually implement and allow PS4 players to play alongside Xbox one players on the same server/servers as i play PS4 ark and I have a few friends and family who have Xbox one and PS4 and want this PS4 to Xbox one crossplay to become a reality already so does anyone know whether this May be implemented sooner or later? Any positive or constructive feedback is appreciated.

Upvoted!

I wholeheartedly agree. I have a ton of friends that have vested themselves into console land, simply because the PC hardware race is too expensive for them to keep throwing their money into. It's really hard seeing how hardened veteran PC gamers are forced to give up on gaming habits because their budgets have other priorities. That's life, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't look for other ways to connect the gamer community.

Both of my sons love the game and we have even rented a server to play together, only to realise that the crossplay concept hasn't been established yet. This is a major letdown. Especially now that my wife and maybe my other kids are getting interested in the game as well. (Yeah I have a small gamer family :P)

Let's get this crossplay out so we can have even more fun together. I own the game on PC, consoles and mobile devices.

On 10/9/2019 at 5:21 PM, Silvaeger said:

PC and PS4 crossplay would give PS4 players the ability to play with mods on unofficial modded servers Xbox players already have it and Sony no longer seems super strict about it.

not necessary, they can create new servers or restrict mods servers to ps4 players, i think that we can get cross-play one day :(

On 10/2/2019 at 6:17 PM, JinZX1 said:

This actually just exited beta-phase testing without a public announcement and is now available for devs to use. Just made a post about it too!

Sony´s new boss said that he would be pleased increased the cross with all games. If ARK says that he want to put it, they would put it. We only have to ask for it.

Finally Epic Games has completely released the possibility for crossplay - for every developer! I'm thinking of ARK right now because it would definitely help developers to integrate such a system. I am very excited to see whether WildCard is finally taking the right step in this direction.

Source: https://dev.epicgames.com/en-US/services?sessi onInvalidated=true

PS4 Cross-Play Capability

Definitely put this in the wrong area of the forum a minute ago, but it's been announced that cross-play on PS4 has exited the beta phase and is available for devs to use. Any chance we'll get to play with our friends on other platforms?

Source: https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/10/02/ps4-cross-play-exits-beta-now-a-full-feature-for-developers

Archived