Ark and 1660ti/RTX Cards/Vega 56

Voidstar

Hello. I plan on upgrading my pc and playing ark again (still got aberration+extinction to play)

My current PC gets around 25 fps on medium so yeah :/

I was thinking of buying RTX 2070 or 2060 but i can see tons of problems and broken cards, not just at launch, but up to the present day. I did not see many issues with 1660 TI in general so it seems safer. CPU i l lget 9400f (i think gpu will bottleneck, not cpu in ark). How about Vega 56?

1. With which settings can u get 50-60 fps in FHD with 1660ti? Is it even possible on all maps? I ve seen benchamrks only for the island.

2. I ve read about driver problems (constant crashes,unplayable) with 1660 TI and Ark. Was it fixed? Does Ark run now with 1660ti without crashes and not with dx10 or dx9? Or is there a workaround? Did it work with a prior driver version flawlessly?

Any other recommendations would be welcome. I am unlucky with electronics in general.

please help

The Game uses Unreal Engine 4 which to be honest runs better on a nvidia and this is coming from someone who has been running ATI sense the 90's.

But still like AMD better then intel 99.8 % of the time. AMD running right now

Right now I am running a 1070 TI and get 60fps with everything on high or epic and running a 2560x1080 screen

Kind of a bad time to get a new graphics card as you said with the RTX 20xx series Issues.

12 minutes ago, Korizan said:

The Game uses Unreal Engine 4 which to be honest runs better on a nvidia and this is coming from someone who has been running ATI sense the 90's.

But still like AMD better then intel 99.8 % of the time. AMD running right now

Right now I am running a 1070 TI and get 60fps with everything on high or epic and running a 2560x1080 screen

Kind of a bad time to get a new graphics card as you said with the RTX 20xx series Issues.

Unfortunately, the 1070 ti is nowhere to be found. only one asus turbo with fan blower which suffers from really bad temperatures...like 80C.

I am wondering if 1660 TI suffers from similar issues as the rtx series, given it is on turing architecture. Did not find many reports. Found some issues with ark though, constant crashes and was wondering of anyone here has that card and can tell me how it works. the card (1660 tI) can run high settings ark at about 50-60. what are your exact settings to have 60fps contantly in ark on that resolution?

i don t really trust amd i don t know why. mayeb because i had a radeon hd 5670 which burned. vega appears to be better than 1660 ti in  many games. not sure about ark.

really though choice. i hope someone with a 1660ti can give an answer

i would get a i5 9400f, so not sure if it works good with an amd card?

1 hour ago, hud said:

Shadows in general are off, I tried with shadows on, but did not capture fps. With shadows on,and on  high, game looks amazing realy. Next week gonna upgrade my ram to, from 8 to 16. Later I wiil  test various setting so I can compare when I get more ram. 

i see. which variant of 1660 ti did u get?

Update

I have bought 8 more gigs, now running 16gb

I tested Ragna on epic-everything, legacy server, and i took wyvern for a spin, desert loot.

In desert fps doesnt drop below 120, no bases, easy load

Rest of the map is ok too, 50-70 sometimes drops to 35-40, crazy big bases, $%# load of dinos. 

I m disapointed on ext, big, huge drops 20-30 sometimes i hit even lower in city, wasteland 60-70 all the time no drops.

Processor is just to weak.  

And so far didnt crash not even once ))))))

Vega 56 with Ryzen 5 1600x.  16gb RAM, only biiiiiiiig bases get me to 30 FPS.  Otherwise I'm 45-60, depends on what map.  System runs great, no complaints for the money I spent.

@hud dude your i5 is stout, it most likely isn't causing the dips.  It's just ARK in general hahaha!  This game is murder on resources.

EDIT:  I'm FPS-capped at 60, it probably goes much higher but I don't know, 60 is just fine for me.  Nice and smoooooooth.......

• 10 months later...

Archived