Balance through Counter-Play and Reasonable Nerfs for the Managarmr

bigfish502

Suggestion

Managarmr are easily one of the most controversial creatures in the game, and many of the steps that Wildcard has taken to balance them has both pleased and displeased players from both the PVP and PVE community. In my humble opinion I believe the Managarmr could have been balanced better than it was in particular as it relates to PVP, which is why I'm making this post. Here are some of the ways I believe the Managarmr should have been balanced through reasonable nerfs and counter-play:

-Countering Mobility-While Wildcard focused on the Managarmr's breath attack, they did little to address the mobility of the managarmr. Ice Wyvern Breath, Reaper spit, spec x, spider web throws, and Lymantria dust all slow the walking speed of the managarmr, but do nothing to their ability to jump and dive, rendering the effect near useless in a PVP scenario. This should be addressed.

-Ice Wyverns and Managarmr-It makes little sense how ice wyverns can't damage each other with their own ice breaths but a managarmr can. Making it so that the managarmr's ice breath deals reduced or no damage to ice wyverns (and possibly other managarmr) could offer players a mount who could hard counter the managarmr (the same logic could be applied to creatures who live in frigid climates).

-Rethinking the Ice Breath-Rather than have the damage greatly scale with distance the managarmr breath should behave more like a lightning wyvern's breath, dealing uniform damage across the whole span of the breath's range. However, the range should be greatly reduced to be more comparable to that of a Poison Wyvern's breath or Spec X. Also, the breath should have to be trained on a target for around 5 seconds before it starts to freeze a target.

I know not everyone will agree with my points and I will acknowledge that there isn't a "perfect" solution, but I hope that we can discuss in civil language our thoughts on how the Managarmr should be balanced to best suit both PVP and PVE (I know there are discussions about balancing both game modes separately but that is beside the point).

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived