single player Single Player

Chubchub2020

I retired from official PvE after I beat the end game and hit my breeding goals.

I tried a few unofficials both PvE and PvP but there was nothing left for me to achieve on PvE and I guess I don't have that killer instinct for PvP. Map domination isn't a motivation, neither is taking down someone else's work. So many other games do PvP better that I'll hit one of them up if I need a PvP fix without sacrificing thousands of real life hours to get to that point.

So now I just play single player but with no real goal in mind. Sometimes I build  base on one player than try out different siege tactics. Sometimes I just tame a few high levels of random dino's like Pachy's, combine the best stats, mutate stats and get a cool color one, then run around using it (nothing like 2 shotting a 150 Rex into unconsciousness, lol)

Great thing is I can wipe when stale and just gcm past anything I don't feel like grinding.

I've played as a Viking, Pirate, and Tek savvy survivor and limit myself to the engrams that class could realistically make. 

Sometimes I just build something for fun.

Great thing is I can play for an hour or two then not put the game on for 2 weeks, come back and pick back up right where I left off with no loss.

i play single player whenever im teaching someone the game (recently tho people cant join my world for some reason) other than that if i want to test somthing without wasting resources in a server then i play it if it works then i do it on a server etc also if i want a challenge. ill go in and knock the player and dino stats to x2 but half everything else turn off hud activate hardcore mode and turn on max dino level

I have spent thousands of hours on ARK playing in Single Player game.

In fact it has only been the last month or so that I am back to trying public servers, as I look for a change.

I'm too old to deal with trolls and griefers, and have no interest in PvP, so single player was great for me. Plus I loved that I could stop and start when I wanted. (take a vacation, or just take a break from the game.... come back after a month, and my dinos and structures are still all fine.)

I enjoyed using the building cheat mode to try out building structures. etc.

i have only played SP so far.. Maybe once i've gotten thru all of the ascensions, i'll move to a dedicated server

My schedule is erratic and sometimes i don't get to play as much as i would like, so sp is good for me that my dinos don't starve to death. And no matter how long i go without playing i can just pick up wherever i left off.

i have no interest in PVP at all.

Also, i like that if the need arises, i can "fix" issues that might pop up without need to find a GM, or admin and i can just take care of it myself, like getting stuck in the stairs, or like my current issue, element shortage on the island and no gigas for hearts to fight the dragon again. Spinos are currently extinct on my island map, so no ape fighting. Likely i will need to spawn in some giga hearts so i can take on the dragon again. Or kill lots and lots of fish to try to get spinos to spawn.

5 hours ago, graystorm01 said:

i have only played SP so far.. Maybe once i've gotten thru all of the ascensions, i'll move to a dedicated server

My schedule is erratic and sometimes i don't get to play as much as i would like, so sp is good for me that my dinos don't starve to death. And no matter how long i go without playing i can just pick up wherever i left off.

i have no interest in PVP at all.

Also, i like that if the need arises, i can "fix" issues that might pop up without need to find a GM, or admin and i can just take care of it myself, like getting stuck in the stairs, or like my current issue, element shortage on the island and no gigas for hearts to fight the dragon again. Spinos are currently extinct on my island map, so no ape fighting. Likely i will need to spawn in some giga hearts so i can take on the dragon again. Or kill lots and lots of fish to try to get spinos to spawn.

On The Island, you can run up and down the north/south river by the green obi killing fish. I was able to generate multiple spino spawns in under an hour, esp just south of the green obi. I started with a pelagornis but realized a rex was way faster as it can walk down the river and you can see down into the water from it.

17 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

You can just use destroywilddinos command to refresh all spawns. You'll probably get a Spino spawn then. 

I did consider that,  but only as a last resort. I have some other really good spawns I don't want to lose.  Thanks for the suggestion.

11 hours ago, Milsurp said:

On The Island, you can run up and down the north/south river by the green obi killing fish. I was able to generate multiple spino spawns in under an hour, esp just south of the green obi. I started with a pelagornis but realized a rex was way faster as it can walk down the river and you can see down into the water from it.

I was doing that with my baryonyx but probably didn't do it long enough.  I will try again.  Thanks

Archived