Dedicated hosting, clearing unused ram? ?

Sphere

%windir%\system32\rundll32.exe advapi32.dll,ProcessIdleTasks

I have found to use this, it has to be run with elevated privileges.

I am trial running this on a script once per hour automatically. I already know that Windows 10 does cache programs and data ready in ram for use, so that if it is called upon again, it only needs to bring it into active use, rather than spend the time to fetch it. The thing is, I noticed that my servers do better near the restart of the computer itself.

So I wonder...

Would using this while the servers are running once per hour have a beneficial impact?

sesame street idk GIF

• Wildcard Community

I think it's unlikely that you'd need to run it every hour. Maybe once a day. You could always just monitor your server for 24hr, run it once and see where it ends up after another 24hr of monitoring and if no impact try running it more frequently. It's also worth noting that you could check for large svchost.exe processes as sometimes those are hidden in private bytes and hogging up un-accounted for memory that you won't even see.

In the past, I would normally run this while the servers were down to give them a fresh instance of the machine if I did not have the time to do a full reboot. It works like a charm. But I just tried a couple hours ago running it while the servers were still up. And, it works like a charm. What? XD

That or it's a coincidence. o _Oa

Archived