Tips for Fighting your first boss

thebestJek14

well whatever the case i would say that the broodmother is probably your best bet, i would take a bunch of rexes with around 20k health and high damage 350 up(can be achieved by breading high level rexes and then breeding the offspring over and over) and high level raptors / carnos etc to deal with the areano that spawn in. you yourself should take riot armor an assault rifle or 2 lots of ammo and about 100 medical brew to be safe. also make sure that every dino you take has a saddle equipped as riding a dino makes it do mor damage also never unmount and hop on the stronget dino you have and gun for the broodmother. hope this helps and this is for gamma and or beta

4 minutes ago, AcyanidePancake said:

well whatever the case i would say that the broodmother is probably your best bet, i would take a bunch of rexes with around 20k health and high damage 350 up(can be achieved by breading high level rexes and then breeding the offspring over and over) and high level raptors / carnos etc to deal with the areano that spawn in. you yourself should take riot armor an assault rifle or 2 lots of ammo and about 100 medical brew to be safe. also make sure that every dino you take has a saddle equipped as riding a dino makes it do mor damage also never unmount and hop on the stronget dino you have and gun for the broodmother. hope this helps and this is for gamma and or beta

I would take Megatheriums for the broodmother, as they get a resistance and damage buff against bugs.

4 minutes ago, AcyanidePancake said:

I wouldnt bring most of those dinos nor any guns.. youre risking too much to shoot measly dps. As @BlueberryJackal said, Megatherium for brood is the absolute best choice. Only works for broodmother though. Otherwise rexs or theriz are the top choice.

Do you have singleplayer setting enabled @thebestJek14? If so, its going to be real easymode (too easy imho) 

54 minutes ago, thebestJek14 said:

Yes i do have single player enabled.

Use quote function makes it a lot easier to reply :P 

With SP settings you can breed up any ole megatheriums, slap some saddles on em and wreck gamma brood. Watch some boss videos, some basic tips (non boss specific related) : Dont mount during boss teleportation. Make sure all dinos are in 'the bubble'. Make sure you arent in your inventory when u teleport. Make sure you arent standing on a dino foot and are flat on ground. Dont jump before teleport.

All of this should be considered. The boss teleports in / out have always been extremley glitchy.

Console? PC? If console on non dedicated host (anything ran off the / a console) be prepared to be kicked. Its very glitchy and demanding on the xbox/ps4 to teleport. Disable hud, look at ground it will.help slightly.

Make a backup save to test if your dinos are ready.  Then if you fail and die, you can reload your save without losing anything

I have fought all 3 alpha bosses on the island sp with max difficulty. 

For alpha brood, I reccomend 19 Rex's preferably imprinted with at least 35k health and 500% melee. And 1 yuty with about 30k health or more.  Broodmother hits hard and has 972k hit points.  I took 18 rexes and lost 7. And somehow lost another one in transit because I only came back with 10 rexes

Next is megapithecus, I actually took on the alpha with 10 rexes and a yuty. Rex's all had between 35-50k hp and 600%+ melee.  Didn't lose anyone on this fight.  Twice I fought him. 

The dragon is the worst.  For this you absolutely need 19 bred theris with 21k hp and all theriz should  have sweet veggie cakes on them.  Maybe 10-15  And also an imprinted yuty.

I tried the dragon  several times with rexes first and failed horribly everytime.  I have seen someone do it solo with rexes, but I couldn't pull it off.  But when I did take on the dragon,  it was with 16 theriz, 3 rexes and a yuty. The rexes didn't make it back,  but the rest did.  And the fight seemed much easier and quicker with theriz compared to rexes.

Also,  you need decent saddles. At least 80 armour,  but the higher the better. 

Archived