Virtual Reality

TimmyBonJingleTurd

Suggestion

Hello, long time fan of Ark. Love the game. I would really like to see some actual VR support in Ark. like games that don't even have basic support I can get to run using VorpX and work arounds like that, but with Ark I can't get it to even fake it... I have a beast PC so this talk of how it wouldn't work because of low fps is not a good enough excuse for me. I have no doubt my machine is more than capable of playing Ark in VR. the real lquestion is will Ark get any support at all for it down the road?

I have read a lot of stuff over the years regarding the topic of Ark in VR so please refrain from trolling and bashing because I probably already heard/read your opinion on the other posts I have read over the years- this is more a question for the devs behind Ark as I haven't been able to find an answer online from someone other than another gamer.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

5 replies to this server topic

Yeah, if WildCard isn't going to actually DO VR, they need to cut out pulling up the subsystem and have "insta-crash buttons" offering VR. But I'd very much rather they... you know... just have it work.

That said, I'm using VorpX now and I have it working. I started with a profile developed by someone else, then I made tweaks to it. I have a pretty monster machine also. I would be using "full-up VR" display with it, but then I'm unable to view the VERY necessary status flags: Am I about out of stamina on this argy? Oh hell, did I load my Spyglass, and what number is that again? There's no means I'm aware of to be able to see the status HUD stuff *and* do VR. If I look off in the direction to see my "status", my "forward direction" wanders all over the place like I'm drunk as it follows the head movement. And these are JUST out of eyeball view looking straight ahead. So... "cinema mode" it is: wide enough to cover my field-of-view without "status info" being beyond the edge of it.

The visual field is also "less than stellar". Games *made* for VR are much more sharp and clear, where the feed from ARK is much more pixilated, even if it's in 3d. I'll have to hit the VorpX forums to see how I can have better visual quality without hitting my frame rate too hard. But it's playable, and full 3D VR? FREAKIN' AWESOME!

I'm quite happy to communicate specifics and share my settings with anyone else using VorpX. It *is* a leap-of-faith, and I'd really *REALLY* rather WildCard just invest in having VR "just work" or at LEAST pull out the dysfunctional sub-system offering VR-HA-HA-JUST-KIDDING-CRASH! But what cha' got's what cha' got.

So sorry... Monday, I'm like, "Who is this Infinit person trying to follow me? (click-ignore)" I just now got this, then I sent an invite back to you once I got the correct STEAM name. My apologies.

Yes, I get you on getting a VR headset for Ark. I can go through VorpX details here if it isn't a problem, and others can benefit. I'm off work Friday, so I can focus better at that time and post. That will also give time for, "No! Don't post about that here!" messages to respond if this isn't the right place for that.

Again, my apologies for ignoring your invite initially. I simply didn't check in here until just now. :)

On 6/24/2020 at 3:22 PM, Romaq said:

So sorry... Monday, I'm like, "Who is this Infinit person trying to follow me? (click-ignore)" I just now got this, then I sent an invite back to you once I got the correct STEAM name. My apologies.

Yes, I get you on getting a VR headset for Ark. I can go through VorpX details here if it isn't a problem, and others can benefit. I'm off work Friday, so I can focus better at that time and post. That will also give time for, "No! Don't post about that here!" messages to respond if this isn't the right place for that.

Again, my apologies for ignoring your invite initially. I simply didn't check in here until just now. :)

No problem at all , I had never used the forum before and didn't know if you would be active on here or not and saw your steam linked, figured I would take a chance and see if i could contact you on there just in case :D look forward to the info .   I wont be able to try it out until next Friday for sure as i need to purchase VorpX still. But I look forward to reading through the info and figuring this all out. 

On 2/23/2020 at 5:31 AM, Romaq said:

Yeah, if WildCard isn't going to actually DO VR, they need to cut out pulling up the subsystem and have "insta-crash buttons" offering VR. But I'd very much rather they... you know... just have it work.

That said, I'm using VorpX now and I have it working. I started with a profile developed by someone else, then I made tweaks to it. I have a pretty monster machine also. I would be using "full-up VR" display with it, but then I'm unable to view the VERY necessary status flags: Am I about out of stamina on this argy? Oh hell, did I load my Spyglass, and what number is that again? There's no means I'm aware of to be able to see the status HUD stuff *and* do VR. If I look off in the direction to see my "status", my "forward direction" wanders all over the place like I'm drunk as it follows the head movement. And these are JUST out of eyeball view looking straight ahead. So... "cinema mode" it is: wide enough to cover my field-of-view without "status info" being beyond the edge of it.

The visual field is also "less than stellar". Games *made* for VR are much more sharp and clear, where the feed from ARK is much more pixilated, even if it's in 3d. I'll have to hit the VorpX forums to see how I can have better visual quality without hitting my frame rate too hard. But it's playable, and full 3D VR? FREAKIN' AWESOME!

I'm quite happy to communicate specifics and share my settings with anyone else using VorpX. It *is* a leap-of-faith, and I'd really *REALLY* rather WildCard just invest in having VR "just work" or at LEAST pull out the dysfunctional sub-system offering VR-HA-HA-JUST-KIDDING-CRASH! But what cha' got's what cha' got.

Hey , I would love to hear about your setup. I am completely new to Vorpx  but really want to play ark in VR. Its one of the reasons I bought a vr headset...

Archived