underwater gameplay Introduce metal tier water bases or Balance existing structures

Human123Tribe123

Suggestion

As a long term Ark player (PvP) I never experienced much of the underwater gameplay and I'm about to start a run with underwater dinos. I googled around to see how everything works, I thought it would be cool to make a underwater Base possible anyhow. I abbondoned that plan after seeing the requierements and structure costs. I found a reddit thread with good suggestions. I genuinely think it's a very good idea to improove the underwater gameplay. The water is a huge part of the maps yet not given enough attention. Imho you're missing out on awesome gameplay opportunitys. Such as:

While I think that its great that ark added underwater bases, and that they look really cool. They just aren't practical nor are they solo player friendly. The sheer element cost to build and have the TEK GENERATOR running makes it a very bad investment since just to build a 4x4x4 (reg base with 2 floors) it costs 28k metal, 192 element, 11k poly and 14k crystal compared to a reg tek base 4x4x4 which is 6k metal, 2.8k poly, 2k crystal. The costs are way too high. Not to mention the upkeep from the tek gen which in and of itself costs quite a bit to make. For a 4x4x4 base that costs that much with almost no defenses due to the 100 turret nerf. It just isnt worth the trouble to build to play around with water dinos.

HOWEVER A METAL UNDERWATER BASE, that would be great, of course not just metal walls, walls sealed with special paste, I think the pheromone oil you get from the shellfish would be a good sealant. The difference is that every time you did open a door it would flood the base so you'd need to make an entrance chamber where you open two doors to get in and out, and a oil powered vacuum to pump out water from the chamber. Also air pipes that leader to an air source, above ground or maybe a cave, where without them you would suffocate. It would make a much better alternative to the current state of tek based water fun.

Suggested here:

And many more.

2 replies to this server topic

Archived