Ragnarok Content

ParrryPoker

Suggestion

I think we can all agree that Ragnarok has completely killed scorhced earth. Aside from the pheonix players experience content that was made for a paid dlc for absolutely free and Wildcard seems okay with this. We all know scorched needs asecnsion and ragnarok meets the best of both the islandand scorched. However I think we can all agree that a more unique ragnarok is much better. 

Keep in mind everything here is made to improve Ragnarok

Keep 

• Island creature spawns 
  • Boss fight (yes including manticore )
  • Ice Wyvern(not other wyverns) and Griffin
  • Sand and cactus sap 
  • Iceworms and Ice Queen 
  • Lava Golem

Remove 

• Scorched Dinos, engrams, items excluding resoruces mentioned(sand and catcus sap)
  • Water Veins and Oil Rigs

New Resoruces

• Gold (replaces Sulfur)
  • Keratin(replaces salt(like aberration))
  • mud(replaces clay)
  • Brick (smelt mud smelts faster than wood)
  • Drill mine(replaces oil veins)

New Engrams 

• Brick tier building structure set (between metal and stone tiers) 
  • Gold Tools (better durablilty and damage, harvest more than metal has bps)
  • Gold Armor ( between flak and riot, has  bps )
  • Weapon attachments  (extended clips, muzzles, different scopes etc)
  • Hatchery (Like S plus hatchery without incubation feature)
  • Collector (Collects fert, oil and achatina paste, basically passively produced resources(except gacha))
  • Drill (mines oil,crystal obsidian and metal though slower, uses solar power(similar to dino leash) and can be powered by generator or batteries for night)
  • Gold tier building structure set (between metal and tek tiers)
  • Gold Chains (Similar to grappling creatrures except they place on ground, however dinos can struggle out, more chains on a creature the harder the struggle)
  • Dino Alarm (sets dinos to attack target,  settings are implemented so only certain dinos attack depending on which tripwire is triggered, this occurs regardless of groups so setetings are made to ensure that for example if I make a dimorph named gary into whistle group 1, after the dino alarm goes off  only gary will attack not group 1) 

New Creatures (tamable)

• Peguses (engram: peguses saddle, must tame unicorn)
  • Sand Sharks (engram: sand shark leash, replace thorny dragon and morellatops desert spawns)
  • Panther (engram: Panther Saddle, weaker thyla but higher range on ponce and can pounce up aswell)
  • Dragons(replace wyverns aside from ice, new elements, maybe ghost, light, water, wood dragons or earth dragons not all but here are some (not lightning, poison or fire again) unsaddled and slightly stronger than normal wyverns but not tek wyverns, assuming that they tek wyverns)ddle
  • Two Tailed Cat (engram: two tailed cat saddle)
  • Nine-tailed Fox (agressive creature, stronger than tamed giga and at level with between bred and wild giga, spawns only in the ragnarok wind, requires a lot of goldchains to pin it, 1 at each tail and more to stabilise it, a player must mount it like horse taming, however the thing wacks you off so you press different buttons (e.g. press x, player dodges then press b, player dodges etc) until it knocks itself out, afterwards extraordinary kibble feed, windstroms are when it spawns and only 1 spawns but it doesn't despawn until killed or tamed to which new one spawns next windstorm )
  • Vrock (Vulture Spawns). 

New Tek 

• Tek binoculars/ tek stats calculator, (when used on wild or tamed dino, shows how many points are in it, similar to mod and ark smart breeder program)
  • Reinforced tek structures (Slightly higher health  tek structures, that take reduced damage from tek tier, 5 x costs of regular tek)
  • Tek crop plot ( when powered, crops grow 75% faster than in a normal crop plot, only large)

This seems rather stupid but it really lets scorched return as a playable dlc. However unlike extinction, it would remove the charm for ragnarok to have these dinos gone which is why this content still keeps Ragnarok popular. I basically just made the map we all love different and playable on its own without using content from official dlc. Ragnarok was a great map but it ruined scorched. This will at least allow players to enjoy both maps uniquely and allow a flow of new content to exists.

Also take out scorched dinos from extinction. Keep corrupted but otherwise get rid of them, they are useless because of how engrams work and adding scorched engrams to extinction which is stupid when you would not add aberration engrams, so the scorched dinos on extinction can go. 

18 replies to this server topic

On 5/24/2019 at 7:48 AM, TheDonn said:

For the infinity-eth time, Ragnarok doesn't need to be any more popular.  Plenty of things draw people to play on Ragnarok, mostly the bigger landmass and overall-higher (not higher volume, but higher level) dino spawns.  And like @Qwertymine said, why do you think that if it is on SE, it will automatically be added to Ragnarok?  WildCard became involved in the late development stages of Ragnarok and decided to control its content.  The only reason that SE engrams and dinos are on Rag is because they approved it beforehand or decided the map design was OK (I don't know the exact timeline).  It had nothing to do with a rogue developer who unilaterally decided to add whatever he wanted to Rag (I know you aren't exactly saying this but I don't know how else you believe this could happen). 

It is all controlled by WildCard, so there is absolutely nothing to suggest that anything added to SE is automatically included in Rag.  In fact, to credit the exact opposite point, the Phoenix.  It is SE exclusive.

Interesting. Ever heard of a heatwave on ragnarok. I heard of one on scorched but otherwise never.  The conditions aren't met for the pheonix to spawn.  Of coarse its an exception.  

10 hours ago, Po3mane said:

Idk it might work and will definately bring players back to scorched but maybe we could work on sorched first then add this to rag. Essnetially be a later priorty. Get rid of scorched dinos on extinction, we have no room or need for them at all. 

Problem is that any new engrams brought are automatically tied by the knot wildcard made. This will undo the knot that was made so that scorched can be worked on. Scorched is in need of a huge TLC and that is undeniable. Problem is when breathing new life to the map, it needs to be considered that Scorched needs to have its engrams and items exclusive to scorched. Then we can begin to give TLC to the scorched creatures and add new creatures to the map and new items.   Problem being when we remove the items the creatures suffer the same issue that we have on extinction. No access to whips flamethrowers plus the resources are still there.   They need to go back to scorched so we can add  new exclusive engrams to scorched, like a flame turret, new tek stuff etc, ascension for the game. Then here is the issue.  What happens when you take out Wyverns from Rag. You disappoint fans. Rag has many selling points though one of its biggest is scorched creatures and engrams. They have to go so the devs can work on scorched but wait now fans are mad. So what to do? Meet them halfway. Give reason to like this fact. Then you can work on scorched and make it better. 

Changes to scorched after this change in rag 

-New creatures 3-4 unique ones

-TLC for morellatops, thorny and moth 

- New engrams and items like flame turret,creature saddles etc 

- Change the lightning storm effect, can zap fliers that are flying and affect all weapons does not affect electricity or tek 

-Add a new ascension area and ascension 

-Give us 3 tekgrams, Tek Wyvern Saddle, Tek Forge and Tek water reservoir (generates water when powered, great for irrigation and indicooker) from boss

And problem solved. And both DLCs are happily playable by fans and people will relive on scorched. If we don't separate rag from sorched though then we create a problem with the engrams. We also need to return the creatures back to the desert.  I only support this idea because it is cool and may be beneficial. 

8 minutes ago, Opewr said:

Interesting. Ever heard of a heatwave on ragnarok. I heard of one on scorched but otherwise never.  The conditions aren't met for the pheonix to spawn.  Of coarse its an exception.  

Well said. There is no way the pheonix can actually spawn.  However as for why they will add things, because they will likely add new engrams and they are not separating scorhced engrams into two categories of scorched engrams because it makes literally no sense. If they add the brick tier to scorched, they are not suddenly going to split it into only scorched acessible,  they will make that acessible on rag. If they add the panther to scorched, they have a saddle engram that can be made for rag, why wouldn't they add it there.  if there was a heatwave, chances are we would have the pheonix. Its controlled by wildcard and thats what they'll do with a dlc they no longer care about. 

On 5/2/2019 at 3:42 AM, ParrryPoker said:

This seems rather stupid but it really lets scorched return as a playable dlc.

Then add stuff to Scorched, not Rag. Extinction is still gonna have the majority of Scorched Creatures, removing them from Rag only gets rid of access to Wyverns and Jerboas. Rather than breathe life into an old and almost unfinished DLC, you'd rather suck it from two other maps. I'm sorry, but the changes and items you're proposing would only make Rag more popular than it already is. 

8 hours ago, WoodenWyvern said:

Not to be rude but far from the truth. People like scorched but people prefer ragnarok, this is quite the incentive. 

It is incentive for them to keep playing on Ragnarok, yes.  The proposed change would add NEW features, regardless of the features you are taking away, to ARK's most popular map.  I think people want to like SE, but actions speak far louder than words so it's more of a generic "fondness" for the map that doesn't actually have any real-world results.  It's just for "feel-goods" so every time it's brought up people can interject how much they, "LOVE SE wow its the best!" while continuing to play on Rag/Island/Center.  Don't get me wrong, I started on SE when the new cluster came out, and was there for months.  Then I moved on to Rag, then to Island briefly, then to Ab, over to Extinction, and now I'm back playing on Aberration again.  SE is fun to me, and I love its layout and general feel but even I don't play there now.

The following is not my opinion, and is not up for debate:  Before Ragnarok/Aberration came out and ARK was just Island/Center/SE (legacy days), Island and Center dominated SE in terms of player count.  The situation now is that Ragnarok, Island, and Center dominate SE in terms of player count.

With that in mind, its pretty clear that many people don't care about going to SE to tame Wyverns and Golems.  I lived the legacy time of ARK so I experienced it firsthand:  25-45 people on Island, 4-6 on SE (if that).  SE was popular at first but was abandoned pretty quickly once the honeymoon was over.  Lots of people just buy Wyverns now with ingots, and with the addition of cloning to the game, when a big tribe gets their hand on a truly special Wyvern they can just clone it out to people.  They even buy Wyverns on Ragnarok, lots of people do!

You have to get to the bottom of why people prefer maps (regardless of which one, because in this case there are 3) over SE.  Is it the features that you'd be taking away from (in this case) Ragnarok and making SE-exclusive?  No it isn't.  Is it the size of the map, availability of all vanilla dinos, and spawners that provide a more-often-than-not 130+ spawn of your favorite dinos?

15 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

Then add stuff to Scorched, not Rag. Extinction is still gonna have the majority of Scorched Creatures, removing them from Rag only gets rid of access to Wyverns and Jerboas. Rather than breathe life into an old and almost unfinished DLC, you'd rather suck it from two other maps. I'm sorry, but the changes and items you're proposing would only make Rag more popular than it already is. 

True but lets be real even if they take out scorched then this stuff is still viable and keeps it popular. Adding stuff to scorched doesn't work since they would end up adding it to rag, again causing the same problems, also with the engram acess it would be confusing because rag has scorched engrams which should have remained exclusive. This way it at least popularises rag but gives scorched incentive. Saying that add things to Scorched is a great idea but this post is trying to separate the two maps. It popularises rag 100% agree with you.  Just saying the other side of this 

On 5/9/2019 at 5:13 AM, Wanderingflower said:

Hmm,  what a cool idea, I think Ragnarok needs this. I like the idea that a windstorm would summon a powerful  tamable creature. Although I think that people would like Ragnarok even more than before (I would)

It wouldn't make scorched seem more interesting though unless some TLC was given to the Scorched map as well...:/

True but it means  if you want to get flamethrowers, wyverns and golems, you need to go to scorched. Though Yeah the creatures would nee love but still. This fresh content would be amazing.  It also adds new toys for pvp and new cool experiences for pve as well. I'm surprised this idea isn't higher. Then again alot of popular ideas are at the top. Things diehard fans have been seeking. Still I love this concept.  

9 hours ago, OPDodo said:

If you look at scorched earth ascension in the game suggestions, it is in the top 10 and has remained there this entire time.

If you also look at the actual suggestion thread, Cedric posts and tells people to not get their hopes up for an SE ascension because the resources to create an ascension area/cinematic are better spent elsewhere.  He is very discouraging!  Also, the most popular "suggestions" are MAINLY ones that will never, ever, ever, ever come true.  Wiping all official servers?  Dinosaurs/TLC but refreshed every few months?  Breedable Wyverns and Griffins?  PvP/PvE balances is the highest voted one, but I struggle to see why, how, or when they'd implement that.

What I'm saying is, the most popular suggestion isn't saying a lot, because it is half of the story.  It's about feasibility in getting them made, from a development or gameplay standpoint.  Most of the "top" suggestions are most likely never going to happen because it would grossly upset game balance or developer demand.  I did say "most likely" because I don't know for sure, but it's like...  I don't "know" that the Sun will rise tomorrow either.  I certainly expect it will based off of 30+ years of seeing it do that.

That being said, you raise some good points about the disadvantages players used to face when playing on SE.  People mostly still prefer Rag/Island/Center, but it IS definitely better to play on SE now.  I just seriously doubt that not changing SE in any way will make people want to play there more, considering that they have (in the last year or so?) made it less disadvantageous to play on SE and playercount is still really low.

This will just people occasionally go on to Scorched Earth to transfer some dinos. This will also make Ragnarok even more popular. Ragnarok has a ton of stuff already that other maps do not, even scorched earth, so we need to just keep Ragnarok the way it is. What we need is a TLC for Scorched Earth and The Center.

2 hours ago, OPre1243 said:

I kinda like new cotent splitting dlcs. A nice refresh of the map 

Idk it might work and will definately bring players back to scorched but maybe we could work on sorched first then add this to rag. Essnetially be a later priorty. Get rid of scorched dinos on extinction, we have no room or need for them at all. 

On 5/18/2019 at 12:29 PM, TheDonn said:

Not terrible ideas, some of them are pretty cool.  I personally feel a 3/10 rating is warranted.  I understand people will load up a response of "if you don't like it dont blahblah," and I'll just say, it's the game suggestions forum.  Not everyone will agree with a suggestion, and you gotta expect that.  It's not picking on anyone, it's just a member of the community not agreeing with a suggestion, so in the same way that I read your suggestion, I dunno...  Read my worry about it?

Your plan to make SE a better xpac is to give more features to a different map, to increase people's already enormous desire to play more on ARKs most popular map?  This doesn't seem like it would have the desired effect.  People will still just ignore SE and play on Rag.  Or just use SE for Wyvern egg-farming, and occasional Golem taming.  One of the reasons they flock to Rag is the size, and the spawn-mechanics there (frequent higher-level wild dino spawns).  Even back in the days before Ragnarok, SE was not a popular map.  It wasn't as bad as it is now, but people stuck to Island and Center, heavily preferring to play there over SE.  So even if you take away the SE components and make them SE-specific, you are still giving no new motivation for people to play SE.  The only motivation you are adding is for people to play on Ragnarok to get all the new creatures there.

Also, Gold is a fairly soft and very heavy metal.  An armor-set of Gold would weigh over 3 times what an Iron suit would, while not protecting as well because in a combat situation it would dent in at the first landed blow and suffocate the wearer.  I don't know that it would be the best thing to make a set of armor out of, and yes I understand that this is a video game, but there isn't wooden armor or heavy sci-fi plasma armor.  We have cloth armor, made of fiber from plants, hide made from animal skins, chitin made from hard outer parts of arthropods and their ilk, flak armor made of iron-like metal (looks like iron, and has to be worked like iron), riot gear which is made of hardened plates of polymer bonded with cement and articulated with pearls, and tek armor made of an advanced alien material that has been tested by humans to be lighter and stronger than our terrestrial metals and materials.  Putting a tier between flak and riot with inferior properties wouldn't really work well.  Not to mention, Gold is incredibly thermally conductive so the hypo/hyper insulation properties would be insanely terrible, OR it wouldn't make sense.

Also also, small suggestions are often better and much more likely to gain serious traction with the actual development team.

I get  what you are saying but I didn't read this as a complaint but rather a way to solve compaints. We all say scorhced wasn't played on legacy but that's because of the disadvantages it had over other maps. Its removed most but the problem always was how disadvantaged palyers were. If you look at scorched earth ascension in the game suggestions, it is in the top 10 and has remained there this entire time. A separation between the maps is actually  quite beneficial for both maps. Ragnarok remains its no.1 spot but scorched regains traction as people will love going  to tame wyverns and golems. Other dinos could use a tlc to be useable outside of its map.  Besides official dlc has always divided ark fans, aberration has divided fans but is used for metal runs, extinction is mostly hated because the game has been un-balanced yet its creatures are all necessities. Scorched has had the best drops (though Idk if extinction wins now with osds since thats always mixed), the best element farm (aside from element veins) and the best weapons (flame arrows, flamethrowers, chainsaws). The only problem with scorched is that it was disadvantaged and I don't mean like dlcs coming into official cluster and less time to build up. I mean the dlc was objectively disadvantaged. Turrets were down (now only tek), no access to x-plants,  generator kept decaying, yeah these are actually quite the disadvantage. The weathers need improvement but the fact is the map just had too many  disadvantages. If these problems were removed, (make thunderstorms only affect weapons or even make it so if you fly a certain height you may get zapped (even on lighting wyvern) and removed the uncessesary generator decay. 100% people would have played back in legacy on scorched and lived on socrched.   The map is loved by most of the community its just that in pvp which lets face it, is probably most of the players, players are disadvantaged. 

Not terrible ideas, some of them are pretty cool.  I personally feel a 3/10 rating is warranted.  I understand people will load up a response of "if you don't like it dont blahblah," and I'll just say, it's the game suggestions forum.  Not everyone will agree with a suggestion, and you gotta expect that.  It's not picking on anyone, it's just a member of the community not agreeing with a suggestion, so in the same way that I read your suggestion, I dunno...  Read my worry about it?

Your plan to make SE a better xpac is to give more features to a different map, to increase people's already enormous desire to play more on ARKs most popular map?  This doesn't seem like it would have the desired effect.  People will still just ignore SE and play on Rag.  Or just use SE for Wyvern egg-farming, and occasional Golem taming.  One of the reasons they flock to Rag is the size, and the spawn-mechanics there (frequent higher-level wild dino spawns).  Even back in the days before Ragnarok, SE was not a popular map.  It wasn't as bad as it is now, but people stuck to Island and Center, heavily preferring to play there over SE.  So even if you take away the SE components and make them SE-specific, you are still giving no new motivation for people to play SE.  The only motivation you are adding is for people to play on Ragnarok to get all the new creatures there.

Also, Gold is a fairly soft and very heavy metal.  An armor-set of Gold would weigh over 3 times what an Iron suit would, while not protecting as well because in a combat situation it would dent in at the first landed blow and suffocate the wearer.  I don't know that it would be the best thing to make a set of armor out of, and yes I understand that this is a video game, but there isn't wooden armor or heavy sci-fi plasma armor.  We have cloth armor, made of fiber from plants, hide made from animal skins, chitin made from hard outer parts of arthropods and their ilk, flak armor made of iron-like metal (looks like iron, and has to be worked like iron), riot gear which is made of hardened plates of polymer bonded with cement and articulated with pearls, and tek armor made of an advanced alien material that has been tested by humans to be lighter and stronger than our terrestrial metals and materials.  Putting a tier between flak and riot with inferior properties wouldn't really work well.  Not to mention, Gold is incredibly thermally conductive so the hypo/hyper insulation properties would be insanely terrible, OR it wouldn't make sense.

Also also, small suggestions are often better and much more likely to gain serious traction with the actual development team.

On 5/18/2019 at 12:29 PM, TheDonn said:

Not to be rude but far from the truth. People like scorched but people prefer ragnarok, this is quite the incentive. 

Hmm,  what a cool idea, I think Ragnarok needs this. I like the idea that a windstorm would summon a powerful  tamable creature. Although I think that people would like Ragnarok even more than before (I would)

It wouldn't make scorched seem more interesting though unless some TLC was given to the Scorched map as well...:/

On 5/21/2019 at 12:25 AM, WaterPheonix said:

True but lets be real even if they take out scorched then this stuff is still viable and keeps it popular. Adding stuff to scorched doesn't work since they would end up adding it to rag, again causing the same problems, also with the engram acess it would be confusing because rag has scorched engrams which should have remained exclusive. This way it at least popularises rag but gives scorched incentive. Saying that add things to Scorched is a great idea but this post is trying to separate the two maps. It popularises rag 100% agree with you.  Just saying the other side of this 

For the infinity-eth time, Ragnarok doesn't need to be any more popular.  Plenty of things draw people to play on Ragnarok, mostly the bigger landmass and overall-higher (not higher volume, but higher level) dino spawns.  And like @Qwertymine said, why do you think that if it is on SE, it will automatically be added to Ragnarok?  WildCard became involved in the late development stages of Ragnarok and decided to control its content.  The only reason that SE engrams and dinos are on Rag is because they approved it beforehand or decided the map design was OK (I don't know the exact timeline).  It had nothing to do with a rogue developer who unilaterally decided to add whatever he wanted to Rag (I know you aren't exactly saying this but I don't know how else you believe this could happen). 

It is all controlled by WildCard, so there is absolutely nothing to suggest that anything added to SE is automatically included in Rag.  In fact, to credit the exact opposite point, the Phoenix.  It is SE exclusive.

Archived