What's your most nostalgic/good memory?

I would like to hear your guys nostalgic memorys, even just fun times with the squad. I will start off by posting my memorys.

When I first started playing servers, because I had gotten xbox live and so I decided to leave singleplayer, but I had no idea about ark. To put things into perspective, I had been on the singleplayer world for near a year, and my base was made of thatch, with a single wood foundation and no roof. So I spawned at the south zone on the island, teamed up with a guy, and I built my base in the middle of the damn river, I know it was dumb, I know. So we had a thatch base, I met 3 other people, but the original guy had to go, I haven't seen him ever since. So now me and three others. Somebody came down from the hill one a pachy, note we were at the lagoon looking area, and we thought he was attacking us but he probably wasn't. We finally killed him and his tame after a lot of effort, and then he came down with a trike and killed us and destroyed our base. The thing I liked about this server is it was fairly new, so nobody had metal yet. We spawned somewhere near herbivore island and built another thatch base, two storys this time with a room for handheld dinos and 2 floors. I had to go to sleep for the night, and when I came on the next day we were at stone. At that point I thought we were basically the best on the server, but we weren't. Several times we got raided from the people at herbivore island, the server alpha's. Although because again, new server, the alpha's had a stone base, wooden spikes and plant x. 

A few good memories from that server were when we got whips and trolled each other, because you able to make scorched earth items on that server, and you didn't need the SE resources because the SE items had edited recipes. When we got raided and everything was killed except for a lystrosaurus, which my friend named "Vietnam Flashback". The second floor which was basically an attic, since we had sloped roofs, and we had chairs up there and would have "meetings". When me and one of my friends got trapped on the roof, because a therizino got mad at us, and so we just kept shooting it with bows and stone arrows and slingshots until it ran off. And when this guy just randomly walked up to our base, punched us, and all of our dinos chased him across the beach until we got him. I also still remember all of our dino's names.

The server got shut down soon after. It's been a year and it hasn't been online yet. Everyday I check, to see if it's online, and if it is, I will invite my friends that I haven't talked to since that server, and once again we will build up.

The thing is, we were all fairly new to ark, and that's what gave the game magic. Ark is a nostalgic game, not just for the funny moments with friends but for being new. Games are always better when your a noob.

Love these threads :) I always say my favourite or most nostalgic memory has to be from during the EA period, experiencing my first Fear Evolved Event. I remeber every third night the dodorex would spawn and I would religiously hunt it down on my ptera, it was the fastest tame I had and I didnt have a tame powerful enough anywa. I had no hope of killing it obviously but it was fun still trying to find it. It must have been just after the release of scorched because I remeber a few people on wyverns taking pot shots at the dodorex from a cliff next to the swamp on the east coast of the island. I think I still have screenshots and videos of this somewhere on my xbox. Another night a few of us were mobbing the dodorex on pteras again and I misjudged a spin attack and hit the river where the dodorex was. I danced with death for a few minutes running around the rex while I desperately tried to get back on my prera, but I did make it out a live. The terror this thing instilled on servers was crazy, this was way before PvE had ORP. So it was two weeks of terror wondering if you would log back into your server to find if the thing had spawned into your base and just nuked everything, thankfully it never happened to me or anyway I knew off. 

The other more nostalgic memories would be the first time starting each map for the first time whether it was on the Island for the very first time to say Aberration or Extinction. Experiencing each map for the first time, having no idea what your doing or where you are going is probably the best experience of the game.  

Good thread :) my most nostalgic memories would be during Early Access as well, first starting out and getting killed by everything. I remember how pumped I was to tame my first rideable dino (a parasaur), first base, and slowly learning the game and improving with it. Some of my most fun times were spent exploring the ocean depths on The Island, but the best part of it all was meeting people all over the world and making a bunch of new friends over our love of some pixelated dinosaurs :)

The first time I tamed a raptor.

I was such a noob at Ark I didn't really know much, except that every time I'd set foot outside my little 6x6 that hut, I'd get murdered by raptors. So I knew they were to be feared.

So after a few days I got myself to the bola/tranq arrow level and went out hunting for a raptor. It took forever to find one, which is ironic considering how often they seemed to find me.

I finally found one in the grove of trees by the red obelisk. A level 80 female.

I managed to tame her and was so darn excited I finally had a raptor. We went everywhere on the island together. Eventually, I widened up and started getting higher level tames, so I eventually retired Artemis. She became my base mascot.

There were other raptors of course, but she was the first.

The best memorie was when i started with ARK. I wanted to tame a Parasaur, because i liked the looks, but it was very weak with a lvl 24 wild level. 

When i found a good Parasaur I knocked it out with a slingshot and tried desperately to find the berries. As soon as I tamed it, a Carno decided to join the party and killed me, but not the parasaur. I have never seen it again. The Carno and the Parasaur

Later when i tamed lots of parasaur, which got killed, i tried to tame an Iguanodon. This was the best thing ever happened. It was dope, it was badass, it killed everything, except Dimos (yes, i attacked them because i confused them with Microraptors). The Dimo killed me, the console threw me out. And restart. 

I also remember, when i tried to build a base, which was a 3x3x2 box, and i could just stacked another floor, if i needed to. And one day, i saw a Carno near my base. And it saw me, so i was hiding behind a rock. I was expecting, that it would come around the corner and kill me, but it didnt. It was just gone. And this freaked me out.

Another good memorie was, when i tried to tame on of the big boys. So i went to the snow biome to look for a Yuty. And i found one, lvl 45, which was good for me. When i tried to knock it out, it was literately running around in the whole snow biome, but i managed to knock it out... in the water. I wanted to cry. I wanted to stop. Luckily, it wasnt under the water to drown. I called this fat DireWolf Fluffy, and i loved him. So i looked for a female. And i found one. 

Unfotunately, all my creatures died. And i dont know why. Somehow, my save file was just gone. 

I miss all the creatures I had at that time. 

RIP:

Fluffy (Yuty)

Yutah (Yutyrannus)

Mompfred (Carno)

Rudolf (Megaloceros)

my Sarco

my Basilo

my Phiomia

Eddie the Eagle (Argy) he even survived TLC pass 2

Harley Quinn (Raptor)

my Tapejara

my three Pachys

Nala (Wolf)

Littlefoot (my fat Bronto)

my Doedic

Elly (Mammoth)

And last, but not least, Usain Bolt, my Iguanodon, who started all. 

You wont be forgotten?

Sorry, i get sentimental quite often.

18 hours ago, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

The thing is, we were all fairly new to ark, and that's what gave the game magic. Ark is a nostalgic game, not just for the funny moments with friends but for being new. Games are always better when your a noob.

You are so right, this game was the best when I was a noob but it's still pretty great ?.  All my friends used to play, even my 2 sons used to play, but now it's back to just me.  I was recently wiped by the Alpha on our cluster for no reason really and yet I still play.  It was nice though getting that break when they wiped me.  Gave me a chance to try something else besides Ark for a change.  Now of course I'm back at it. I guess I never learn LOL

I remember playing back on my legacy server during beta with my buddies and one particular excursion comes to mind. We were on Herbie Island and would take a boat ride along the southern coast, around red ob, and then up the west coast to the north to mine for resources we lacked (mostly oil but also crystal and pearls and the like). The constant fear of leeds destroying the boat, the need to stay near a campfire we had at the end of the boat (only primitive/apprentice fur armor at that time) and just the weirdness that happens in the snow biome mixed with the BS that the beta days threw your way always made for fun times.

I got into this game because a friend talked me into it and so then we both talked another buddy into giving the game a try and so we both convinced another friend of ours to give it a go. Our bright selves decide to take him on one of these northern excursions about 2 days into playing the game and in the course of that excursion the following happens:

1. He gets a tranq dart in the chest while trying to block a juvenile penguin we're trying to tame (because we are freaking idiots that wanted a baby penguin all spur of the moment, that's why)

2. We would gather bio toxin by leading the jellies to the edge of our raft and then using the one crappy lightning dragon we had to hover overhead and blast them dead. Our friend has already done this a few times during the trip but one time lag strikes at the PERFECT time and he not only gets fried by our lightning but sinks low enough so the jellies just constantly shock his dead body and we can't recover his inventory (which sucked hard because we didn't have many scuba suits at the time).

3. Is walking along collecting some oil when all of a sudden a pack of 6 wolves chase a mammoth off the cliff above him and land directly on his head, pretty much instantly shredding him and almost resulting in our two tamed wolves we had for bodyguards being lost as well.

He does not play ark today, shockingly, but we still try to get him to come over to the dark side every once in awhile but we have to lead with "I swear there will be no boat rides" to even have that conversation. Ah the good old days.

19 minutes ago, LordHotPockets said:

I remember playing back on my legacy server during beta with my buddies and one particular excursion comes to mind. We were on Herbie Island and would take a boat ride along the southern coast, around red ob, and then up the west coast to the north to mine for resources we lacked (mostly oil but also crystal and pearls and the like). The constant fear of leeds destroying the boat, the need to stay near a campfire we had at the end of the boat (only primitive/apprentice fur armor at that time) and just the weirdness that happens in the snow biome mixed with the BS that the beta days threw your way always made for fun times.

I got into this game because a friend talked me into it and so then we both talked another buddy into giving the game a try and so we both convinced another friend of ours to give it a go. Our bright selves decide to take him on one of these northern excursions about 2 days into playing the game and in the course of that excursion the following happens:

1. He gets a tranq dart in the chest while trying to block a juvenile penguin we're trying to tame (because we are freaking idiots that wanted a baby penguin all spur of the moment, that's why)

2. We would gather bio toxin by leading the jellies to the edge of our raft and then using the one crappy lightning dragon we had to hover overhead and blast them dead. Our friend has already done this a few times during the trip but one time lag strikes at the PERFECT time and he not only gets fried by our lightning but sinks low enough so the jellies just constantly shock his dead body and we can't recover his inventory (which sucked hard because we didn't have many scuba suits at the time).

3. Is walking along collecting some oil when all of a sudden a pack of 6 wolves chase a mammoth off the cliff above him and land directly on his head, pretty much instantly shredding him and almost resulting in our two tamed wolves we had for bodyguards being lost as well.

He does not play ark today, shockingly, but we still try to get him to come over to the dark side every once in awhile but we have to lead with "I swear there will be no boat rides" to even have that conversation. Ah the good old days.

Yeah, the good ol' days, when you knew nothing. I never had these situations. I always played SP, because i dont want to pay for XBox Live.

I didn't start on multiplayer.  When I was new I was drug into this game by a friend with one of those small tethered together servers.  Then drug across the beaches as she ran all over pulling our tether to far.  She cheated in dragon eggs then raised them from babies and gave me a lightning dragon.  She left the game and I put her body next to a gravestone.  Looking at that stone every day tore me up so I left single player.  Now I get abused by immature twits on multiplayer.  I put their bodies next to a grave stone as well.  It does not tare me up one bit.  I wish this game had necromancy.  A legion of undead humans at my command.  Good thoughts.

Leeds? Jellyfish?! I feel ARK old now

Taming our first giga, being TERRIFIED of it because back then gigas were about 100% more powerful and gigas enraged would eat your base :( 

I still remember the day when the only other guys on the server who also tamed a giga (they were on herbi isl) let it starve by accident and it ate all their dinos.. sad day for them. (Good for us, we were the more advanced tribe then) When dinos bumped to max level 120 it changed ARK meta big tim. Rip

My second most nostalgic moment goes about 6m -1yr ahead of last one, when the Center first released. The age of the giga killer pteras XD They were almost everyone's most used mount because you would find 150s (wow 150!! Such high level exclusive to The Center back then) everywhere. Pump those bad boys to 500 melee and SHRED! Speed pteras were insane. You wouldnt bother breeding unless you had super good statted one well.. because imprinting didnt exist then.

Same Center server, week after imprints came out. More of a bad memory considering but it highlights how ruthless breeding used to be.. not like now :P Spent a week raising and imprinting a Spino. Back then if you didnt make the imprint within 4h you would LOSE YOUR IMPRINT .. well that happened to me on my last imprint and this spino i spent a week raising was for almost nothing. He became my new water mount, the oxy scale was insane, a few points in oxy and you could literally fly a bronto out of the water from lava isl to skull isl in one hop.

Miss the old days.

Her were the names of my animals, you'll see I really tried to match them with the actual names:

1. Doey (dodo)

2. Delica (dodo)

3. Lysty (lystrosaurus)

4. Vietnam Flashback (lystrosaurus)

5. Pary (parasaur)

6. Ducky (parasaur)

7. Terry (pteranodon)

8. Ultimate Killer (raptor)

9. Trike (trike)

10. Hot Rod (pteranodon)

11. Blackberry (pteranodon)

12. Lime Time (pteranodon)

13. Phi (phiomia)

I don't recall the name of the trike, we also had rafts, one was S.S. Venture and the other Titanic.

2 minutes ago, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

Her were the names of my animals, you'll see I really tried to match them with the actual names:

1. Doey (dodo)

2. Delica (dodo)

3. Lysty (lystrosaurus)

4. Vietnam Flashback (lystrosaurus)

5. Pary (parasaur)

6. Ducky (parasaur)

7. Terry (pteranodon)

8. Ultimate Killer (raptor)

9. Trike (trike)

10. Hot Rod (pteranodon)

11. Blackberry (pteranodon)

12. Lime Time (pteranodon)

13. Phi (phiomia)

I don't recall the name of the trike, we also had rafts, one was S.S. Venture and the other Titanic.

Hah that reminds me of our first days on ARK - living on boats. My awesome wood boat - Dinklexpress (then dinklexpress v2 and v3 later)

first time i played on a server, was over at my friends place, the giga had just been released, my friend was saying it would a peice of cake to knock out, he and i along with bout 20 other dudes played on a private server, we all geared up to hide armour and we maganed to tame three pteras. we also had a pachy. we searched for hours apon hours, taming things as we went, by the time we found the giga we were a rag tag team of tames, from parasurs to carnos to stegos. we all charged at it deciding to kill it instead. i teared through the bigger tames and then just sneezed to kill the smaller ones, i being the sensible one retreated with blue (blue raptor) i llooked behind to see my friend flying behind me on his argent. he was leading the giga to me, picked up blue thinking i would stay mounted. it launched me off, i started running screaming at my friend to get me the hell out of here, he dropped blue and i mounted on him, we escaped him and went to the other side of the map near red ob. we built up a base and tamed some rexes an brontos. we had it enabled to build turrets on the platform saddles. we tamed bout twenty argents and a crapton of dimorphs. this might be hyperbole but i swear there was over 100 tames in our army, we had op loot from cave runs and we were ready to seek our revenge. it took for ever to move the army losing 1 or 2 smaller tames, not dead just lost. evetnually we made it back to the mountain were the giga was and all of a sudden there were 2 freakin gigas one was max lvl the other bout lvl 60-80, we said screw it and charged at them both, boy were we stupid, we all died and only got the lower one to show some blood, to this day those gigas wear our bodies as trophies.

my solo tame was a carno, i was playing on a server over at my friends, he was busy doin somethin else not ark related, so he said to find a server and he will catch up, i joined a really good server, nice people and all, this dude gave me a ramshackle crossbow and said he knew where a high lvl carno was. he carried me over there and dropped me on a rock, i was up there for an hour tranqing the thing as it ran and came back, i was still a semi-noob at this stage so i did not have the balls to go running after it. eventually i knocked it out and the dude gave me some kibble. i called him peanut, he had brain worms and was always getting stuck. hehe, he died saving me from a pack of wolves, if taxidermy was a thing back then i would have mad eone of him.

just the other day i has dared by my brother to solo kill the desert titan on ext on my reasonably boosted single player world, i used my ascendant tek gear and my pump shoty which bty has over 1000% damage rating, and twenty ascendant rpgs and a max lvl mana i qiuckly tamed. the mana kept the flocks busy while i used its lightning to kill its self, it took over 1000 shot gun bullets and countless rockets but i did it, got an ascendant mek out of it as well. u hung its trophy and dermis in my living quarters, if desired i ca  show the recording from my ps4

On 5/2/2019 at 8:50 AM, caleb68 said:

looking back at old screenshots of the game from way back when and remembering the good times... 

346110_screenshots_2015-07-27_00002.jpg

Lol. I was built in the exact same spot in EA. Had that whole beach and the cliff because I didn't understand spawn points. Luckily we had gaps people could crawl under so no real complaints and I eventually moved. 

Being a beach Bob with about 20 other players not knowing what the hell to do when the game first launched on xbox. I built a 2x2 Thatch hut that about 10 of us occupied when it went dark as I had a campfire burning inside. My character was hungry so I munched a load of berries I'd gathered, including all the black ones. Was knocked out for ages... 

The sheer terror of the turkey during a thanksgiving event where many tribes lost multiple dinos to the small winged demons was hilarious too. 

My tribe mate shooting tranqs at a Titan to see what would happen from our raft the first time we saw one. Didn't end to well.... 

Ankys were my Achilles heel in those days (pre Kibble and pre server settings for faster tames).  I tamed up my first Anky which took all day with mejos. I was so so proud. Made it all of 10 steps and we are attacked by 3 carnos. We died. Tried again and again and never managed one. Finally I thought of a cunning plan and killed EVERYTHING anywhere near my chosen Anky. Started taming it and when it was 95% done asked a Tribe mate to keep the other dinos away while I went to the sea for water. He was  new and hit a Trike that was too close.  Trike killed him and my Anky. :(

Next day repeat and this time I am clever I brought fence foundations and wall to put around the tame......I am clever. Knock out 2 Ankys yay. This was before mate boosting and eggs so never really cared if they were male or female. Finally got the one up, YAY.  Now picture this it is DARK I have a large 2 story thatch fence enclosure around both Ankys with standing torches and a fire going.  mmmmmm Both Ankys are up and looking pretty. Checking out the stats as I am going to give the lower stat one to a friend......and then I am DEAD, along with the Ankys. Rex has spawned right on top of us and was hungry.  

Loved those days where Ark was almost impossible.

On the DodoRex that thing was fun. Lost a fair few dinos taking it down.

7 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Lol. I was built in the exact same spot in EA. Had that whole beach and the cliff because I didn't understand spawn points. Luckily we had gaps people could crawl under so no real complaints and I eventually moved. 

luckly I never had any issues with people and spawn points, no one ever spawned inside that base :)  I do love building on the game, its some of the most fun for me, trying to get creative and make new interesting things, improve buildings and their looks.

I watched my hubby and room mate play for a while before they taught me how. I was a true noob as I hadn't played a video game since my little brother had a GameCube. I was sooooo proud when I finally tamed my first carnivore, a carno, that had gotten stuck in some rocks. Looking back it was entirely too easy, but my heart was pounding the entire time because I was sure that it would get out and eat me. 

When I started my first play through on The Center I had no idea what a giga was and this was when they spawned anywhere and everywhere. I was building a medium sized wood hut and saw something big way off in the trees. "Huh, that's a funny looking rex. It's really far away so I'll just keep on building. There's no way it will come over here." About 10 minutes later I'm screaming at my room mate to log in and help save me from the giga. I was hiding in my little wood hut watching the monster chomp through my base. Ran far far away down the beach out of render distance. Though I was safe there because -noob-. That darned thing must've really liked me because it found it's way back to edge of my render and destroyed a second base and all my tames save one level 11 pteranodon. I'm still afraid of gigas. 

Archived