ARK Ocean Environment Improvements and New Map

ColonelSarge

Suggestion

I will probably be adding new ideas to this in the future.

While playing ARK, I have noticed that the water is very dull. I never go diving unless I'm gathering pearls or exploring an underwater
cave. This has given me a few ideas to make ARK's oceans more interesting.
New water based map with...

-New biomes: underwater volcanoes, kelp forests, reefs, trenches

-A few small islands for spawning, obelisks, and gathering land resources such as wood.

-New creatures: octopus (shoulder-mounted, can camouflage), helicoprion, giant sea turtle, sea snail, crabs (shoulder-mounted), flying fish
(can jump out of water and glide short distances), small tameable jellyfish, narwhal

-New items and structures: submarine, airtight diving cage (can be lowered deep into the water from a raft, gives oxygen when inside it),
airtight building structures (don't require tek vacuum compartments), ventilation pipes (used to carry fresh, breathable air to underwater
bases), rubber or sealant (for building anything airtight)

-TLC's for current water dinos in the game

Be aware that these are just a few beginning ideas. Many of these ideas may not work, and/or many new ideas could come up. Also be sure to reply with more ideas anyone may have to add to this. I also think the new creatures listed here should be added to the other maps to improve all the water environments.

11 replies to this server topic

21 hours ago, ColonelSarge said:

While playing ARK, I have noticed that the water is very dull. I never go diving unless I'm gathering pearls or exploring an underwater
cave. This has given me a few ideas to make ARK's oceans more interesting.
New water based map with...

The ocean needs an overhaul before we get a DLC for it. Right now three maps(The Island, The Center, and Ragnarok) all suffer from empty and lifeless oceans filled with the same ten creatures. 

That's why I have a problem with water DLC ideas. These areas are going to remain underdeveloped unless they are worked on first. 

Once the base game ocean is made fun and interesting, a water DLC becomes that much more anticipated and thought about. 

2 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

The ocean needs an overhaul before we get a DLC for it. Right now three maps(The Island, The Center, and Ragnarok) all suffer from empty and lifeless oceans filled with the same ten creatures. 

That's why I have a problem with water DLC ideas. These areas are going to remain underdeveloped unless they are worked on first. 

Once the base game ocean is made fun and interesting, a water DLC becomes that much more anticipated and thought about. 

These new creatures can and should be added to the other DLC's too.

Archived