I don’t understand the problem with mesh defenses

Dyslecsuc

For the life of me, I can’t come to understand why having mesh defenses are illegal, we constantly have people trying to mesh us and we can get their name cause they don’t leave a trace. If I took my mesh defenses out I would instantly get meshed for everything I have, what do you want me to do???

why can’t wildcard just make it to where I don’t need mesh defenses and where I can’t get meshed. Oh wait, that’s too much to ask for. You defend your base=dev wiped, no mesh defenses= meshed, wildcard thanks for putting everyone in a lose lose situation!

It is illegal, because it is against the rules. Sometimes there are illegal things that seem stupid. You just have to accept that. 

If you have enough of meshing, leave the server, start your own or go to SP. Sometimes you have to sacrifice something. 

And Wildcard is not Rockstar Games. It is not a big company and they need time to fix things. 

5 minutes ago, BlueberryJackal said:

It is illegal, because it is against the rules. Sometimes there are illegal things that seem stupid. You just have to accept that. 

If you have enough of meshing, leave the server, start your own or go to SP. Sometimes you have to sacrifice something. 

And Wildcard is not Rockstar Games. It is not a big company and they need time to fix things. 

to be fair they've had plenty of time to fix this issue, lol

4 minutes ago, KrakenOverlord said:

to be fair they've had plenty of time to fix this issue, lol

Thats exactly the problem. Everyone wants something from WC. These guys want a new DLC, the other guys want a new TLC every month. They cant just split all the employees into groups. They wont get finished with all the things. 

You all know, how WC is. They almost never respond to anything. You dont know what they are doing right now. Maybe they are working on the Meshing issue, maybe not. You dont know.

10 minutes ago, BlueberryJackal said:

Thats exactly the problem. Everyone wants something from WC. These guys want a new DLC, the other guys want a new TLC every month. They cant just split all the employees into groups. They wont get finished with all the things. 

You all know, how WC is. They almost never respond to anything. You dont know what they are doing right now. Maybe they are working on the Meshing issue, maybe not. You dont know.

it all  comes down to WC's biggest flaw. COMMUNICATE! They need to come on here and tell people what's going on. Everyone wants this or that? Tell them:

"No, we don't have time to work on that right now because all of our resources are being used to fix the meshing issue because it's destroying the game. We'll give you more TLC's and DLC's once we've ironed out this gaping hole in our program."

Without communicating what's going on then we're left in the dark to assume they're not working on the issue. It would be nice to be able to have the positivity to assume they ARE working on it; but we've been shown time and time again that it's not a priority. They'd rather work on adding more things that destroy the game like climbing picks to make meshing easier or managamrs to completely break PVP; than going back to their roots and fixing things. We still have issues such as baby dinos being born stuck in the mesh; and losing characters that have persisted since day 1 of early access.

4 hours ago, Dyslecsuc said:

For the life of me, I can’t come to understand why having mesh defenses are illegal

If they allow defenses in the mesh, then they would have to allow you to mesh. If they allow to mesh they can give their game up right away. If they say you are allowed to go under the mesh, but only where your base is and only to place defenses there, they have another rule that can not be enforced by any means.

1 hour ago, KrakenOverlord said:

it all  comes down to WC's biggest flaw. COMMUNICATE! They need to come on here and tell people what's going on. Everyone wants this or that? Tell them:

"No, we don't have time to work on that right now because all of our resources are being used to fix the meshing issue because it's destroying the game. We'll give you more TLC's and DLC's once we've ironed out this gaping hole in our program."

Without communicating what's going on then we're left in the dark to assume they're not working on the issue. It would be nice to be able to have the positivity to assume they ARE working on it; but we've been shown time and time again that it's not a priority. They'd rather work on adding more things that destroy the game like climbing picks to make meshing easier or managamrs to completely break PVP; than going back to their roots and fixing things. We still have issues such as baby dinos being born stuck in the mesh; and losing characters that have persisted since day 1 of early access.

I don't think you guys are paying attention.  For the past few weeks WC has really stepped up their game in both the communications dept as well as in working on counters to meshing.  I think you guys need to start reading the community crunches...

27 minutes ago, acat said:

If they allow defenses in the mesh, then they would have to allow you to mesh. If they allow to mesh they can give their game up right away. If they say you are allowed to go under the mesh, but only where your base is and only to place defenses there, they have another rule that can not be endorced by any means.

The logic is strong with this one.

19 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

I don't think you guys are paying attention.  For the past few weeks WC has really stepped up their game in both the communications dept as well as in working on counters to meshing.  I think you guys need to start reading the community crunches...

Communication is not the issue. People just put their fingers in their ears and scream “la la la, I can’t hear you” whenever the issue gets addressed because that’s how outrage mobs work.

4 hours ago, Dyslecsuc said:

Can’t instead of can*^

can not (can't) implies you are incapable of understanding the subject matter, and there is no point in discussing it (subject closed)

do not (don't) states I currently need more information to understand the subject matter (still listening and open to discussion)

Or let me put it another way, are you asking a question or ranting.

pick  your poison.

1 hour ago, Melcreif said:

Couldnt agree more. They are actually trying to communicate which is what we have been asking for since.. oh jeez.. forever.

44 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

The logic is strong with this one.

Communication is not the issue. People just put their fingers in their ears and scream “la la la, I can’t hear you” whenever the issue gets addressed because that’s how outrage mobs work.

Haha.

Well i left pvp because of this issue, i left from actually getting pickmeshed by someone but some big tribe reported me once. EVEN THOUGH THEY HAD TO GO IN THE MESH TO SNAPSHOT IT, i was the one who got dev wiped..

I mean, technically you’re not supposed to have anything to do with the mesh zone at all. So they incriminate themselves by reporting me. Somehow these snitches know, the only way they COULD is by trying to do it themselves. See? It doesn’t take a quantum physicist to figure out what’s happening..

The only logical conclusion i could come up with, is that these devs don’t bother investigating at all but just automatically wipe mass reported persons. If this is the case, that’s incredibly lazy. 

I love how everyone here’s like “just accept it bruh, let the cheaters cheat and just leave” that’s NOT acceptable, this results in a broken game. Why would anyone play pvp and build defenses just to get meshed? Because everyone’s going to leave Ark if this goes unchecked

You can’t place mesh defences for obvious reasons, many of which are explained above. Also what is to stop you from conveniently placing a vault of your most prized bps next to your mesh pill box? Two wrongs don’t make a right. In regards to communication @d1nk has it, communication has been greatly improved and a number of new innovations put in place to help bridge the gap between developer and community. Hell, he’ll be an ascendant member now ?

Archived