Implement more things from S+

Suggestion

7 replies to this server topic

2 minutes ago, SapphireSam7 said:

Sorry, I had not realized you had done so. The line used above, didn't read that way. It read as though the made their choice and we shouldn't discuss it further.

They deleted the old suggestions section from everyone's view.

Officials servers were never going to get the QoL and automation from S+. Basically everything this thread suggested.

Even if they stated it would never happen in the past, that does not mean things couldn't change. The chances may be slight at best, but the chance could still be there. 

Plus, I never suggested that it be used for official servers, merely an option for those who play host their own servers; unofficial, dedicated, and single player. A customization option for those on consoles that do not have access to mods. They would simply check a box to include additional S+ features. After all, we purchased the game as well, and it would be nice to have a few more server settings/options to work with. 

So my original statement remains the same, regardless of how likely or unlikely the inclusion of the additional S+ features may be, I still support their inclusion in the game. 

That of course, is just me. And I fully know well that not all may agree. ?

Personally, as an xbox player who does not have access to the mods, I would have to agree with the creator of this suggestion.

There are several other building items that I would appreciate their adding. Even a few of the machines that simple help move the game along a bit would be nice to have. 

As for how "game breaking" they may be, which seems to be an arguement most want to make, I would simply make it a server setting. A checkbox that could allow or disallow the full use of the S+ gameplay mechanics onto the server. That way officials could keep doing their thing, and those who otherwise do not have the option, could make the choice as to how they would want to run with their server, the same way that PC does today.

And I do understand the time and effort it would take to include something. So to do so on something that may not fit the game as a whole, would be asking a lot. 

However I feel that, as a console player, it would be nice to have access to a few more mod styles extras, even if it takes a bit of time to make them happen. 

Just now, SapphireSam7 said:

Personally, as an xbox player who does not have access to the mods, I would have to agree with the creator of this suggestion.

There are several other building items that I would appreciate their adding. Even a few of the machines that simple help move the game along a bit would be nice to have. 

As for how "game breaking" they may be, which seems to be an arguement most want to make, I would simply make it a server setting. A checkbox that could allow or disallow the full use of the S+ gameplay mechanics onto the server. That way officials could keep doing their thing, and those who otherwise do not have the option, could make the choice as to how they would want to run with their server, the same way that PC does today.

And I do understand the time and effort it would take to include something. So to do so on something that may not fit the game as a whole, would be asking a lot. 

However I feel that, as a console player, it would be nice to have access to a few more mod styles extras, even if it takes a bit of time to make them happen. 

I suggested long ago before homestead update that S+ be added as is to the base game as a mod with everything intacted including all the s+ settings. Make s+ a toggle activation on the UI/ini files for single player mode, consoles, unofficials. Similar to Prim+, but not a total conversion.

Then just have official S+ settings for official servers. Hide engrams they don't want. PvP and PvE could even have different S+ settings.

This would have been the only way console players would have the option to play the REAL STRUCTURES + mod.

2 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

I suggested long ago before homestead update that S+ be added as is to the base game as a mod with everything intacted including all the s+ settings. Make s+ a toggle activation on the UI/ini files for single player mode, consoles, unofficials. Similar to Prim+, but not a total conversion.

Then just have official S+ settings for official servers. Hide engrams they don't want. PvP and PvE could even have different S+ settings.

This would have been the only way console players would have the option to play the REAL STRUCTURES + mod.

Sorry, I had not realized you had done so. The line used above, didn't read that way. It read as though the made their choice and we shouldn't discuss it further.

There is a lot, I think, that could be added through server settings to both keep the game the way it is for some, but also allow for additional customization. I think most of the suggestion's I have come across have at least one way a simple checkbox or slider could be added that would allow for that customization piece and this was simply another to add to the list. 

Archived