Event is over but color creatures still spawning

arkark

Well, this is weird but im still seeing spawns of eggcellence color event creatures on different official PVE maps.

Some hours ago and after the patch I almost cleared 100% of dinos in one of the center caves. Now I go back to cave and some of the new spawns still have eggcellent colors.

Then I go to ragna, I full clear the highlands zone where the griffins are. I check minutes later, I can see dinos with color. 1 bronto color, 2 argys, 2 griffin.

Also the cooking pot still have the event recipes, but maybe this is intended.

Dont know if you noticed that on your servers.

Is this ok @Chris @Cedric?

4 hours ago, arkark said:

There is no problem but iirc this never happened with other color events. Thats why im wondering.

Not only that, but Bunny Dodos are still around. If Bunny Dodos are still spawning and laying event eggs AND colored dinos still around, event is not over.

It is not a question of leftovers, they are still spawning.

9 hours ago, arkark said:

There is no problem but iirc this never happened with other color events. Thats why im wondering.

Yea, it did. Until the new event I was still seeing Valentines Day spawns occurring here and there. Tamed a bright red & pink griffin just before the new event that was a more recent spawn in the area. 

On Wednesday, May 01, 2019 at 11:09 AM, DeHammer said:

Yea, it did. Until the new event I was still seeing Valentines Day spawns occurring here and there. Tamed a bright red & pink griffin just before the new event that was a more recent spawn in the area. 

Thats just leftover tames from event prior.  Remember you are on unofficial and things work a bit different, unless a dino wipe is done youll see them still :) Official has automated dino wipe protocals every now and then

4 hours ago, d1nk said:

Thats just leftover tames from event prior.  Remember you are on unofficial and things work a bit different, unless a dino wipe is done youll see them still :) Official has automated dino wipe protocals every now and then

A dino wipe as in "kill them all!", or is it something more formal than that? Ah, sorry I see you sort of explained that already. I went through that particular area a number of times during and after the event slaying any Griffins I saw to encourage fresh spawns. That's why I assumed it was likely a fresh spawn as opposed to leftovers. Also noticed the same thing with Doedics. Kept killing or taming pink & red Doedicurous' but they kept showing up. 

EDIT: I have to add that after the Easter event there's a marked difference for us on our private server. Not seeing new spawns... just old stuff still hanging around. 

3 minutes ago, Cedric said:

Interesting, we'll look into this!

Its corrected now. Yesterday you did a server restart with no patch that removed the recipes from the cookpots and the spawns of event dinos. And if im not wrong, with the patch of today you have issued a wild dino wipe because some color dinos stuck in a place in a center cave have dissapeared after patch.

• Wildcard Community
1 hour ago, arkark said:

Its corrected now. Yesterday you did a server restart with no patch that removed the recipes from the cookpots and the spawns of event dinos. And if im not wrong, with the patch of today you have issued a wild dino wipe because some color dinos stuck in a place in a center cave have dissapeared after patch.

Thanks for the clarification!

2 hours ago, DeHammer said:

A dino wipe as in "kill them all!", or is it something more formal than that? Ah, sorry I see you sort of explained that already. I went through that particular area a number of times during and after the event slaying any Griffins I saw to encourage fresh spawns. That's why I assumed it was likely a fresh spawn as opposed to leftovers. Also noticed the same thing with Doedics. Kept killing or taming pink & red Doedicurous' but they kept showing up. 

EDIT: I have to add that after the Easter event there's a marked difference for us on our private server. Not seeing new spawns... just old stuff still hanging around. 

Are you positive the admin turned it off? It has to be manually set and for example, we're still seeing easter dinos because our admin kept it on a bit longer.

Besides this one I havent heard of this before

2 hours ago, d1nk said:

Are you positive the admin turned it off? It has to be manually set and for example, we're still seeing easter dinos because our admin kept it on a bit longer.

Besides this one I havent heard of this before

Our admins aren't controlling ours. The event dinos just show up when the event starts. Could be controlled by our server provider perhaps?  

18 hours ago, d1nk said:

It's more than that. Every event I've ever noticed has failed to end on time. I've begun using command line to shut them off entirely as I'm not interested in them to begin with.

Official servers spit out event animals after events end.  Happened last Easter ,  happened this Easter.   

My my theory is that the game queues up the next animals to spawn before the take the servers down.  Then when the server comes back up, animals that were already in process to spawn complete the process.

Archived