New Official Cluster & Legacy 2.0

moshbeast321

Suggestion

If the developers will not wipe official then I propose that the developers simply repeat the same scenario that occurred during release in which the current cluster became Legacy and a new official cluster was opened. This was the best compromise then and it is the best compromise now. Let the players choose where they want to play instead of the developers making the decision for them. This breathes life into an otherwise stale game and gives opportunities for many new and old players to return to the game. Repeat it every 1.5 - 2 years and continue to re-purpose servers where it seems feasible for newer clusters. 

Before you mention it I think I speak for most people in saying that we'll hard pass on "classic" servers or whatever other Snail Games controlled cluster they come up with next. We want a new official cluster, no silly rule-sets, no Snail Games, just official PvP.

5 replies to this server topic

I am against this. STRONGLY against it for PvE.

If Legacy still have GM support, I would still be playing there today.

I only play PvE.
Due to the lack of support against trolls and bullies and griefers on PvE... I left Legacy. I left because of the Lawlessness that went on. LAWLESSNESS! Being called all sorts of foul words, words that even swearing streamers wont say, it happened! Wild dinos kited, pillar spam, most of the map blocked off on Aberration. No, just NO. I dont want that to happen AGAIN!

Last straw for me on Legacy was a 4-high, 10+ wall long of Behemoth gates.

ErzxVa4.jpg

Outrageous! and GMs would do NOTHING... because it's Legacy.

I still cherish my tames I tamed on PvE Legacy, playing with them as recently as today. But it is not the same as playing with tribemates, which I prefer playing with Tribemates over this lonely nostalgia.

On 5/1/2019 at 5:34 PM, Aylana314159 said:

Wiping or a new set of servers will not matter unless the game is fixed and properly balanced for PvP.

Whether the game is balanced or not doesn't matter in the context of a wipe. There will always be changes and nothing will be perfectly balanced, that isn't an excuse to wipe.

On 5/1/2019 at 6:19 PM, Oli4 said:

Why should it be wiped? Especially for PVE I see no purpose to wipe it, and for PVP the same tribes will become alpha, so it wont fix anything. Meshing is still possible so theres no reason to wipe the cluster for it. Sounds like unofficial PVP is more for you

I'm talking about Official PvP if that wasn't obvious enough, PvE doesn't make sense to wipe. In a wipe tribes will have different players comprising them as players take the opportunity to go play with other people that they wouldn't otherwise play with because they were already invested elsewhere. Tribes will have different allegiances in terms of who is their friend and who is their enemy. It was that way the previous wipe and it will be so again and even if nothing changes at least it will still be a breath of fresh air.

Meshing isn't an argument against wiping, and it's always been possible. Saying that WC can literally do nothing else in their game because "meshing" isn't a solid argument, furthermore meshing on official PvP is extremely difficult to get away with and rarely occurs nowdays because there is always people online, this isn't 6man.

Archived