ADD MORE REALISM

Thethrivist123

Suggestion

Hi guys I’m new to the survive the ark community however I have played this game since my 13 birthday. Through my life I have always been in love with dinosaurs, literally this was ALL I would talk about! And as a child I would only play with the dinosaur toys I had. So if you told me about a video game specific about surviving with Dino’s, I probably would have came out of my skin! Finally when I was 13 an older cousin of mine told me about this game and I decided to give it a try. I absolutely LOVED it! However as i still play it today, I realize that there are major things left out.

One of these is scent and tracking, take a hungry carnivore for example, in real life it would be able to pick up scents of a wounded Dino OR in negative conditions, a much larger and hungrier Dino! This should also apply AGAINST the player and keep them always on edge. However it should also apply for the player  as well. When hunting or searching for something to tame these scents and tracks should allow the player to understand what is in the area. If I could suggest footprints that deplete after a specific amount of time that would be great to!

my second suggestion would be to fix how the Dino’s interact with one another. What I mean by this is have the herbivores such as the parasaur migrate with others to different points on the map with there species as well as other Dino’s. Kinda like the stampedes on Jurassic park! This would make the game fun and VERY immersive. Imagine walking through the forest on the saddle of your Rex and breaking through the forest into the herd of Dino’s, letting out a huge roar, and to have all the Dino’s run away! However these heards should also bring unwanted attention from other less “nice” Dino’s! To the unsuspecting player, this could be lethal. If it wasn’t clear enough these heards and migrations should be reactive with hostile Dino’s!

I believe that everyone working on this game is trying extremely hard and doing a very good job at it! In a smaller summation, I would suggest scents, tracks, migrations and herds( which should be easy given the fact you did this with the allosaurus and raptors as well as the equus!) i almost forgot! I also shall request that the Carnivores stalk their prey rather than going full throttle into attack mode. it would bring more realism to the game and I guarantee more people too!  

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived