What are some good places to rent servers from?

hello fellow gamer's, me and my friends wanted to make are own server for us and are friends to play on along with whoever else joins and wanted to know good places to host servers from. We wanted to set up the server around summer time because that will be the time we can play the most any help would be very much appreciated.

Nitrado is probably the most popular. It's easy to use and has a decent interface for making server changes. It also works with another app called Beacon that will allow you to make even more changes to your server quickly and easily (i.e., setting max dino levels, making custom drops, etc.). It's what I use and is pretty good so far. I would recommend checking it out. 

Nitrado is your only option.  Beacon works with any version of the game and not affiliated with nitrado. Nitrado is expensive for high slot server per month and they have a monopoly. You can host via PC but the devs have purposely crippled that version and refuse to update/fix issues with it in the past 2 years so more people are pushed to nitrado so they can profit share, given some of the official servers run on nitrado hardware.

20 hours ago, RoGAsteria said:

Nitrado is probably the most popular. It's easy to use and has a decent interface for making server changes. It also works with another app called Beacon that will allow you to make even more changes to your server quickly and easily (i.e., setting max dino levels, making custom drops, etc.). It's what I use and is pretty good so far. I would recommend checking it out. 

Thanks for letting me know I will check it out.

On 5/2/2019 at 3:40 PM, Juggernaut said:

Nitrado is your only option.  Beacon works with any version of the game and not affiliated with nitrado. Nitrado is expensive for high slot server per month and they have a monopoly. You can host via PC but the devs have purposely crippled that version and refuse to update/fix issues with it in the past 2 years so more people are pushed to nitrado so they can profit share, given some of the official servers run on nitrado hardware.

What brand tinfoil do you wear?

2 hours ago, Juggernaut said:

The same one the devs have worn for 2 years not fixing windows store version bugs and issues. 

Notice how every other platform has a choice of server providers except for Xbox/UWP?

Remember when Microsoft rejected Wildcard’s proposed rental service that works for PS4 because it would mean they weren’t able to skim from the top.

Remember when Microsoft said they would work with Wildcard to create a anti-cheat that works on both Windows 10 and Xbox that would enable cross play across the whole official network?

Microsoft are the problem.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/6/2019 at 4:44 PM, SaltyMonkey said:

Notice how every other platform has a choice of server providers except for Xbox/UWP?

Remember when Microsoft rejected Wildcard’s proposed rental service that works for PS4 because it would mean they weren’t able to skim from the top.

Remember when Microsoft said they would work with Wildcard to create a anti-cheat that works on both Windows 10 and Xbox that would enable cross play across the whole official network?

Microsoft are the problem.

Remember when Wildcard said "No paid DLC during development"?

Remember when Wildcard said "We're serious"?

Remember when Wildcard said "No server rental for Xbox" and then waited until a ton of people had bought a second Xbox to host a dedicated server (business deal with Microsoft anyone?) before announcing rental servers through Nitrado?

1 hour ago, ExcessEvil said:

Remember when Wildcard said "No server rental for Xbox" and then waited until a ton of people had bought a second Xbox to host a dedicated server (business deal with Microsoft anyone?) before announcing rental servers through Nitrado?

Wildcard announced rented servers for consoles back in early 2017 (toyed with the idea late 2016), but didn’t release them until later that year, after the game fully released. How convenient of you to leave out that tiny detail.

1 hour ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Wildcard announced rented servers for consoles back in early 2017 (toyed with the idea late 2016), but didn’t release them until later that year, after the game fully released. How convenient of you to leave out that tiny detail.

Explain Einstien why Nitrado hosted servers appear instantly on the server list, have access to console startup commands, while the windows version hasn't fixed issues in 2 years (no in game music, graphics failing to load, basic whistles and inputs not working, no option to host server headless)...because nitrado helps with official hosting costs and I'm return they get a monopoly and more up to date experience than hosting via Xbox or windows PC. Both PC and nitrado use x86 hardware so it isn't a hardware limitation. 

Nitrado would lose their monopoly because ppl could host a server for few bucks a month in electricity with off the shelf components vs nitrados out rageous price of $70/month of a single map 70 slot server that doesn't even get dedicated hardware

12 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

They told Xbox One owners that the game would not feature rental servers and that they would rely on a secondary console to run a dedicated one not too long after the game released under Game Preview. Funny you should leave out that tiny detail, eh? It wasn't until the game was getting ready to launch that they announced that we'd get rental servers through Nitrado. Meaning, they tricked every ARK fan on the Xbox one who wanted their own dedicated private server, to shelf out for a secondary console (me included) to get a dedicated server, in order to avoid the mess that were, and still are, official servers. Now, i'm no detective, but that does seem like a shady business deal to me.

11 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Might your room look like this?

Which one of my 6 spare rooms? I'm re-painting one room so it might look something like that, though.

11 hours ago, Juggernaut said:

Explain Einstien why Nitrado hosted servers appear instantly on the server list, have access to console startup commands, while the windows version hasn't fixed issues in 2 years (no in game music, graphics failing to load, basic whistles and inputs not working, no option to host server headless)...because nitrado helps with official hosting costs and I'm return they get a monopoly and more up to date experience than hosting via Xbox or windows PC. Both PC and nitrado use x86 hardware so it isn't a hardware limitation. 

Nitrado would lose their monopoly because ppl could host a server for few bucks a month in electricity with off the shelf components vs nitrados out rageous price of $70/month of a single map 70 slot server that doesn't even get dedicated hardware

I don't think I could agree more. I think it's some sort of conspiracy marketing plan because the console versions of the game fall far behind the Steam version in terms of core functionality, and yet the console versions actually cost 60USD while the Steam version costs 50USD and has way more options in renting servers that are far cheaper and far more reliable while being more consumer friendly. How's that for detail? I just think that it's hilarious that a ton of people bought another console to host their own dedicated server (like myself) then a few months later, Nitrado servers came out and afterwards, I was experiencing more issues with my dedicated server than ever before. The whole thing could barely run two hours without crashing. I just think the biggest insult is the Windows 10 Play Anywhere version, you can buy a top of the line computer and you will have an unplayable experience simply because of the bugs and glitches. I'm sure even Fallout 76 is more playable than Ark on Windows 10. I don't think there's really much of an excuse because it's literally the same as the Steam version in terms of how it runs on your computer.
My final verdict though is all the platforms, every single one of them need a lot of work to ensure that the game is as playable as possible for all users without one platform being worse while another is better. The console versions barely even run on current gen consoles. Optimizing all of them though is key because I think a polished game will beat out a game with a lot of content every time.

8 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Unfortunately Joe, these people are too far in the rabbit hole. The only thing you can suggest for them is what brand they prefer to use.

Just remember, it’s all a conspiracy Joe. No factual evidence required.

Dude, do you work for NItrado? I see you posting advertisements for Nitrado all the time. It isn't a conspiracy it is fact. Host a Nitrado xbox server and it will be on the list server list instantly. Host an xbox dedicated or windows store xbox server and it won't appear on the list for days....same exact x86 hardware. All three running on xbox app MS approved devices/apps. Yet Nitrado gets access to ASM/startup commands and can run headless. They (devs) have purposefully or on accident for 2 years not supported the windows store version of the game. There isn't even in game music, conspiracy or not, the devs don't support windows store version, and haven't since release. 

Your only options OP

1. Pay Nitrado $70/month for a single map 70 slot server (they have lower tiers if you don't need 70 available slots, it it just equivalent to what you get on windows store version (can only have 70 slots, no less or more for windows store hosting), but a 10 slot server is $10/month for Nitrado). 

2. Deal with a crippled version of hosting on xbox console or windows store version which would only costs you the price of electricity per month minus startup costs for the xbox/machine.

13 hours ago, Juggernaut said:

Dude, do you work for NItrado? I see you posting advertisements for Nitrado all the time. It isn't a conspiracy it is fact. Host a Nitrado xbox server and it will be on the list server list instantly. Host an xbox dedicated or windows store xbox server and it won't appear on the list for days....same exact x86 hardware. All three running on xbox app MS approved devices/apps. Yet Nitrado gets access to ASM/startup commands and can run headless. They (devs) have purposefully or on accident for 2 years not supported the windows store version of the game. There isn't even in game music, conspiracy or not, the devs don't support windows store version, and haven't since release. 

Your only options OP

1. Pay Nitrado $70/month for a single map 70 slot server (they have lower tiers if you don't need 70 available slots, it it just equivalent to what you get on windows store version (can only have 70 slots, no less or more for windows store hosting), but a 10 slot server is $10/month for Nitrado). 

2. Deal with a crippled version of hosting on xbox console or windows store version which would only costs you the price of electricity per month minus startup costs for the xbox/machine.

But PS4 and PC have access to other hosted server providers so you claims mean nothing.

4 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

But PS4 and PC have access to other hosted server providers so you claims mean nothing.

This is a dedicated discussion for Xbox....jesus you need help.

Steam has no issues with dedicated, they get all the access they want to all the features if they host from a PC and there are tons of 3rd party providers. There is only 1 3rd party provider for Xbox and that is nitrado.

12 hours ago, Juggernaut said:

This is a dedicated discussion for Xbox....jesus you need help.

Steam has no issues with dedicated, they get all the access they want to all the features if they host from a PC and there are tons of 3rd party providers. There is only 1 3rd party provider for Xbox and that is nitrado.

But PS4 doesn’t have the same issues that Xbox has so maybe, get this, Microsoft is the problem. Stop being a shill for your precious platform and stop blaming Wildcard for Microsoft’s business practices.

2 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

But PS4 doesn’t have the same issues that Xbox has so maybe, get this, Microsoft is the problem. Stop being a shill for your precious platform and stop blaming Wildcard for Microsoft’s business practices.

You can't host a PS4 from a PC and they don't have cross play. They have the same issues xbox console hosting has. Precious platform? You mean the same platform that I also paid the same amount of $ for yet is 2 years behind in development and features? You are a joke an offer zero solutions and lack the knowledge related to xbox hosting. 

The OP asked a simple question, where can he host xbox servers. He/She can either host via Nitrado (the only 3rd party) provider or host via a PC or xbox console and lack basic functionality because the devs don't support their own platforms. Simple as that. Straight up fact, nothing to argue. 

6 hours ago, Juggernaut said:

You can't host a PS4 from a PC and they don't have cross play. They have the same issues xbox console hosting has. Precious platform? You mean the same platform that I also paid the same amount of $ for yet is 2 years behind in development and features? You are a joke an offer zero solutions and lack the knowledge related to xbox hosting. 

The OP asked a simple question, where can he host xbox servers. He/She can either host via Nitrado (the only 3rd party) provider or host via a PC or xbox console and lack basic functionality because the devs don't support their own platforms. Simple as that. Straight up fact, nothing to argue. 

But PS4 can host from multiple hosting providers other than Nitrado, so Microsoft is the problem. Not sure why you keep dodging this, oh right, because it trashes your agenda.

6 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

But PS4 can host from multiple hosting providers other than Nitrado, so Microsoft is the problem. Not sure why you keep dodging this, oh right, because it trashes your agenda.

Any company can go through Xbox cert process, just none of them want to pay the 30% app fee. Again this is about Xbox hosting....

Is it really so bad to want the same version of the game running on the same x86 hardware and systems to have the same feature set as the platform it already cross plays with? Both Xbox console and windows store are made by the same devs and go through the same cert process yet one is 2 years behind development filled with game breaking bugs. The devs have long been running ark on PC via steam way before console versions so there should be no excuse for why one version of the game lacks basic functionality compared to the other. I bought the game just like console players yet we (windows store) get zero support.

Im not the only one complaining of the same issues for windows store @Cedric:

Even a sticky on windows store issue that is yet to be resolved:

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2019 at 12:25 PM, Juggernaut said:

Any company can go through Xbox cert process, just none of them want to pay the 30% app fee. Again this is about Xbox hosting....

Is it really so bad to want the same version of the game running on the same x86 hardware and systems to have the same feature set as the platform it already cross plays with? Both Xbox console and windows store are made by the same devs and go through the same cert process yet one is 2 years behind development filled with game breaking bugs. The devs have long been running ark on PC via steam way before console versions so there should be no excuse for why one version of the game lacks basic functionality compared to the other. I bought the game just like console players yet we (windows store) get zero support.

Im not the only one complaining of the same issues for windows store @Cedric:

Even a sticky on windows store issue that is yet to be resolved:

How is getting charged 30% extra for other rental providers to host on Xbox anything other than a Microsoft problem? Why do you keep dodging that?

And at no point have I ever disagreed with you about how hosting on your own PC should be anything other than the same experience you would expect with Steam.

Archived