Griffin Taming

Hyphaestion

So I just knocked out a griffin, level 60, dodoex calculator is so wrong its not even funny and the wiki page is also not very helpful either.  Just so we're all on the same page its being taming with allo kibble and is taming at 26.1% so 0.6% every 4min, 30seconds on average. 

So first of all i dont know if im reading the dodo page incorrectly, this was recently updated to the mobile version just next to the creature icon anyway by my calculations i'm going to need 166.6666 portions of allo kibble, is this some kind of joke?

Timing wise 4min,30seconds (270 seconds) x 165 = 44550 seconds

44550 / 60 = 742.50 minutes (12.375 hours) ??? DILO longest training time of all dinos, please find a way to fix all the timing calculation on the website as I would not have bothered with this whole exercise with the above in mind. 

Also is it really neccesary to make these things this hard to tame, the argeventis by like 85% of accounts is a better flying mount. 

Just now, Hyphaestion said:

Yeah we don't have mutton, prime is the closest by that's even longer than the allo kibble

Sucks Sorry. I tried using the old kibble on the PC for a tame and it took forever it was only then I noticed the kibble change. Unfortunately my Mobile knowledge is severely lacking. Hope someone here can assist. 

Griffins are endgame, for players who like challenges in taming.  Easiest way is to tame  level 10 or so male and female griffins with the same house name using Allo kibble, or super Allo kibble.  You really do not want a taming efficiency bonus with these, because the higher the level griffin, the longer it takes them to produce eggs.  Then save up griffin kibble.  You need 5-6 if you use soothing balm on a level 290+ griffin.  They are fast, deal a lot of damage, and very versatile.   I use them to build a lot because you can dismount in air (keep them on follow) and can use them for a mobile platform.  They move forward and backward, attack while landed, and you can shoot from them.  Their biggest weaknesses are their stamina and weight, but if you tame a level 290 or 300, you do not notice as much.  I have yet to breed them to raise because I haven't found high level griffins of the same house to breed yet.  But I have heard that raising the babies are difficult also.

I just tamed my first Griffin (SP, level 15). I build a trap on top of Far’s Peak and lured it in on an Argy. I used a Soothing Balm 10x and only had to use 1 Griffin kibble (I had 3 from the monthly pass loot a while ago, used 2 for Unicorns though). 

It looks nice with white and grey wings but it has terrible stamina and melee....so not very usefull yet. 
Now looking for a female with the same name to breed...and hopefully get better stats. 

I’ve a server called alpha island na pvp brutal I’ve been doing it this way I live near fats peak so I lure griff to base about level 20-60 then level to about 180 feed biotox tp to swamp with Caron my friend waits near griff get a butt load of primeput soothing and tame and if you want good color you must breed for head and back then use potent d for main wing color and chest

Archived