Another Rag Boss Thread

CroolisVar

Sry I know these threads are everywhere, but the quality of answers are frequently not good, so I'm asking.

I live on Rag solo (unofficial cluster). I am building a base on Island so I can build tek there when I get the tekgrams following boss fights. I want to kill Island bosses as only one at a time.

I read that the Dragon is easier on Rag than it is on Island (you deal increased damage to it), but you're fighting Manticore as well. Being solo, I shall likely only fight Alpha Dragon once, so I'll leave it till last. It will help me immensely tho to get a Tek Transmitter, so I'm keen on getting Beta Dragon done. 

I have 19  Tek Rexes and a Yuti, stats:

35k Health, 1200% dmg, but only 50 armour saddles for them. I might be able to get my hands on a 62 armour saddle bp.

With that saddle, in either arena will I be taking on too much if I go Alpha Dragon with what I got? And as a solo, should I go for Rag or Island?

Thx for replies.

• 8 months later...

I would not attempt Alpha Island dragon with those stat rexes and saddles. Theris are the way to go because of their ability to eat veggie cakes to passively heal themselves and they take less fire damage. Beta dragon unlocks basically everything alpha does.

I regularly host Alpha Rag fights on Official. I ran them initially with a yuty and 19 rexes with 74 armor saddles and 45k health w/ about 1500 melee. The dragon is much easier on rag. Take that down first without paying any attention to the manticore. Then it's easy going from there. Some people choose to ignore the 6 rock golems that spawn once the manticore reaches half health (reason why you dont attack manticore first), but I go ahead and kill them. They hardly do any damage to my rexes.

On 4/30/2019 at 8:09 AM, CroolisVar said:

I have 19  Tek Rexes and a Yuti, stats:

35k Health, 1200% dmg, but only 50 armour saddles for them. I might be able to get my hands on a 62 armour saddle bp.

With that saddle, in either arena will I be taking on too much if I go Alpha Dragon with what I got? And as a solo, should I go for Rag or Island?

Dragon can crank out damage, but with 1200% melee you can kill Beta for sure.  I remember our first Alpha kill on Official, we had nearly half that melee percentage and less HP, but 90 armor saddles.  We took a Daeodon, and got the kill with 30K HP and 700% melee Rexs.  I'd get that 62 armor saddle BP and go nuts with crafting skill + focal chili, see if you can get all 80+ saddles.

But 1200% is an enormous amount of melee damage.  With the multiplier on Rag Dragon being what it is, you should be biting for over 2500 damage per bite with each Rex at that melee percentage.  Dragon will go down pretty fast, but he will still put a hurting on the Rexes.  Then, micro'ing the Rexs to avoid getting hammered by the Rock Elementals that Manticore spawns will be critical.  With that low of armor saddles, the Rexs will take one hell of a beating from the Eles so keep em moving.  Or set one Rex on Passive and whistle him to stand still, and sacrifice him to let all the rest live.

And watch the Dimorphs that spawn in, too.  I've had a few tribemates wiped out by Dimorphs because they didn't notice, and before they could react they were eaten alive by 4-5 of them.  And watch Manticore's poison, it can and will KO your Rexes and your Yuty if they are hit enough times.  Basically watch everything hahaha!

And not to add to the dumpster-fire that is the Rag boss, but Manticore has a terrible habit of not landing for 25 minutes, and wiping your army with a timer-expiration.  The go-to suggestion is to bring a high damage shotgun and about 300 shells to help him die.  Remember though, if he dies in the air you get no element.  Don't know if that would be a problem for you, but at least you know now!

Archived