Alternative to foundation spamming and No Build Zones around structures.

WilliamMichell

Suggestion

I would like to see a flag system introduced where each player is given 1 flag that has a no enemy build zone that is 1.5 times the radius of the Tek Generator (70.5 foundations?) (or what ever structure currently has the largest no enemy build zone). This would be the only structure that would prevent enemies from building and would only be allowed to overlap when in a tribe.

You could still build outside of this zone as long as its not inside another enemies flagged area.

Anything outside of your flagged area would have a 50% reduced decay timer, anything within the flag has no decay timer but the flag has a 14 day decay timer.

As with other structures the land flag would become tribe owned when in a tribe and thus the tribe would have as many flags as it has players to extend its base or build outposts.

Additional:

I would also like to see no build zones around Major Resource Spawns such as Metal, Obsidian and Crystal, something like 6 foundations around each spawn.

1 reply to this server topic

Reworded to try to make my idea make more sense:

I would like an implementation (sort of) of the land ownership flags, I would like it changed slightly to only allow 1 per player and have a radius of 1.5 times the no build zone of the Tek Generator.

• The flag has a no enemy build zone of 1.5 times the current no build zone of a Tek Generator (I believe that is 70.5 foundations)
  • Remove all other structure no build zones
  • Anything inside the flags zone has decay timer as though it was multiple structures snapped together
  • Anything outside the flags zone has decay timer as though nothing was snapped to it
  • When in a tribe you share flag zones which enables players to build big bases or multiple bases in different locations, if you leave the tribe your flag is automatically returned to your inventory
  • I feel this would greatly improve pillar spam (as there would be no reason for it as it wouldn't achieve anything) and because of this it would also improve FPS

@Kaprosuchus This is my suggestion from the official suggestion thread, If its any help to you for you mod?

Archived