ARK's Linux version broken

Cuzzy

• 3 weeks later...

as a linux user i agree 100% but i don't know how it would be feasible for them to determine who does and does not get a refund. i play ark on my linux PC and my windows laptop, and alot of people have played thousands of hours, and i din't think refunds would be fair to the company if you have played their product that much.

I play on ubuntu 18.04, which is steam supported afaik. I'm just asking to be able to use what I payed for. If I brought my car to a garage to get a headlight fixed and it didn't run when I came to pick it up, I would most certainly demand my money back. This feels like the same thing to me. I can't get a steam refund because I have 4 hours on record. Steam limit is 2. It worked in november when I bought it. Just give me that version. Give me support or refund. The new update hard freezes my machine instead of just not joining. Never had this much trouble with any native game, ever.

Fix Linux Client that last patch broke

Linux client locks up after last patch when you click Join Ark or Host, clicking options, credits etc works normally.

Here is the output from starting the game via command line if this helps.

$ ./ShooterGame
Using binned.
4.5.1-0+UE4 7038 3077 404 10
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 346110
Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID:  Caching Steam ID:  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [API loaded no]

6 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

WC should work getting the Windows version fully compatible with Steam's Proton. At this point that would make the most sense for WC.

That would be the better option but pulling linux support completely and focusing on the windows version would actually cost WC more money at this point because of how valve reacts to pulling platform support. it's alot easier to just not support it fully for them.

• 1 month later...

Is this still broken or no? I'm in the process of installing Proton/Valve software from github so that I can play Ark on the latest version of Ubuntu. As it is right now I had steam installed and when I try to open Ark it plays the music to start up but nothing ever shows up on the screen. Then the music shuts off after around 5 seconds. Steam still shows up running but the game is clearly not on.

Archived