Mana nerf dident go far enough.

xHGxAJ

Suggestion

Seriously something needs to be done about these dino's

they have absolutly no counter except turrets its rediculous
I recently went back to official with 3 of my friends on small tribes

We tried about 10 different servers spending at least a day on all but even a week on some Trying to build up
On every single server groups of trolls on mana's go up and down the maps raping anyone and anything they find.
They camp bob spawns and indescriminitly kill anyone and any tame they fine

Now ill admit this sort of behavior has always been an issue the trolls were always there and they always will be their but why on gods good earth would you give them the efing mana?
Its like it was designed to be a troll machine
Unless you have a mana which obviously most dont you die.. its as simple as that its near impossible to even deal with one but they dont come in 1's these raptorers roam in packs!

You have to do something about this crap its caused us to just quit official again.. and I know countless other people who have done the same and look im not trying to blow my own trumpet here but we are good at the game man... ide put myself against anyone in a ptere battle and ide have a good chance of winning but you cant do anything about a mana unless u have a damn mana..
and a bred one at that im yet to see a troll on anything less than a lvl 350+

Just do something about it please I dont care what anyone says they are a trolls best friend and the last thing Ark needs is anything that encorages toxic behavior seriously what the raptor were you thinking..

8 replies to this server topic

On 4/29/2019 at 8:00 PM, xHGxAJ said:

We tried about 10 different servers spending at least a day on all but even a week on some Trying to build up
On every single server groups of trolls on mana's go up and down the maps raping anyone and anything they find.

Now ill admit this sort of behavior has always been an issue the trolls were always there and they always will be their but why on gods good earth would you give them the efing mana?
Unless you have a mana which obviously most dont you die.. its as simple as that its near impossible to even deal with one but they dont come in 1's these raptorers roam in packs!

You have to do something about this crap its caused us to just quit official again.. and I know countless other people who have done the same and look im not trying to blow my own trumpet here but we are good at the game man... ide put myself against anyone in a ptere battle and ide have a good chance of winning but you cant do anything about a mana unless u have a damn mana..

Just do something about it please I dont care what anyone says they are a trolls best friend and the last thing Ark needs is anything that encorages toxic behavior seriously what the raptor were you thinking..

So you want them to be nerfed into the ground?

On 4/30/2019 at 11:00 PM, xHGxAJ said:

On 5/17/2019 at 4:12 PM, Aylana314159 said:

Instead of suggesting more nerfs. You should suggest a proper counter. 

I got 2 simple counters that would work great, but ill have to discuss more 1st.

1)  manas arnt op in the slightest.  I took a mana with 200% dmg, which is 1 point off from an average 150, and the only time it does ok dmg to decent(type) dinos is at point blank range.  Out of point blank it does increasingly smaller dmg.  Not point blank is very weak and by the time you hit lightning wyvern range its attack does 0 dmg.  Even with the power of a 150 it took me a full 1200 stam bar to kill an 80 kark.  Its freeze certainly isnt op either because on bigger dinos it lasts 3 whopping seconds and cant be reinflicted for about a minute.  On a 100+ kark it took 2 stam bars to kill it.  Nothing about its offense is op.  Mobility:  1000+ stam is usually pretty good for fliers, enough to get around at least.  My mana had 1000 stam and it can only take off and then burst once.  You have to perform lift or small movement which takes WAY to much stam to regain control before you can burst again. Your out before the 2nd burst.  Mobility is very weak because you get 1 shot then you have to rest half a minute for a sucky regen rate.  The only way the mana could become op is if its  been bred, but if its been bred then you have to compare it to other bred dinos.  Obviously anything bred is op to non bred dinos or small weak tribes.  Thats just a pvp fact.  Trying to join late on any pvp map with how toxic pvp is is a bad idea.  If you arnt the alpha your just loot for the alpha, pvp fact.  Joining late means your not the alpha.  Youd be getting took advantage and decimated regardless of manas or not.  Now take a bred mana and put it against a bred rex, you know an actual pvp situation instead of the simple small tribe looting, and youll notice that the rex unthaws very quickly and then physically dominates.  If you were to rely on  hit and run against a bred rex using the freeze effect, it would take you an hour to kill that rex, and lets not forget you have to be at point blank to even be getting anywhere when you consider the saddle.  Theres nothing op about the mana except situational op which anything against a beach bob has.

So even if your a solo or small tribe and you still just cant do anything against this quick but weak tame you wana know, is there a way to screw a mana over?  Well yes, theres 2.  Sadly, like with everything else, theres nothing to help a bob or low level tribe.  Lets be honest, your a bunch of masochists or just naive as **** if you really think you can just start up on an established server or 1 with connections to an established 1, with or without manas involved.  Now if your placed enough to get metal structure and all then keep a few of your turrets or plantx away from your border wall and close to your main structure.  Bullet sponges wont effect these because they stuck outside, so if the mana decides to jump in (especially if you got em set to attack the rider, because its the rider that makes manas dangerous) then it gets screwed over and your rex it was picking on has a feast.  BUT!  What if that isnt enough, what if they breach and soak up everything?  Then people, you need to play smart.  The 2nd way to screw a mana over has been in the game since before ragnarok.  You know em, you hate em, heck they piss you the **** off...The microraptor!  It can be launched at the rider with that same annoying missle animation as it employs against us in the wild.  Relatively easy tame with great destruction to the mana.  As i said before, manas are pretty worthless without their riders.  So you stun the rider and knock them of their mount.  Then that rex they were picking on chomps the rider and mana, gg mana.  Everything in ark can be countered, its just you have to prepare and use your head.  Tame and breed good tames early, long before you can saddle them.  Plan ahead, play smart.  Its pvp, a competition.  Its not op because they played smarter and got to the finish line before you.  If you weren't even there for the race, as in the run for alphship, then its not op because your late for the competition.  If your late then expect to be bent and had.  Without the mana they would pen in spawns and still ravage every bob.  Mana actually gives you a chance to flee into the woods and hide, because theyd pen you in otherwise.  If your building on the beach or in the open then your asking to be killed.

When a few plant y spams and a pocket Giga are all you need to deal with even the best bred and saddled Mana's, if you give them another nerf you may as well take them out of the game.

They add more lag to bases so I'm actually up voting anyway. If they nerf them enough, people will just shove them in cryo's hopefully.

they have already been nerfed to the point i don't tame, breed, or use them at all so further nerfs will not really affect my current usage.  That being said they probably shouldn't have been designed the way they were in the first place because they break every rule that wildcard themselves set in place for "rapid movement" on the map.  Most manas i have ever owned could run faster than i could load the environment.

Nerf Mana's

This has been brought up before, and I know not everyone will agree with this, but in a quick search I only found one post in the game suggestion thread and it was from April, so I'm brining it up again.  

Mana's should be nerfed (a second time).  Ark has like 75-80ish creatures you can ride, but the pvp game meta since Extinction came out has been just Mana's.  The first nerf did nothing to change this.  Here are my suggestions;

1) Remove Mana's saddles.  Neither Wyverns nor Griffins have saddles, the reason for this is in part because they are powerful, end game tames and the lack of a saddle, and thus the lack of a way to increase their armor/damage reduction, is to prevent them from getting overpowered.
2) Remove Mana's ability to breed.  Again, Wyverns and Griffins cannot be bread, and it is again to keep them from getting too overpowered.  What do we do with all the bread mana's and eggs on the servers already?  Leave the mana's, wipe the eggs.  Yes, this means that some peoples hard work on breading lines will be for naught.  And yes that means tribes who have already hatched a bunch of eggs will have an advantage over people who haven't, but they already have that advantage anyways so that doesn't really change anything.   Over time the imbalance  issue will work itself out as each mana killed will be one that can never be replaced.  It could also for a short time create an interesting economy where high level mana's will become increasingly valuable for trade.
3) Have the Mana's ice breath freeze only, but not do damage.  They have a strong bite, let them keep the status effect but no more laser sniping.  

While it may sound like trying to nerf them into the ground to the point of uselessness, the goal should be to make them viable end game mounts but not the ONLY end game mount, and if these nerfs do end up going to far they can always be buffed back up later.   If Wildcard has the data, I would be willing to bet that on Valguero is seeing much more variety in the mounts people are using then any of the other maps, and a number of the high profile unofficial servers (which I am defining basically as youtuber run servers) just flat out ban mana's.  

I look forward to your downvotes and declarations of war in the morning.  

Archived