Community Crunch 179: Eggcellent Adventure Ending, Social Roundup, and New Sponsored Mods!

StudioWildcard

Hey Survivors! Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch! :Jerbhi:

Eggcellent Adventure Ending!

large.EggcellentAdventure_Promo_1920x108

Eggcellent Adventure is ending tomorrow at 10AM PST!

It's your last opportunity to collect special "Bunny Eggs" across the ARK from wild Bunny Dodo's. Bunny Eggs can be painted or used in special Cooking Pot recipes to craft new holiday-themed item skins the Marshmallow Dodo Hat and Chocolate Bunny Club, as well as returning skins: Bunny Ears, a Bunny Costume for the Procoptodon, Knitted Chick Hat, and Egg Shell Hat. Bunny Oviraptor's also drop festive Dino Candy. Collect the candy and feed it to your tames for a special festive effect!

Be sure to tame up the last of the wild creatures roaming the ARKs that are sporting bright colours of Green, Magenta, Yellow, and Blue.

Egg Painting Contest!

large.Eggscellent.jpg.7c60ef0fa3a98f452b

It's your last change to enter our annual egg painting contest! Check out the details and submit your entries on the forums announcement linked below!

Social Roundup!

Image result for ark lasso

The Social Roundup is geared to showing you some of the social activity you might be otherwise missing. Here we will highlight some of the posts that happened on our various social platforms. Topics might range from existing bugs to questions about events or future content. 

ON SCORCHED EARTH ASCENSION

ON FORUM RANK

ON FORUM POLLS

ON CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPONSE TIME

ON PRIM+ SUPPLY DROPS

ON ARK MOBILE DEVELOPMENT

Game Suggestion Roundup!

Last week we introduced our new feedback section here on the forums. Here is a roundup of the current top suggestions, as well as some of our commentary on the topics for this week.  We'll comment on ideas that are trending or being upvoted but we are looking at everything internally.

PVE AND PVP BALANCE

We understand that PvE and PvP players experience the game in much different wasy. When designing features we look for ways to engage both audiences equally but there are times when changes may have unintended consequences for either mode. We currently offer many ways to customize ARK because we believe people should be able to experience ARK in their own way, but playing on our official network means that broader changes are made across the board. Being able to facilitate balance changes on an individual dino level is not a small undertaking. Going forward, we will keep both PvP and PvE balance in mind as we work on future content and are identifying ways to provide a unique and balanced experience for both.

IDEAS FOR NEW CONTENT / TLC

What a cool idea! There's so much more to explore in the ARK universe. We are excited about new content coming for ARK and look forward to sharing more information as the dust settles.  

WIPING OFFICIAL SERVERS

We try to avoid wipes at all cost. We realize our fans have poured many hours into their survivors and would hate for that progress to be thrown away. At the same time, we do understand the rush that players get from starting out fresh and building up. We have experimented with new game modes and different types of servers in the past and will continue to try new ideas. A widespread wipe is not something that's currently planned or being considered. If you're interested in playing on a format that wipes regularly, try out our ARKpocalypse servers! They wipe once a month.

Mod Community Updates!

We are happy to announce new additions to our Sponsored Mod Program roster on May 1st!

ARK Eternal
First up we have a mod that many have enjoyed for quite some time. ARK Eternal is a popular overhaul mod that adds new variations of creatures and ruffles the gameplay landscape of ARK, there is a lot to do in this mod and it greatly extends the progression of the game.

large.ARKEternal.jpg

ARK Settlements
ARK Settlements is an interesting mod that aims to add city management elements to ARK. It's still in early development but shows a lot of promise. Build settlements, gathering resources, and make the ARK feel a little more alive. We believe this mod will make a great addition for singleplayer and low population servers especially.

large.ArkSettlements.jpg

Dino Patrol
Dino Patrol is a mod we've seen before. This utility mod lets you set up patrol route and procedures for your creatures. At least one of us may have used this mod to set up a dimorphodon tornado. (Yes, it was awesome ?)

large.DinoPatrol.jpg

Evolution Event!

large.large.EvoEvent.png.eeb58694dd9d4cb

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from Friday the 3rd of May at 1 PM EST until Monday the 6th of May at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

• 2x Harvesting Rates
  • 2x Taming Rates
  • 2x EXP Rates

That's it for this post!

As always if you’ve got anything to share you can find us at:

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

All the best,
Studio Wildcard

View full article

2 hours ago, Jae12 said:

Hello, console is dying and I hate it. I love this game but I don’t have enough money to buy a pc. I believe that new servers are needed really bad, I’m not the only who thinks this. Just please I payed 60 bucks on this game just like every other pc player. 

Sorry mate I paid way less than that when I bought mine on sale.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jae12 said:

Hello, console is dying and I hate it. I love this game but I don’t have enough money to buy a pc. I believe that new servers are needed really bad, I’m not the only who thinks this. Just please I payed 60 bucks on this game just like every other pc player. 

It's total trash on Xbox. I'm so disappointed they haven't fixed it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jtmorris said:

So why is this still unplayable on Xbox? Just loaded up extinction sp for the first time since November. Still laggy, still unrendered garbage. Why hasn't this been fixed yet? Is this the dream? 

Yeah completely unplayable on Xbox. apart from that issues you mentioned there is also the gamebreaking issue of the game constantly crashing in SP on any map and that the game don't even save. If you touch the saveworld command that also results in a crash 90% of the time. Been like that for months now and all SP players on Xbox that I know have just quit the game completely. ( One X seems to not be affected by the saveworld issue )
They paid for a game that WC broken completely and don't want to ( or know how to ) fix. The game was in a better state during EA than it is now.

Edited by Wikus
  • Sad 1

Regarding the managarmrs and balance, I think the nerf was too much for both PvE and PvP

While I agree they seem OP for PvP because one person can do so much damage alone, we should take into account no one had built defenses with them in mind. Manas aren’t as hard to defend against as they may first seem, but the older/traditional defense measures are not effective. This is part of the game, and nature of survival. I feel that tribes didn’t spend enough time experimenting with different defense strategies for anyone to make an accurate assessment of where the mana’s effectiveness should stand. 

Let’s take into account that most of the complaints came from large established tribes that have developed bases that were secure against the traditional raids. Suddenly, with a new dino with new capabilities they were no longer secure and new vulnerabilities emerged, but wasn’t that the point? 

I believe the community is innovative and would discover better defense methods. We shouldn’t let large tribes that have grown lazy at coming up with new strategies and tactics cause a great new dino to become useless in PvE and PvP raids. This isn’t a new issue, from the introduction of wyvern and tames like Rock Elementals, players have complained of new dinos being too OP. These things tend to work themselves out when players are left to overcome new challenges. I feel that the mana nerf may have been a bit premature, and the “team” should consider giving the mana back some of its power. Otherwise, what use is it?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wikus said:

Yeah completely unplayable on Xbox. apart from that issues you mentioned there is also the gamebreaking issue of the game constantly crashing in SP on any map and that the game don't even save. If you touch the saveworld command that also results in a crash 90% of the time. Been like that for months now and all SP players on Xbox that I know have just quit the game completely. ( One X seems to not be affected by the saveworld issue )
They paid for a game that WC broken completely and don't want to ( or know how to ) fix. The game was in a better state during EA than it is now.

Would probably explain the influx of solo players to my cluster.

22 hours ago, Jae12 said:

Yes this is the worst, every time i try an start playing on a server people are incredibly annoying and it completely impossible. Also, i love scorched but lately i cant even play on my personal ark it crashes within 10 minutes and i have lost several mutated thylas from it.