How should I make my kibble farm in Scorched Earth

Sc00bee

I’ve recently gotten the Scorched Earth DLC of ARK, and I’m wondering what dinos I should use for each kibble (basic, simple, regular, superior and extraordinary). Since I am on Scorched Earth a lot of dinos that are on The Center, Ragnarok and The Island don’t exist on SC. If anyone knows which Dino I should use please help me, I’m looking for the fastest egg laying for each kibble. Thanks for your help.

10 hours ago, d1nk said:

Well technically ton is imperial and tonne is metric, you are right but that was part of the pun :P 

Tons sounds weird. Tons of vehickles of my ruuf

I do hate the English languages sometimes....

12 hours ago, Cymas said:

Supposedly they will accept a higher tier kibble for imprinting. I haven't tried yet so I can't speak from experience. If it works I'll just keep the two highest tiers of kibble, less of a resource drain and well most people have a billion rexes for bosses anyway.

If this is the case, I dont know how to feel about this.

I think it's fine, personally. Everyone complained about having to keep massive kibble farms, so the devs reworked the system to make it so you basically don't. Now I read some people don't like that you don't need a kibble farm...I think it's awesome. You can choose if you want to keep animals for each type or not. Lower tier kibbles are much cheaper so if you're low or mid tier in game you'd want to keep your farm animals. But once you get to the endgame stage and can afford the resources, just keep the top tier kibble animals if you want. It's a great system. I personally hate keeping tons of random animals around for eggs, clutters up the base.

The main complaint most people seem to have is that now some animals don't have a use. That's poor game design more than anything. Besides, does it matter if you "have" to tame something or not if you don't actively want the animal? There are fans of every species in the game, people who tame them for fun or to collect them. I'd rather those tame slots be taken up by people who will appreciate them, not just begrudgingly keep them in a barn to endlessly poop out eggs. I'd wager that almost everyone has a favorite "useless" tame that they have because they like the animal and choose to have them. Much better than having all these cookie cutter bases with the same giant egg barn taking up hundreds of slots of the tame cap each because no one wants to share or waste their own tame slots for the sake of the community. It makes for a much cleaner, more streamlined experience.

16 minutes ago, Cymas said:

I think it's fine, personally. Everyone complained about having to keep massive kibble farms, so the devs reworked the system to make it so you basically don't. Now I read some people don't like that you don't need a kibble farm...I think it's awesome. You can choose if you want to keep animals for each type or not. Lower tier kibbles are much cheaper so if you're low or mid tier in game you'd want to keep your farm animals. But once you get to the endgame stage and can afford the resources, just keep the top tier kibble animals if you want. It's a great system. I personally hate keeping tons of random animals around for eggs, clutters up the base.

Fair point, its the beauty of the  sandbox game I guess. I just feel conflicted over it, but overall I like this, just need to test if its the case.

22 minutes ago, Cymas said:

The main complaint most people seem to have is that now some animals don't have a use. That's poor game design more than anything. Besides, does it matter if you "have" to tame something or not if you don't actively want the animal? There are fans of every species in the game, people who tame them for fun or to collect them. I'd rather those tame slots be taken up by people who will appreciate them, not just begrudgingly keep them in a barn to endlessly poop out eggs. I'd wager that almost everyone has a favorite "useless" tame that they have because they like the animal and choose to have them. Much better than having all these cookie cutter bases with the same giant egg barn taking up hundreds of slots of the tame cap each because no one wants to share or waste their own tame slots for the sake of the community. It makes for a much cleaner, more streamlined experience.

I agree. I like to think of the 'useless' dinos or tames as 'filller', especially the wild creatures. Not essential to gameplay but adds to the idea of a wider ecosystem which adds to the overall experience of the game. Not all creatures have to be useful or the best at an activity. As you say, I like the options this presents.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived