Raising baby Gacha

Reno00

Hey everyone!

I've been trying to raise baby Gachas for a while now but they keep staving to death. Ill list all the methods I read around and tried let me know what im doing wrong! :)

1- Let them wandering around their mother without feeding the baby or the mother.

2- Let them wandering around their mother without feeding the baby but feeding the mother.  

3- Let them wander without the mother without feeding away from their mother.

4- Feeding them directly  ( Raw meat, Berries )

Note:

- They kept dying when I went away from my base. ( I realized that I had to stay around until a period and they can be by them self but they still died when I left them at 43% )

- Some I used the same method but they died while they were baby even though I had some grow to juv.

It just doesn't make sense, driving me crazy. Any have raised these and know what exactly works? Thanks!!

You absolutely cannot leave render distance until they are probably around 20 or 50% grown.  Gacha babies will stop eating as soon as you leave render and sometimes will stop eating in render so here's a few tips for ya.

Keep a snow owl nearby to freeze-heal your gachas, not only will this keep them from dieing if they fail to eat, but it sometimes convinces them to actually start eating.

Try giving them snow owl pellets, though be prepared to lose all of the food you gave them shortly after as this seems to make them constantly try to eat.  This may have been patched out recently though.

Other than that, just put them in cryo if you need to go do something.  Don't worry about giving them cryo sickness as they will still eat while unconscious.  It will take a long time to get them high enough to survive on their own, but I can guarantee that after 50% they will be fine as long as they have food on them even out of render range.

8 hours ago, Reno00 said:

4- Feeding them directly  ( Raw meat, Berries )

i checked the wiki for their preferred foods:

Preferred Food[edit | edit source]

Moving

When moving, Gachas prefer Berries.png Berries than Raw Meat.png Meat, they don't eat Stone.png Stone while moving, so watch their food meter when traveling long distances and supply it manually with Berries, which Gachas don't harvest, or Meat.

Static

When static, they eat everything and prefer a combination of Stone.png Stone or crafted items and Snow Owl Pellet (Extinction).png Snow Owl Pellet Extinction Icon.png

Also Element.png Element, all sorts of crafted items, Element Ore (Aberration).png Element Ore, ammunition, as well as resources like Metal.png Metal, Stone.png Stone, Flint.png Flint, Wood.png Wood and others are accepted. This list is ordered by effectiveness. Additionally, all sorts of Raw Meat.png Meat, Berries.png Berries, and Dino Egg.png Eggs have a very low effectiveness.

Guest EnergyDrink

i have raised over 20-30 gachas.

Plan:
Put a fenced of room next to your feeding troughs.
Feeding throughs must have food in them. (babies will not eat the food, but it must be there)
Put baby gacha into the room near the feeding throughs, and stay online and in render zone all the time until 10%.
After 10%, everything is the same, just you dont need to be online or in render zones.
Gachas must grow up to 100% in that room near full throughs of food.
They will never eating anything, but it must be there.

Super stupid system, but it works 100%.... Ofcourse, since Wildcard server are super unstable, there is a high chance that you will lose the baby gachas cause you will crash or get DC.

alright! just some questions..

Should I leave them wondering?

what type food to put in troughs?

will 5 regular troughs be enough full of food?

Thanks!

16 hours ago, TheBlastMage said:

You absolutely cannot leave render distance until they are probably around 20 or 50% grown.  Gacha babies will stop eating as soon as you leave render and sometimes will stop eating in render so here's a few tips for ya.

Keep a snow owl nearby to freeze-heal your gachas, not only will this keep them from dieing if they fail to eat, but it sometimes convinces them to actually start eating.

Try giving them snow owl pellets, though be prepared to lose all of the food you gave them shortly after as this seems to make them constantly try to eat.  This may have been patched out recently though.

Other than that, just put them in cryo if you need to go do something.  Don't worry about giving them cryo sickness as they will still eat while unconscious.  It will take a long time to get them high enough to survive on their own, but I can guarantee that after 50% they will be fine as long as they have food on them even out of render range.

16 hours ago, TheBlastMage said:

I happened to leave one at 43% and died when I went to farm meat, and gachas are around snow owls so they are picking the pellets by them self. Also, had one in crypod and took him out with the sickness and died before he woke up lol was sad to see I was gonna use snow owl to heal it but though of it late

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

i get a wyvern full of raw meat, throw it out in front of baby gacha and let/make sure the baby pick it up, then go get some more meat. eventually you over resource and have enough for cooking and storing, if you have 2 flyers, fill one use other for replen. takes a while but your busy and actually doing stuff plus mine has stayed alive this time.... lol

Gachas need to be rendered, that's pretty much it. Everything else is more of an urban legend, some tricks work, some don't. Only way to be sure is testing it yourself.

How it works for me:

You don't need to feed it.

I don't know if mother should be in vicinity or even on same map, mine is nearby, though other people reported they had no adult gachas around and baby still was getting food.

They don't need wandering, mine are standing motionless the whole time.

After reaching 10% gachas will eat from troughs, and they will empty your troughs faster than you can gather berries or meat. If you still want to try it - go ahead, but just in case, pod your other babies that are feeding from same troughs, because if I'm right - they will all starve.

Only adults will consume pellets, it does nothing for babies. Babies will eat eggs though, while adults won't. I stored excessive eggs in troughs and had few stacks of rex and yuty eggs just laying there for weeks right next to 2 adult gachas, but when I raised 3 juves all those eggs were gone in few hours.

I've heard there is a cooldown between pickup animation and eating, so if your growing gacha is starring into few other dino's buttholes it might get caught in infinite loop of picking up crap and starve. Didn't check for myself. But still trying to place my youngsters away from any poopers. Even inventory full of poop won't save your gacha if you leave it in stasis, but maybe can kill it. I choose not to risk it.

It's not the stasis itself that kills your gacha, but low food stat. I had few babies of typical low level dust clone and decent level dad. Then I brainfarted and decided to do a boss quickie when gachas was juve and adols. Was in boss arena for maybe 3-5 min and half of gachas starved. It didn't matter what maturation stage they were at, but all survivors had higher food stat from dad. So in theory if you get gacha with 50 points in food you might be able to leave it in stasis for a couple of minutes, though I would advice against it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
13 hours ago, lordzeus said:

yeah ive put in alot of equipment into the baby gacha and it feeds it self for awhile when there is no more equipment in the baby gacha inventory.
ive watched the food bar increase several times after the inventory is empty 

That would happen even if the other guy was right...

On 12/6/2019 at 8:24 AM, deedoubleu said:

Gachas need to be rendered, that's pretty much it. Everything else is more of an urban legend, some tricks work, some don't. Only way to be sure is testing it yourself.

^^^this is probably the most important post here. I tested it myself and podded the babies I got and put them down hill in an empty base that would still be in render of my base. That is ALL I did for them. Fully expected them to starve, but they kept on growing. (till I forgot them and left render, then they starved)

Archived