Does wildcard hate fan content?

jamescoolcrafter15

Guest BubbaCrawfish
2 minutes ago, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

You don't read the full post. I listed several examples. One thing is I'm not 100% on the melee stats because I wasn't the one found that out. I recommend you also read the primitive plus section. He's not allowed to work on his map anymore, that's why those stuff weren't added.

And all I called you out upon is the 14 hours per day for 3 months that you put up in your first post that you couldn't admit that fail, and yet you bring in all these other 'points' to bolster your post, rather than addressing that ONE point that I pointed out to you that was inaccurate.

You're trying to divert the point rather than address it... You finally address it after 6 replies, and even then you still won't admit that there's a big difference between 14 hours per day for 3 months, cvompared to 10-14, per 6-7 days, for 3 months...

There's a drastic difference in this....

And the reason I say this, is because you are part of a group who are trying to make a map, and I'm trying to save you from having unreal expectations of workload and capability, rather than simply burning out like most new modders do...

You all have an unreal expectation of workload, and capability...

1 hour ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

And all I called you out upon is the 14 hours per day for 3 months that you put up in your first post that you couldn't admit that fail, and yet you bring in all these other 'points' to bolster your post, rather than addressing that ONE point that I pointed out to you that was inaccurate.

You're trying to divert the point rather than address it... You finally address it after 6 replies, and even then you still won't admit that there's a big difference between 14 hours per day for 3 months, cvompared to 10-14, per 6-7 days, for 3 months...

There's a drastic difference in this....

And the reason I say this, is because you are part of a group who are trying to make a map, and I'm trying to save you from having unreal expectations of workload and capability, rather than simply burning out like most new modders do...

You all have an unreal expectation of workload, and capability...

I didn't point out other things because I'm refusing to address the first point, I'm putting in other things because if I only had 1 point people would ask for more points. I've also edited the original post to say 10-14 and 6-7.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
Just now, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

I didn't point out other things because I'm refusing to address the first point, I'm putting in other things because if I only had 1 point people would ask for more points.

No-one has been trying to point out your other points...

You're diverting from the point that I made about your time inaccuracies... Hell, it took you long enough to put up timestamps, and of the 6 timestamps you put up, only one of them was actually the one that was wanted... The rest were all beside the point.

No-one has been trying to point out your other points...

You're diverting from the point that I made about your time inaccuracies... Hell, it took you long enough to put up timestamps, and of the 6 timestamps you put up, only one of them was actually the one that was wanted... The rest were all beside the point.

It's not that I was being lazy with the time stamps, it that I had to watch the entire video again to find them. I edited the original post to say 10-14 and 6-7, it's not that I'm not addressing that point, it's that you don't see the others.

And that still doesn't make any of this whole spamming and avoiding the point for so long, any better... If you would have acknowledged that for all that time, Mr Mod wouldn't be turning up into this thread to make jokes and try be a funny guy.........

Seriously......

I wasn't avoiding the post, I was giving proof for my original claim. And it seems even though I have acknowledged it, you're still not happy.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 minute ago, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

I wasn't avoiding the post, I was giving proof for my original claim. And it seems even though I have acknowledged it, you're still not happy.

And as I said all along, I said that to make sure you don't get any false senses of acceptable working times, and end up overworking yourselves, and panicing as to not doing anything as fast as you think that you should.

The best part about this was that you posted this yesterday multiple times by the look and were complaining that the threads were being removed... Yet you kept posting them....

And I said POINT, not POST.... The POINT that I've been trying to get through to you about the work times that you would NEVER be able to maintain....

There is no way you'd be able to maintain working on something for 14 hours each day for 3 months.... It's IMPOSSIBLE...........

On 4/29/2019 at 12:57 AM, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

Wildcard brought in The Center to there game because a lot of the fans were moving to unofficial maps like Valhalla. Things like element are harder to get, resources are more scarce, and caves are harder to get artifacts from. They hired the owner of The Center because all of there fans were moving to unofficial maps. Element payout from bosses also is 25% less then that of The Island, despite The Center having double boss arenas.

Maybe I am missreading but are you refering to the center when saying resources are harder to get and caves are harder ? Its almost as if The Center is considered as an endgame map. Cant speak for the element or resources, but the caves should be difficult on the end game map. Also the level distribution of wild creatures on the Center (and also Ragnarok) is a factor of the maps being considered endgame. Element payout is disgusting on all maps at vanilla rates anyway so I really wouldnt use this as an arguement. With a properly configured server it doesnt matter.

The owner of The Center once tweeted that he thinks the map is finished. This is quite obviously bull told by Wildcard. In an interview, he said things about a dessert area and floating island over the edge of the world.

While Ragnarok got unique creatures, new map mechanics and mini-bosses, The Center didn't get any unique features. Although maybe not as much, Wildcard still hates Ragnarok as well, and now they have to deal with most of there console fans playing Ragnarok, which possibly gets them upset. Ragnarok was a sequal to Valhalla that Wildcard adopted into Ragnarok. Both map owners can only work on there own, unpaid times.

Plans can and do change. Which is disappointing as it would nice to see the center get some love, even if it was just the addition of griffin spawns for example. The map is technically finished but what could be added to the Center is a whole different topic.

Honestly I dont buy this everyone playing Ragnarok upsets the devs... why'd they introduce it then. I honestly would put the Center vs Ragnarok mechanic differences down to age of the map or even down to the differences in size of mod team. Also I thought Valhalla had some fatal flaw in it and thats why the modders started Rag.

The melee stats of bred creatures on The Center and Ragnarok are far lower then that of The Island. Redditor LaytonNotyal claims he has been breeding thousands of creatures across The Center, Ragnarok, and The Island, and while The Island had the max at 440, Rag and The Center's were 388. When Jen said she had put higher on Aberration creatures, it became obvious that there were map specific stat caps.

Again, going to need sauce for this claim. While I do not have the best understanding of some of the mechanics, my basic understanding of how leveling, taming and breeding works suggests this claim is false. Again the Aberration comparison is not a valid one as it is not a map stat cap but overall stat disferences between vanilla  and abberant creatures.

Also to the overall theme. Does WC hate fan content ? Umm the sponsored mod programme ? Seems a bit silly if the company hates fan content.

On 4/28/2019 at 5:57 PM, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

Wildcard brought in The Center to there game because a lot of the fans were moving to unofficial maps like Valhalla. Things like element are harder to get, resources are more scarce, and caves are harder to get artifacts from. They hired the owner of The Center because all of there fans were moving to unofficial maps. Element payout from bosses also is 25% less then that of The Island, despite The Center having double boss arenas.

While Ragnarok got unique creatures, new map mechanics and mini-bosses, The Center didn't get any unique features. Although maybe not as much, Wildcard still hates Ragnarok as well, and now they have to deal with most of there console fans playing Ragnarok, which possibly gets them upset. Ragnarok was a sequal to Valhalla that Wildcard adopted into Ragnarok. Both map owners can only work on there own, unpaid times.

The melee stats of bred creatures on The Center and Ragnarok are far lower then that of The Island. Redditor LaytonNotyal claims he has been breeding thousands of creatures across The Center, Ragnarok, and The Island, and while The Island had the max at 440, Rag and The Center's were 388. When Jen said she had put higher on Aberration creatures, it became obvious that there were map specific stat caps.

These three paragraphs are really the only thing I personally will respond to:  The rest is rife with opinion and whether I agree or disagree, you are welcome to your opinion.

Element is "harder to get" only because the bosses give less per kill.  Bosses are also toned down on the Center because you fight two at a time.  On Ragnarok they are full copies of their Island/SE counterparts and so are not toned down, thus award more Element.

If by saying Ragnarok "got unique creatures," you mean to say that the developers of the Ragnarok map did the legwork to make extra creatures, you are correct.  I am not downplaying the effort put into the Center:  It is a phenomenal map.  But that was what the map developer made:  A Map.  Look at Crystal Isles, another fun mod-map.  Liquefied Dinos, Crystal Wyverns and Griffins, and Undead Wyverns.  Isolde did the legwork to include them in the mod package that is the Crystal Isles, same as Ragnarok and the Ice Wyvern/Griffin.  The developer of the Center to the best of my knowledge never considered this, and was just working on making an alternative for the Island with better spawns.

I am with @AngrySaltire on the third paragraph:  I'd love to see supporting citation/evidence of this claim, as well as general clarification of what you mean.  Melee stats of bred creatures...  The spawners for the Center reference the dinos from the Island.  The map folder has no unique dino information, so I suppose while a limitation is possible, it isn't likely unless you can find a source for that.  440 VS 388?  388 what, melee damage percent?  "When Jen said she had put higher on Aberration creatures:"  Higher what?  Higher cap on specifically melee damage?  "Map specific stat caps:"  What stat (or stats) and what is the cap?  All of that needs clarification, because its just a jumble of words.  A citation from Jen, or from this Layton guy on Reddit, either would be grand.  As far as I know, the spawners just call the same PrimalEarth data-set from the base-gamefiles and spawn based off of that.  Please explain this all better, and/or provide citation, because this would be crazy if true!

11 hours ago, TheDonn said:

These three paragraphs are really the only thing I personally will respond to:  The rest is rife with opinion and whether I agree or disagree, you are welcome to your opinion.

Element is "harder to get" only because the bosses give less per kill.  Bosses are also toned down on the Center because you fight two at a time.  On Ragnarok they are full copies of their Island/SE counterparts and so are not toned down, thus award more Element.

If by saying Ragnarok "got unique creatures," you mean to say that the developers of the Ragnarok map did the legwork to make extra creatures, you are correct.  I am not downplaying the effort put into the Center:  It is a phenomenal map.  But that was what the map developer made:  A Map.  Look at Crystal Isles, another fun mod-map.  Liquefied Dinos, Crystal Wyverns and Griffins, and Undead Wyverns.  Isolde did the legwork to include them in the mod package that is the Crystal Isles, same as Ragnarok and the Ice Wyvern/Griffin.  The developer of the Center to the best of my knowledge never considered this, and was just working on making an alternative for the Island with better spawns.

I am with @AngrySaltire on the third paragraph:  I'd love to see supporting citation/evidence of this claim, as well as general clarification of what you mean.  Melee stats of bred creatures...  The spawners for the Center reference the dinos from the Island.  The map folder has no unique dino information, so I suppose while a limitation is possible, it isn't likely unless you can find a source for that.  440 VS 388?  388 what, melee damage percent?  "When Jen said she had put higher on Aberration creatures:"  Higher what?  Higher cap on specifically melee damage?  "Map specific stat caps:"  What stat (or stats) and what is the cap?  All of that needs clarification, because its just a jumble of words.  A citation from Jen, or from this Layton guy on Reddit, either would be grand.  As far as I know, the spawners just call the same PrimalEarth data-set from the base-gamefiles and spawn based off of that.  Please explain this all better, and/or provide citation, because this would be crazy if true!

I deleted the melee part and and added a little somthign at the bottom.

12 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Maybe I am missreading but are you refering to the center when saying resources are harder to get and caves are harder ? Its almost as if The Center is considered as an endgame map. Cant speak for the element or resources, but the caves should be difficult on the end game map. Also the level distribution of wild creatures on the Center (and also Ragnarok) is a factor of the maps being considered endgame. Element payout is disgusting on all maps at vanilla rates anyway so I really wouldnt use this as an arguement. With a properly configured server it doesnt matter.

Plans can and do change. Which is disappointing as it would nice to see the center get some love, even if it was just the addition of griffin spawns for example. The map is technically finished but what could be added to the Center is a whole different topic.

Honestly I dont buy this everyone playing Ragnarok upsets the devs... why'd they introduce it then. I honestly would put the Center vs Ragnarok mechanic differences down to age of the map or even down to the differences in size of mod team. Also I thought Valhalla had some fatal flaw in it and thats why the modders started Rag.

Again, going to need sauce for this claim. While I do not have the best understanding of some of the mechanics, my basic understanding of how leveling, taming and breeding works suggests this claim is false. Again the Aberration comparison is not a valid one as it is not a map stat cap but overall stat disferences between vanilla  and abberant creatures.

Also to the overall theme. Does WC hate fan content ? Umm the sponsored mod programme ? Seems a bit silly if the company hates fan content.

I messaged the guy on reddit and got this.

"It took a very long time. The short way to check it is to spawn in whichever dino you wish to experiment with on Center. Use the dotame command, and check. Then repeat, hundreds of times. Then, go to the Island map, and do the same. I have 16000 hours on Ark Official. Well over 1K high level mosas tamed across Island, center, and Rag. Before the devs nerfed Rag, it was putting out good stats. Then, stats stopped appearing. There is no easy way to do this. Server stats are hidden from users. One week ago, on Center, I koed a 34 point pretame 150 mosa in melee. It was 42 post tame. Something is blocking getting good melee on Center."

39 minutes ago, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

I deleted the melee part and and added a little somthign at the bottom.

Well, not to get too meta-conversational...  But do you keep up with what WildCard does?  The Sponsored Mod program has been around for a while, and they -JUST- integrated parts of orionsun's Structures Plus mod into the game.  Making such a wild, generalized claim about corruption and hating user-content, and then having it immediately cut to ribbons by forum-posters just makes it seem like you didn't do any research and just wanted shock-value attention.  I mean, I get it.  Plenty of poop in this game will push you to thinking that WC doesn't care...  But when you look a little closely at the game, its pretty evident that they do.

2 minutes ago, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

I messaged the guy on reddit and got this.

"It took a very long time. The short way to check it is to spawn in whichever dino you wish to experiment with on Center. Use the dotame command, and check. Then repeat, hundreds of times. Then, go to the Island map, and do the same. I have 16000 hours on Ark Official. Well over 1K high level mosas tamed across Island, center, and Rag. Before the devs nerfed Rag, it was putting out good stats. Then, stats stopped appearing. There is no easy way to do this. Server stats are hidden from users. One week ago, on Center, I koed a 34 point pretame 150 mosa in melee. It was 42 post tame. Something is blocking getting good melee on Center."

That is literally RNG.  We have all seen that happen, I know I have on Rag, Island, SE, Ab, and Ext now.  27 pts pretame comes out 32 post, on a perfect 150.  I'm calling shenanigans on this, as someone who has gotten several 50+ point stats on Ragnarok.

Archived