Does wildcard hate fan content?

jamescoolcrafter15

I'm starting to think wildcard is more corrupt then meets the eye. Below I'm showing reasoning on why Wildcard hates fan content, mainly starting with The Center and Ragnarok.

Wildcard brought in The Center to there game because a lot of the fans were moving to unofficial maps like Valhalla. Things like element are harder to get, resources are more scarce, and caves are harder to get artifacts from. They hired the owner of The Center because all of there fans were moving to unofficial maps. Element payout from bosses also is 25% less then that of The Island, despite The Center having double boss arenas.

The owner of The Center once tweeted that he thinks the map is finished. This is quite obviously bull told by Wildcard. In an interview, he said things about a dessert area and floating island over the edge of the world.

While Ragnarok got unique creatures, new map mechanics and mini-bosses, The Center didn't get any unique features. Although maybe not as much, Wildcard still hates Ragnarok as well, and now they have to deal with most of there console fans playing Ragnarok, which possibly gets them upset. Ragnarok was a sequal to Valhalla that Wildcard adopted into Ragnarok. Both map owners can only work on there own, unpaid times.

When The Center came out, The Island was the only other map and looked lazy compared to The Center. The Center was made by one guy who spent 10-14 hours a day, 6-7 days a week for 3 months working on his map, and The Island was made by a team of people and didn't come close to the natural beauty The Center had. The Center even has custom models, such as the shaders and waterfalls which many maps to this day use. Wildcard may also be mad about the fact that the owner of The Center said that he wanted his caves to be nothing like that of The Island's. At the time it was made, The Center also performed better FPS and memory wise. May I remind you The Center was made by one guy.

Ark also steals things from Primitive Plus. The fire arrows and oil jars in Scorched Earth clearly gained "inspiration" best put, even though the icon for the fire arrows in the inventory was taken right from Primitive Plus, and the oil jars are clearly just re-textures sticky grenades. They also have basically abandoned Primitive Plus, just like The Center and Ragnarok.

Edit: Now when Ragnarok and The Center were released, I do think wildcard was a bit bias. Now that they added voting to the forums, and they already have a Sponsored Mod Program, I do agree they aren't as corrupt as I thought. I was a little bias myself when first making this. I deleted an entire section about the melee levels because the person I got the info from could have easily been lying. Sorry for the trouble, guys. And I would like to apologize to Wildcard. 

11 hours ago, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

The melee stats of bred creatures on The Center and Ragnarok are far lower then that of The Island. Redditor LaytonNotyal claims he has been breeding thousands of creatures across The Center, Ragnarok, and The Island, and while The Island had the max at 440, Rag and The Center's were 388. When Jen said she had put higher on Aberration creatures, it became obvious that there were map specific stat caps.

Am going to need sauce to go with this claim.

Also to my knowledge the fact that aberant creatures have lower HP and higher melee stats to their vanilla counterparts is not as a result of map specific stat caps but as a result of aberrant creatures for all intents and purposes being completely different creatures to their vanilla counterparts.

1 hour ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Double posting for this too... Where do you find this from? I don't think you have any actual source for this, as 14 hours a day for 3 months, would mean you aren't working, and that every waking moment you are literally making the map, which isn't how it goes at all.

This is the link where he says it took 3 months.

Look at the description of that video, he says it took 3 months.

This below video is the interview. I doubt the map is complete, because at one point he even says he's barley scratched the surface of what he could do with the ruins, when they haven't changed since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvz3B7jcCkQ

Guest BubbaCrawfish
3 minutes ago, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

Look at the description of that video, he says it took 3 months.

But that doesn't say that he took 14 hours per day constantly to make it...

I'm just mentioning this so you don't get the wrong idea about how to create, and what it takes to create a map in your guys project.

Even if they turn around and say they spent 14 hours on one day, doesn't mean they did it day in day out like you seem to be implying.

But that doesn't say that he took 14 hours per day constantly to make it...

I'm just mentioning this so you don't get the wrong idea about how to create, and what it takes to create a map in your guys project.

Even if they turn around and say they spent 14 hours on one day, doesn't mean they did it day in day out like you seem to be implying.

It seems you didn't watch the interview. Go back and watch it, catch everything he said.It is 43 minutes long. He says in one part about working 10 to 14 hours a day 6-7 days a week, and the showcase video says in the description that it took 3 months to complete. Go back and watch the interview before you tell me he didn't say that.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 minute ago, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

He says in one part about working 10 to 14 hours a day 6-7 days a week

Then you saying 14 hours per day for 3 months is actually incorrect and distorting the truth....

What you've now shown, reinforces what I said. Even if they do say that one day they spend 14 hours, and that it took 3 months to create, doesn't mean they've done that day in day out for the entire 3 months...

Seriously come on.... Think about this sort of thing... You're making out that they're spending a WHOLE HEAP more time than what they are... AKA you're distorting the facts.

Then you saying 14 hours per day for 3 months is actually incorrect and distorting the truth....

What you've now shown, reinforces what I said. Even if they do say that one day they spend 14 hours, and that it took 3 months to create, doesn't mean they've done that day in day out for the entire 3 months...

Seriously come on.... Think about this sort of thing... You're making out that they're spending a WHOLE HEAP more time than what they are... AKA you're distorting the facts.

It's a 40 minute video, I'm watching at the moment and I'm not deaf, so I can easily hear what he's saying. Do you think I'm lying. Go watch the video and then come back, It hasn't been 40 minutes since I put up the link, you're the one lying.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
9 minutes ago, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

He says in one part about working 10 to 14 hours a day 6-7 days a week, and the showcase video says in the description that it took 3 months to complete.

23 hours ago, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

The Center was made by one guy who spent 14 hours a day, everyday for 3 months working on his map

Do you not actually understand what you're saying, because you're contradicting yourself in these 2 statements... I don't need to go look at the video when I knew you were making assumptions in the first instance.

There's a real reason why I mentioned in your project topic about being involved in projects... You cannot actually work for 14 hours straight day after day for 3 months and keep productivity up... It's PHYSICALLY and MENTALLY impossible...

Do you not actually understand what you're saying, because you're contradicting yourself in these 2 statements... I don't need to go look at the video when I knew you were making assumptions in the first instance.

I'm honestly not lying. Can you at least watch the video before you try to put a valid argument. Here, I'll even put up the video, come back in 40 minutes when it's over.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
7 minutes ago, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

I'm honestly not lying. Can you at least watch the video before you try to put a valid argument. Here, I'll even put up the video, come back in 40 minutes when it's over.

Your comments contradict each other.

It's quite plain to see that 14 hours per day for 3 months doesn't equal 10-14 hours per 6-7 days for 3 months...

And I'm not going to watch a near hour long 2 year old video to find something that you should be providing at least a time stamp to back up what YOU'RE saying when you've been called out on it...

(It's highly likely that I've watched most of them long ago, and I'm not going to revisit such a trivial and non-edited video, to find a 2 minute soundbite, in that long a video when you yourself, have shown that what you put in your post was factually incorrect.)

Your comments contradict each other.

It's quite plain to see that 14 hours per day for 3 months doesn't equal 10-14 hours per 6-7 days for 3 months...

I doubt you've watched the video in 5 minutes.  You asked where my proof was from, I gave it, and now that you have it you aren't looking at it.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
Just now, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

I doubt you've watched the video in 5 minutes.  You asked where my proof was from, I gave it, and now that you have it you aren't looking at it.

It's a 2 year old video, what says I didn't watch it long ago when it was actually 'new'...

It's a 2 year old video, what says I didn't watch it long ago when it was actually 'new'...

Ok, I see you want the times huh.

5:47 is when he says he doesn't want his caves to be like The Island.

6:40 he says he would add a dessert biome if Wildcard added one to there map. Scorched Earth came out and The Center still doesn't have a dessert biome.

10:40 he says he would be willing to add another floating island.

15:05 he says how long he's been working on the map.

Ok, I see you want the times huh.

5:47 is when he says he doesn't want his caves to be like The Island.

6:40 he says he would add a dessert biome if Wildcard added one to there map. Scorched Earth came out and The Center still doesn't have a dessert biome.

10:40 he says he would be willing to add another floating island.

I've mentioned all of these things in my post. The "fps and memory wise" are in the description of the other video.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
4 minutes ago, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

And again, it's not the 14 hours per day for 3 months that you put out that it was... 10-14 hours, 6-7 days per week for 3 months...

I don't know why you threw in all of the other timestamps, as what was important was you backing up your statement that you were called out on... None of the other things you put forth are relevant to your point at all.

And again, it's not the 14 hours per day for 3 months that you put out that it was... 10-14 hours, 6-7 days per week for 3 months...

Ok, although I did tell you that at one point (10-14 hours, 6-7 days), I do agree that I should have put 10-14 instead of just 14 in the original post.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 minute ago, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

Ok, although I did tell you that at one point (10-14 hours, 6-7 days), I do agree that I should have put 10-14 instead of just 14 in the original post.

Even then you HAVE to mention the 6-7 days as well... lol...

And you do realize that the map they are on, isn't like what it is currently, and that the map has been released... Like, he even I think got paid for it...

So your whole post is off-point in many ways.

Have you even played on the Center at all?

Even then you HAVE to mention the 6-7 days as well... lol...

And you do realize that the map they are on, isn't like what it is currently, and that the map has been released... Like, he even I think got paid for it...

So your whole post is off-point in many ways.

Have you even played on the Center at all?

Have you, if I recall correctly (I play The Center more then any other map) there is no dessert area or floating island above the edge of the world.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
4 minutes ago, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

Have you, if I recall correctly (I play The Center more then any other map) there is no dessert area or floating island above the edge of the world.

I played it solidly for over a year... Just because what the dev wanted to add, wasn't added doesn't mean anything at all in terms of wildcard not liking fan content lol...

You draw some serious assumptions in this.

I played it solidly for over a year... Just because what the dev wanted to add, wasn't added doesn't mean anything at all in terms of wildcard not liking fan content lol...

You draw some serious assumptions in this.

You don't read the full post. I listed several examples. One thing is I'm not 100% on the melee stats because I wasn't the one found that out. I recommend you also read the primitive plus section. He's not allowed to work on his map anymore, that's why those stuff weren't added.

Archived