where to find alpha mosasaurus?

cyrax76

So i reached a level where is simply can't find any black pearls on the island. All water scorpions are dead and won't respawn, even when i used the destroy all wild dinos command to force respawn the creatures. Trilobites respawn but only 1 out of 5 drops black pearls which is an innefective way to farm. So the best way is to kill alpha mosasaurus, because it drops 100 black pearls. The problem is, i can't find any alpha mosasaurus

1 hour ago, cyrax76 said:

So i reached a level where is simply can't find any black pearls on the island. All water scorpions are dead and won't respawn, even when i used the destroy all wild dinos command to force respawn the creatures. Trilobites respawn but only 1 out of 5 drops black pearls which is an innefective way to farm. So the best way is to kill alpha mosasaurus, because it drops 100 black pearls. The problem is, i can't find any alpha mosasaurus

To be honest the underwater caves turned out to  be the best way to find them.  each time i went into a cave it had atleast one in there.  They spawn near the edges of the map in deep water so i would say just tame a pack of megolos or a few squids and do laps till you find one , hitting the caves each time you pass by

1 hour ago, cyrax76 said:

Hard water cave (I think?) Has a bit thats real shallow and mosas spawn here. Kill them, leave render and come back. Rinse repeat until you find alphas

Definitely check the hard water cave.. On my SP island game, my hard water cave is packed full of mosas and alpha mosas. Literally, last count was 35 mosas, and 14 alphas.

However, when i first got tek tier and needed black pearls, i cryo'd my basi up and transferred to rag. I tried viking bay, because there's supposed to be lots of sea scorps, but i didn't see that many. So i ended up finding "squid" alley. around 45 lat, 0-10 long.  Tons of squids here (at least on my map). I spent a couple of hours here killing squids and the occasional alpha squid and walked away with 500-600 black pearls.

Archived