I apologise if this is in the wrong section. I have a question that deals with some technical aspects of Ark, and I'm no tekkie. I play Ark on my Xb1 and would like to enjoy playing with my younger brother WITHOUT the darn host tether. I understand the tether is there to keep the game performance optimal, but the tether should be player's choice, in my opinion. Anyway, back to my question.... My laptop, according to CanIRunIt or w/e the website is, doesn't meet the minimum requirements to run Ark (core game). However, would I be able to put ARK on my laptop just for the purpose of using it as a dedicated server for my brother and I to connect to on our Xb1's just so we can play without the tether? Pretty much just a "local game" to play. Thanks in advance.

On 4/28/2019 at 12:50 PM, Maldinar said:

I apologise if this is in the wrong section. I have a question that deals with some technical aspects of Ark, and I'm no tekkie. I play Ark on my Xb1 and would like to enjoy playing with my younger brother WITHOUT the darn host tether. I understand the tether is there to keep the game performance optimal, but the tether should be player's choice, in my opinion. Anyway, back to my question.... My laptop, according to CanIRunIt or w/e the website is, doesn't meet the minimum requirements to run Ark (core game). However, would I be able to put ARK on my laptop just for the purpose of using it as a dedicated server for my brother and I to connect to on our Xb1's just so we can play without the tether? Pretty much just a "local game" to play. Thanks in advance.

You'd need an actual, proper computer that's able to play the game. At that point, you might as well just get the game on Steam and play on PC because you aren't limited by poor and outdated hardware. However, if your computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements for the game, well, you're SoL...
And yes, the host tether is in the game for a very good reason, it's so people's consoles won't suffer permanent damage from being under too harsh of a load. ARK is a very demanding game, especially for console hardware and will never perform well without a ton of work from Wildcard. Even PC has the tether, but that's out of the question because you have an option to turn it up, and plus, servers are very cheap and easy to come by for the Steam version of ARK, you're not limited to only Nitrado.
I do understand not everyone can afford a computer good enough to run Ark, but from the way you're trying to put this, it's really your only option.

On 4/28/2019 at 12:50 PM, Maldinar said:

However, would I be able to put ARK on my laptop just for the purpose of using it as a dedicated server for my brother and I to connect to on our Xb1's just so we can play without the tether

No.

The only PC based hosting for xbox is available with Nitrado.