Tribe and player offline mailbox

Aylana314159

Suggestion

6 replies to this server topic

1 hour ago, WilliamMichell said:

Great idea, could even be an actual post box in game that other players can access to put notes into but not remove from

A physical mailbox at someone's base is a nice idea, but i don't think mail needs a physical representation in the game. Plus you would want a way to message by name/id/tribename and by looking at their structure. I think it needs to be part of the UI. That way there is a history of past messages.

Personally I prefer the mailbox idea and an actual mailbox structure

Each person, or tribe, could be assigned a mailbox. Others could then deliver messages, but could not open nor take messages. 

Unopened envelopes or scrolls could be shown as unopened until read, and after they are read, could remain but with an adjusted icon. The owner of the mailbox could then leave, take, or simple delete the messages they wish too. 

This would allow for messages that needed to be kept, safe and those which weren't needed, removed. 

With that I would also suggest setting it up so there is a "send all" function so that tribe owners/admins could send a message to everyone in the tribe as opposed to sending them individually. 

Off of that, it could also be nice to have a "send all" that would apply to allies as well. This would allow for tribes who work together to communicate.

We have a player on our server who is from another country and I think it would be a nice way to keep him in the loop and have some fun passing messages.

I know there was a post like this entered in at some point, however I cannot remember the title of it. 

That does not change the effect however that I still agree with the idea. 

There are other ways to reach people, be it offline or online, however it would still be nice to do so while in game (this is from a console players prospective). 

There is a mailbox in Prim+ that is currently busted, but I always liked the idea of being able to use it. And I think that on the other version of this suggestion, it was suggested that the following options be available: 

• Send Message to all (available to server admins at the very least)
  • Send Message to Allies
  • Send Message to Tribe-mates
  • Send Message to "_________" (select or type tribe or individual destination)
  • Drop of a message in another characters mailbox. 

I think it would be a fun way to be able to communicate with other players or a way to make deals with others who are offline. 

Archived