Do not bring back flyer speed leveling

Pipinghot

Suggestion

The title of this suggestion seems perverse at first, but since the new suggestion system (which is good, btw, thank you WC) only allows upvotes it makes it harder to see how many people dislike an idea.

We see again and again people suggesting/requesting that they bring back the "Classic Flyers" system to ARK, but you have to read through all of the threads to see how many people disagree with that idea. I'm posting this thread so that people can explicitly vote against the idea of ever bringing back speed leveling for flyers. So, if you are actively against the idea of ever bringing back flyer speed leveling, upvote this thread.

For both PvP and PvP I was glad when the speed leveling was removed, I thought it was a problem for both modes of game play. Being able to fly that quickly across entire maps made flyers too powerful.

10 replies to this server topic

On 4/28/2019 at 10:09 AM, Pipinghot said:

Yikes! Imprinting is already extremely powerful, giving a speed bonus would just make it even more extreme. Obviously you're entitled to your opinion, but I believe that imprinting is already darned close to OP, adding a speed buff would be just too much.

Agreed. Speed bonus on imprinting would be unbalanced.

2 hours ago, MandyH said:

I don't think they should undo the flyer nerf but I do think that it be nice if when we imprint we got the speed bonus from imprinting.

Yikes! Imprinting is already extremely powerful, giving a speed bonus would just make it even more extreme. Obviously you're entitled to your opinion, but I believe that imprinting is already darned close to OP, adding a speed buff would be just too much.

The new suggestion system definitely has pro and cons. Down voting would just bring out the haters.

@KiraK one unbalanced and nerfed dino like the managarmr isn't a reason to revert the flyer nerf. Plus they aren't even classified as flyers. Fast travel and teleportation also exists for crossing the map quickly, so thats still not a useful argument.

The flyer nerf was made for a reason, probably multiple reasons. I doubt any of those reasons have changed. 

10 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

The title of this suggestion seems perverse at first, but since the new suggestion system (which is good, btw, thank you WC) only allows upvotes it makes it harder to see how many people dislike an idea.

We see again and again people suggesting/requesting that they bring back the "Classic Flyers" system to ARK, but you have to read through all of the threads to see how many people disagree with that idea. I'm posting this thread so that people can explicitly vote against the idea of ever bringing back speed leveling for flyers. So, if you are actively against the idea of ever bringing back flyer speed leveling, upvote this thread.

For both PvP and PvP I was glad when the speed leveling was removed, I thought it was a problem for both modes of game play. Being able to fly that quickly across entire maps made flyers too powerful.

I honestly think they should bring back classical flyers.

"Being able to fly that quickly across entire maps made flyers too powerful." 

-  You can already fly around quickly across the map via Managarmr. Reverting classical flyers would indeed be a good balance for both the flyers themselves and the managarmrs. 

Archived