Gene splicing - Hybrids - Abilities

KrazedKhajiit

Suggestion

Okay so hear me out,

We all love ARK and crave more content, new dinos, new adventures, and challenges. My lil 2 cents to add to this suggestion would be gene splicing/ DNA manipulation/ hybrid tames. So what do I mean by this exactly? Well the ARK's and ob's hold immense power, along with all the Tek we have come to know and love. We also know there there is an actual story behind ARK and all of its inhabitants. So much still shrouded in mystery, and quite frankly leaving a HUGE opportunity to implement some kind of technology to alter the preexisting creatures of ARK. With all that technology and advancement to produce life that was otherwise thought impossible, why wouldn't it be able to further advance and alter the very same life it has constructed? In the ARK lore Helena has said that the ARK's have produced these creatures in a way that is not natural in more than one way. I would like to push this narrative a bit further. What I had in mind was a quite large comprehensive idea. Adding an all new tier of Tek perhaps as well as a new take on taming/ breeding. 

Through this we could create all NEW species on ARK, and open up endless possibilities. Some aspects of the splicing could be mostly cosmetic, making a creature bigger than they normally are, to maybe having features of two different creatures entirely. Other options could be stats, or abilities. For example, maybe I want a beast that can concur the depths of ARK's oceans, but just can't seem to part with my giant land kitty. So I splice genes from an aquatic creature with a thylaco hoping to achieve a mass boost to oxygen stats, or even a possibility for a water breathing ability. Maybe I'm feeling a bit goofy and want to have my Rex spit like a dilophosaurus? (Okay maybe thats a bit TOO silly, but I would LOVE to see outrageous outcomes, perhaps silly outcomes are considered flops. Whereas the actual intended outcomes could be more serious? So much could be left as an OPTION as well. If a player doesn't want a certain aspect make a checkbox to turn it off.) 

An even BIGGER step would be to actually find dinos in the wild that are hybrids the ARK has made. Perhaps make them more of a rarity of course, leaving the player to their own new branch of Tek gear to explore the possibilities in full for themselves. This may seem like a goofy or too ambitious jump for what ARK's initial aim was for. However I would love to dive head first into this idea with more careful thought and with the help of other creative minds on how to bring it to life, as well as balance it.  Thank you for reading, as well as your consideration! ARK is a passion for me, I've waited my ENTIRE life for THIS GAME. Much love ❤️

2 replies to this server topic

27 minutes ago, KrazedKhajiit said:

Okay so hear me out,

We all love ARK and crave more content, new dinos, new adventures, and challenges. My lil 2 cents to add to this suggestion would be gene splicing/ DNA manipulation/ hybrid tames. So what do I mean by this exactly? Well the ARK's and ob's hold immense power, along with all the Tek we have come to know and love. We also know there there is an actual story behind ARK and all of its inhabitants. So much still shrouded in mystery, and quite frankly leaving a HUGE opportunity to implement some kind of technology to alter the preexisting creatures of ARK. With all that technology and advancement to produce life that was otherwise thought impossible, why wouldn't it be able to further advance and alter the very same life it has constructed? In the ARK lore Helena has said that the ARK's have produced these creatures in a way that is not natural in more than one way. I would like to push this narrative a bit further. What I had in mind was a quite large comprehensive idea. Adding an all new tier of Tek perhaps as well as a new take on taming/ breeding. 

Through this we could create all NEW species on ARK, and open up endless possibilities. Some aspects of the splicing could be mostly cosmetic, making a creature bigger than they normally are, to maybe having features of two different creatures entirely. Other options could be stats, or abilities. For example, maybe I want a beast that can concur the depths of ARK's oceans, but just can't seem to part with my giant land kitty. So I splice genes from an aquatic creature with a thylaco hoping to achieve a mass boost to oxygen stats, or even a possibility for a water breathing ability. Maybe I'm feeling a bit goofy and want to have my Rex spit like a dilophosaurus? (Okay maybe thats a bit TOO silly, but I would LOVE to see outrageous outcomes, perhaps silly outcomes are considered flops. Whereas the actual intended outcomes could be more serious? So much could be left as an OPTION as well. If a player doesn't want a certain aspect make a checkbox to turn it off.) 

An even BIGGER step would be to actually find dinos in the wild that are hybrids the ARK has made. Perhaps make them more of a rarity of course, leaving the player to their own new branch of Tek gear to explore the possibilities in full for themselves. This may seem like a goofy or too ambitious jump for what ARK's initial aim was for. However I would love to dive head first into this idea with more careful thought and with the help of other creative minds on how to bring it to life, as well as balance it.  Thank you for reading, as well as your consideration! ARK is a passion for me, I've waited my ENTIRE life for THIS GAME. Much love ❤️

This is a massive undertaking for the Dev team to take the 120 unique creatures in ark and combine all of them in different ways to program and model and create 120x119 varients of models just splicing together 2 different models

Thats 14280 new models to make and animate

And that is considering that every giga spliced with a dodo makes the identically same looking GiDo in model form. If you want different variants then wow that's more then 10 more games worth of Dino's you are asking them to make

Archived