Best All-Round Mount?

DiloDod

Mana by far, fastest moving mount, one of the fastest swimmers, can reg stamina when dismounted in max 3 seconds (stamina amount doesn't matter), can reg stamina underwater, can wear a saddle, can be bred, can be taken to all bosses, can be used on Aberration, freeze breath, great melee, great dive dmg, can be used as a the fastest transporting mount, the easiest 100% imprint of all endgame dinos, takes 3days 20 hours to produce an adult (which is a joke), can be tamed without much trouble (doesn't even need narcos), it also gathers meat and hide pretty well.

The nerfs only effected his movement to some degree, it's still the fastest mount (just level 200% runspeed which also affects the jump/dash) and one of the strongest fighters.

If you need a saddle, you can just do some drops on Extinction, unlike the Snow Owl or Velonasaurus saddles, the endgame dino Mana saddle/blueprint drops pretty often.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the perspective of private PVE play... After playing on Extinction and taming & breeding many manas, I'm going to stick with my vote for Wyvern as best mount. The Managarmr has some great abilities, but I find their usefulness very 'situational'. It's probably much more useful in PvP on official servers. The Wyvern is super useful in any circumstance. Especially if you play unofficial and can use the classic flyers mod. 

Though on Extinction I'm finding my mutated Gigas very useful. 

• 2 months later...

In my opinion, the absolute best land mount is the terror bird. with high health, high damage, high speed, the ability to glide from high cliffs and land safely, and easy prime meat and hide collection makes them great all around mounts. their head also does not block the view of the scope when shooting a gun which makes it the perfect snipers mount. very easy to breed these. the only downside is a low base weight but you can get weight mutations by mass breeding within a few days.

Hope this helps!

Rexes are the best for me. Good health, good damage, pretty alright weight and stamina, and they are rather good at traversing uneven terrain. And a fully imprinted one is quite fast in addition to the other qualities! Also, a rex with good health can be used as a mobile "safety rock" to stand on top of when tranqing something that you have no trap for and would rather not confront on foot (I did that when taming a theri, a megatherium, and two of my allos and it worked perfectly every time).

Archived