Code of conduct enforcement

Soldier905

So after trying to get an official answer from an enforcement gm they refuse to acknowledge/respond my question of the following --

Does the "code of conduct" rules apply to legacy servers since they are still a part of the official network ?

I experienced several code of conduct violations on a legacy i played on which included a gm that i believe was involved in the incident yet nothing was done about it with proof and a mention of the rule in the "coc" which has ZERO mention of legacy servers in it .

So what does everything think about gms ignoring these simple questions being ignored ?

btw for those that say its not their job to answer questions like this your wrong as thats the whole point of "customer service" is to answer questions with an "official" response

7 minutes ago, Soldier905 said:

So after trying to get an official answer from an enforcement gm they refuse to acknowledge/respond my question of the following --

Does the "code of conduct" rules apply to legacy servers since they are still a part of the official network ?

I experienced several code of conduct violations on a legacy i played on which included a gm that i believe was involved in the incident yet nothing was done about it with proof and a mention of the rule in the "coc" which has ZERO mention of legacy servers in it .

So what does everything think about gms ignoring these simple questions being ignored ?

btw for those that say its not their job to answer questions like this your wrong as thats the whole point of "customer service" is to answer questions with an "official" response

Legacy does not get GM support. They clearly stated that when they started the new servers. If you stayed on or joined legacy after that announcement, you agreed to it.

3 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Legacy does not get GM support. They clearly stated that when they started the new servers. If you stayed on or joined legacy after that announcement, you agreed to it.

So you think the code of conduct doesnt apply to legacy servers then ? As there is zero mention of "legacy" at all in the code of conduct so that means it applies to the entire official network including legacy.

Just now, Soldier905 said:

So you think the code of conduct doesnt apply to legacy servers then ?

A GM has the authority to address it if they want but overall it is a lawless land. Something would probably get attention if it violated international laws or if one of the players had a GM friend, short of that, CoC is only a guideline on legacy.

1 minute ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

A GM has the authority to address it if they want but overall it is a lawless land. Something would probably get attention if it violated international laws or if one of the players had a GM friend, short of that, CoC is only a guideline on legacy.

What if a gm violated the coc too ?

As for the lawless part which is why i want to know if the coc apply to the legacy servers since there is no mention of legacy in the code of conduct ANYWHERE , they are picking and choosing what is being enforced which is WRONG , its either all or nothing for enforcement .

1 minute ago, Soldier905 said:

As for the lawless part which is why i want to know if the coc apply to the legacy servers since there is no mention of legacy in the code of conduct ANYWHERE , they are picking and choosing what is being enforced which is WRONG , its either all or nothing for enforcement .

And I'm saying it is lawless which means they can enforce or not enforce anything they want. There is no official enforcement policy for legacy servers.

6 minutes ago, Soldier905 said:

Legacy is just as @yekrucifixion187 is saying, Lawless. People on legacy can make mesh defence and I believe the GMs will only help in extreme cases of bugs, not CoC issues.

Ill tag a known legacy player here maybe he can provide some insight @Lycan187u

7 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

And I'm saying it is lawless which means they can enforce or not enforce anything they want. There is no official enforcement policy for legacy servers.

I think your missing my point here as the whole "lawless" part is just an opinion and not an official response which is what iam after .The code of conduct applies to legacy and other official servers yet wont answer if it applies there or not in an official capacity , As for the enforcement that is what the coc is for . So effectively is it just a "unofficial" server hosted by wildcard ? or are they going to enforce the rules that THEY WROTE without any limitations within the code of conduct itself . If legacy servers are not regulated by the coc it needs to be mentioned in the coc .

25 minutes ago, Soldier905 said:

I think your missing my point here as the whole "lawless" part is just an opinion and not an official response which is what iam after .The code of conduct applies to legacy and other official servers yet wont answer if it applies there or not in an official capacity , As for the enforcement that is what the coc is for . So effectively is it just a "unofficial" server hosted by wildcard ? or are they going to enforce the rules that THEY WROTE without any limitations within the code of conduct itself . If legacy servers are not regulated by the coc it needs to be mentioned in the coc .

Its been mentioned many times. It was stressed a lot when Legacy became legacy. They have said they wont be monitoring legacy servers. Theres no CoC for Legacy because it isnt enforced.. So yes, its basically an unofficial hosted by WC as you said.

Very rare to actually get a dev reply here, Reddit is more likely. Ill even help you out and tag a dev thats most likely to reply for you @Cedric

1 minute ago, d1nk said:

Its been mentioned many times. It was stressed a lot when Legacy became legacy. They have said they wont be monitoring legacy servers. Theres no CoC for Legacy because it isnt enforced.. So yes, its basically an unofficial hosted by WC as you said.

Very rare to actually get a dev reply here, Reddit is more likely. Ill even help you out and tag a dev thats most likely to reply for you @Cedric

Oh i even made tickets , my point was to get an opinion of how they are not even following their own rules they list as i said before there is not any mention of legacy under the code of conduct page . Not looking elsewhere for legacy as this is for a particular page as that is effectively the rulebook and in the rulebook legacy should be listed if it isnt supported for coc offenses .

Just now, Soldier905 said:

Oh i even made tickets , my point was to get an opinion of how they are not even following their own rules they list as i said before there is not any mention of legacy under the code of conduct page . Not looking elsewhere for legacy as this is for a particular page as that is effectively the rulebook and in the rulebook legacy should be listed if it isnt supported for coc offenses .

Im trying to help you and you're acting really entitled. Same with.your other posts in another thread. The devs dont owe you anything. If they reply, great. 

Do your own research. You will see. Noone owes you anything quit acting so damn entitled to an answer.

• Volunteer Moderator
34 minutes ago, Soldier905 said:

The CoC rules do not apply to Legacy servers. It wouldn't matter much if they did as there is no support or enforcement on Legacy servers.

Life on Legacy is hard. Wear a helmet.

Not seeing how this is any different from Official. Making player reports is just something to make yourself feel better temporarily until you get the same copypasta response and log back in to see nothing done. Doesn't matter if it's players kiting dinos at each other on PvE, or racial slurs in chat, or making multiple tribes to help keep a server at tamecap, or players blocking paths and resource nodes...

Supply all the screenshots you want, they don't do enforcement post-release of Atlas (didn't do it very often prior, either).

On 4/28/2019 at 5:31 AM, HairyNevus said:

Not seeing how this is any different from Official. Making player reports is just something to make yourself feel better temporarily until you get the same copypasta response and log back in to see nothing done. Doesn't matter if it's players kiting dinos at each other on PvE, or racial slurs in chat, or making multiple tribes to help keep a server at tamecap, or players blocking paths and resource nodes...

Supply all the screenshots you want, they don't do enforcement post-release of Atlas (didn't do it very often prior, either).

Yup, don't forget real money transactions for dinos. They say it's against the rules and that they'll handle it, but nope, nothing done and the players come right back and do it again

no support unless u have gm in ur pocket xD… 

On 4/26/2019 at 2:18 PM, Soldier905 said:

So you think the code of conduct doesnt apply to legacy servers then ? As there is zero mention of "legacy" at all in the code of conduct so that means it applies to the entire official network including legacy.

truly tho there is nothing wc can do to help you in the legacy community its a dog eat dog world my friend

10 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

no support unless u have gm in ur pocket xD… 

truly tho there is nothing wc can do to help you in the legacy community its a dog eat dog world my friend

Honestly judging by many posts I see in these forums, it seems to be that there is nothing wc can do for you ever, in any server official or not. What they can do is hamper your game experience or wipe you for ridiculous reasons, They can make mistakes and remove years worth of gameplay in the blink of an eye and then turn around and say sorry but they cant replace anything they deleted, they can allow meshes to wipe your base but then wipe your base themselves for defending against meshers, they can act uncaring and apathetic to your logged tickets and provide vague and unsatisfactory responses on your posted queries. Come to think of it the more I hear about what WC are like the more they sound like an S&M service for masochists who like punishment ? 

EDIT: (this is just based on my experience with threads I have seen and on the experiences other users have posted, I personally have never dealt with WC GM's or the ticketing system so take my statement with a grain of salt, it is just my opinion)

16 minutes ago, HoboNation said:

Honestly judging by many posts I see in these forums, it seems to be that there is nothing wc can do for you ever, in any server official or not. What they can do is hamper your game experience or wipe you for ridiculous reasons, They can make mistakes and remove years worth of gameplay in the blink of an eye and then turn around and say sorry but they cant replace anything they deleted, they can allow meshes to wipe your base but then wipe your base themselves for defending against meshers, they can act uncaring and apathetic to your logged tickets and provide vague and unsatisfactory responses on your posted queries. Come to think of it the more I hear about what WC are like the more they sound like an S&M service for masochists who like punishment ? 

Have you been drinking  lol?I'm just a legacy player don't hate ....love thy neighbors like pieces of steak these are the words of our Lord  raptor jesus!!

Just now, Lycan187u said:

Have you been drinking  lol?I'm just a legacy player don't hate ....love thy neighbors like pieces of steak these are the words of our Lord  raptor jesus!!

No hate man, Not trying to throw shade, I edited my post to state that this is just how my view of WC has been shaped through the forums, i personaly have not had to deal with WC or log a ticket, so my opinion at this point is completely shaped by the experiences I have read other players post.

Sorry if any offense was derived from my post, although if you arent a WC GM or dev then there should be no offense to be taken from it anyway. 

Finally got an official response from a Senior gm about cheating and code of conduct below .  So their officially not enforcing cheating on legacy servers now so they are picking and choosing what they want to enforce . Looks like if you want to cheat in the game on their official network its officially acceptable on legacy now which should say something about them as a company....

" Thank you for contacting Studio Wildcard Customer Support. I am Wildcard GM Argos.

Code of Conduct is NOT applicable on all Legacy servers besides real life threats. Should you have further questions or concerns in regards to different matter, please do not hesitate to contact us again. Thank you for your continued support of ARK: Survival Evolved. Have a wonderful day.

Sincerely,

Senior GM Argos
Studio Wildcard

On 4/29/2019 at 7:59 AM, HoboNation said:

No hate man, Not trying to throw shade, I edited my post to state that this is just how my view of WC has been shaped through the forums, i personaly have not had to deal with WC or log a ticket, so my opinion at this point is completely shaped by the experiences I have read other players post.

Sorry if any offense was derived from my post, although if you arent a WC GM or dev then there should be no offense to be taken from it anyway. 

Many players like to blindly defend wc even when their in the wrong so that's probley where offense was taken

11 minutes ago, Soldier905 said:

Finally got an official response from a Senior gm about cheating and code of conduct below .  So their officially not enforcing cheating on legacy servers now so they are picking and choosing what they want to enforce . Looks like if you want to cheat in the game on their official network its officially acceptable on legacy now which should say something about them as a company....

" Thank you for contacting Studio Wildcard Customer Support. I am Wildcard GM Argos.

Code of Conduct is NOT applicable on all Legacy servers besides real life threats. Should you have further questions or concerns in regards to different matter, please do not hesitate to contact us again. Thank you for your continued support of ARK: Survival Evolved. Have a wonderful day.

Sincerely,

Senior GM Argos
Studio Wildcard

Many players like to blindly defend wc even when their in the wrong so that's probley where offense was taken

It was made abundantly clear upon the launch of the game that the legacy servers would no longer be supported. Why is this so hard for you to comprehend? Rather than wipe early access official, they chose to convert it to legacy. You chose to continue playing on unsupported servers and have the audacity to complain that your treatment is unfair. You can’t make it up.

8 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

It was made abundantly clear upon the launch of the game that the legacy servers would no longer be supported. Why is this so hard for you to comprehend? Rather than wipe early access official, they chose to convert it to legacy. You chose to continue playing on unsupported servers and have the audacity to complain that your treatment is unfair. You can’t make it up.

Your completely missing my point , my link showed they openly allow anything now as before it was a grey area which unsupported could mean anything .

29 minutes ago, Soldier905 said:

Your completely missing my point , my link showed they openly allow anything now as before it was a grey area which unsupported could mean anything .

While I see the point your trying to make, the fact that they no longer offer customer support means that code of conduct no longer applies. How do they enforce it without customer supporting the servers? 

I do agree they need to stick a dsiclaimer in the CoC about legacy server, since its apparently lacking

Archived