New Dinos

SikuEmu

Suggestion

I feel like we could use more aquatic dinos. Here's my list that also include the dino usage. 

Anomalocaris- Ridable? No, but when tamed, you will be able to use it to gather chitin, oil, black pearls, and silica pearls. Once the feature is enabled, the Anomalo will go hunt trilobites, or gather the resources. 

Dakosaurus-  Ridable? Yes, saddle must be crafted in smithy and it works as a portable smithy. They are passive tames and will only attack you if you attack them. They are also very fast

Archelon- Ridable? Yes, and can carry a platform saddle. While not too fast, they have a whole bunch of health and stamina. It can also carry a lot of weight and don't have an oxygen stat. Much like the basilosaurus, the archelon can't go too deep. They are also immune to the paralyzing electric shock of the cnidaria and electric eels. They are passive tames and eat raw and prime fish meat and mejoberries. If wild Archelons are on the beach, they most likely are laying eggs. They won't attack if you steal them. 

Pakicetus- Ridable? No, but are great at catching fish. While not fully aquatic, they do swim really great. They are knockout tames and only eat raw fish meat, cooked fish meat, and raw prime fish meat. (In the Ark version I imagine them smaller so they can be shoulder pets) They are carryable and don't have an oxygen stat. 

13 replies to this server topic

21 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

This is the only problem I have with this creature. It would either have to be an extremely small platform capable of holding three or four foundations, or it could be replaced with that Smithy saddle you were gonna give to the Dako. Conversely, the saddle could act like the meat pack of the Hyaenodon and increase the spoil time on bio-toxin and meat. 

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of them making it bigger then it really is. They altered the sizes of certain creatures in the game anyways

2 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

You aren't making a DLC. You aren't part of the development team. At best you're all pitching ideas for a mod. 

For your info if that thread and idea actually gets enough up votes and support wildcard will take a look they told us if a thread gets enough upvotes it’s to organize info

On 4/26/2019 at 5:18 PM, Rocketraptor said:

But honestly people are already making a water dlc so no point in asking for more water creatures just ask the people that are making the dlc to add these creatures

You aren't making a DLC. You aren't part of the development team. At best you're all pitching ideas for a mod. 

2 minutes ago, Qwertymine said:

Hey, hey. All I'm doing is making suggestions for a game I like. They asked for fan feedback so that's what I did. Not here to start a bloody war, I just want to make suggestions. 

20 hours ago, Rocketraptor said:

wildcard will take a look

They took a look at the Center and look how that turned out. 

Look, you can't just go onto a thread and say "Just give your ideas to us". The Island, Rag, and Center have oceans almost completely void of any diversity. And yes, while a water DLC would allow new creatures to be downloaded to these maps, it would then make that part of the map Pay-To-Win inside. DLC creatures almost entirely outclass base game creatures. We saw this with the Managarmr and Wyverns on their release. But there's a difference between the ocean and land. The ocean has had no DLC creatures. It has been the exact same meta since the Tuso and Basilo were added. Making one DLC for the ocean completely upsets the balance of power unless we get more ocean creatures added to the base game. 

Take your mod, and keep it in its forum. The base game needs additions too.

23 hours ago, Silverflower1 said:

Another creature that might be cool is the helicoprion. The’re fairly big, so they would probably be good for riding. 

1 hour ago, SikuEmu said:

Ooh, yeah! They'd probably be a smaller more agile version of the megalodon. And maybe be an aggressive counterpart to the icthy

These were supposed to go with the comment above.

2 hours ago, SikuEmu said:

Dakosaurus-  Ridable? Yes, saddle must be crafted in smithy and it works as a portable smithy. They are passive tames and will only attack you if you attack them. They are also very fast

Dakosaurus was an extremely dangerous predator, as evidenced by its size(Compared to other creatures in its area) and serrated teeth. These would likely work better as either a middle ground between Megalodon and Plesiosaurus, or a more aggressive alternative to the Ichthy. 

2 hours ago, SikuEmu said:

Archelon- Ridable? Yes, and can carry a platform saddle.

This is the only problem I have with this creature. It would either have to be an extremely small platform capable of holding three or four foundations, or it could be replaced with that Smithy saddle you were gonna give to the Dako. Conversely, the saddle could act like the meat pack of the Hyaenodon and increase the spoil time on bio-toxin and meat. 

Archived