Auto breeding

MikeBruce3363

1 hour ago, MikeBruce3363 said:

Is there a way to stop auto breeding?

I recently started my own cluster an it seems like every other day someone left there tames on mating I was wondering if there was some coding out there that could have babies born with out wondering enabled?

Nope.

You can try the "Dino Storage v2" auto-trapping of babies, but it won't raise them.

The other option is to use "Confuciusornis" mod, the birds can autoclaim and disable wandering.

Here is the dilemma tho - why even play the game if 50% of it is automatic ?

10 minutes ago, shiny said:

Nope.

You can try the "Dino Storage v2" auto-trapping of babies, but it won't raise them.

The other option is to use "Confuciusornis" mod, the birds can autoclaim and disable wandering.

I think he is trying to stop people leaving tames on wander, creating a HUGE mess for the admin - might even crash the server. 

1 hour ago, MikeBruce3363 said:

Is there a way to stop auto breeding?

I recently started my own cluster an it seems like every other day someone left there tames on mating I was wondering if there was some coding out there that could have babies born with out wondering enabled?

I think your only solution to curb this is to crank breeding interval. Even so itll still auto mate just a lot less devastating results if left on

1 minute ago, d1nk said:

I think he is trying to stop people leaving tames on wander, creating a HUGE mess for the admin - might even crash the server. 

I think your only solution to curb this is to crank breeding interval. Even so itll still auto mate just a lot less devastating results if left on

People will learn fast how to go around it -> multiply the mating pairs by the times the breeding interval was increased :D

12 minutes ago, shiny said:

Nope.

No. He wants to avoid people leaving their tames on mate introducing hundreds of dino's into the server while they are offline. Nothing about mods to make the game more automated. As it stands, he has to admin kill each unclaimed tame when that happens.

OP Currently best solution is to force join their tribe to disable mating and of course admin kill the unclaimed tames.

There is a topic in suggestion that asks for an all unclaimed dino kill command. I'd upvote it so the devs know it's an issue and might be able to incorporate a command 

1 minute ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

No. He wants to avoid people leaving their tames on mate introducing hundreds of dino's into the server while they are offline. Nothing about mods to make the game more automated. As it stands, he has to admin kill each unclaimed tame when that happens.

OP Currently best solution is to force join their tribe to disable mating and of course admin kill the unclaimed tames.

There is a topic in suggestion that asks for an all unclaimed dino kill command. I'd upvote it so the devs know it's an issue and might be able to incorporate a command 

Actually, he asked for something "that could have babies born with out wondering enabled".

I do understand the problem, but there's currently no solution, besides -> lowering the tame limit or doing the work manually. I gave him the next best thing. Enforcing the use of those mods will be another problem tho.

Archived