new items Tek Fridge, Tek Smoker, Tek Vault, Tek Chemistry Station, and Tek Grinder

SapphireSam7

Suggestion

Hello,

I would like to suggest the addition of a few tek items. I realize that those who do not use or like tek may not care for these items, but they are items that would be considered nice additions for the way some play the game. Myself included. 

The Tek Fridge is pretty self explanatory. It would be larger than the small fridge visually, be powered by a generator, and have more line items than the standard fridge. 

*I suggest the fridge fully realizing that the Tek Troughs can act as refrigerators, but with them there is always the issue that if the wrong things are added while they are too close to creatures... bye bye supplies. 

The Tek Smoker would be the next step to the preserving bin. Larger with more line items, it too would be powered by a Tek Generator . To make jerky, oil must be added- or salt depending on the map. Jerky would dry out quicker than with the preserving bin by a small percentage. 

The Tek Vault is another item that would be nice to see added. The dedicated storage has certainly helped with being organized, however there certain items that can't be stacked in one and it would be nice to have a place to put them. Clothing, weapons, tools, saddles, etc. Updated with a tek look, I would suggest they hold more line item and perhaps be two foundations wide and one wall tall for placement. It does make sense after all, to have them be a bit larger if they are to hold more. 

The Tek Chemistry Station would be the follow up to the chemistry bench. We already have the Tek replicator to follow the fabricator, so to have a Tek Chemistry station seems to be the next step. It too would have a tek look, be a bit larger, and have the ability to hold more line options. 

The Tek Grinder. It would be yet another tek step up for an already available game item. Perhaps the same size, or smaller, it would be able to crush everything in its inventory at once as opposed to items individually or in stacks. It would also give back a larger portion of the materials used to craft what is crushed and instead of organic polymer, it would give back hard polymer.

The cost to craft each item listed above would be costly, some outrageously so due to the convenience they offer, but worth the grinding for the item needed. 

*this is suggested based on an xbox PvE players perspective where mod options expand these areas are not available.

New Items added to the list due to inclusion in conversation or as additions to the original discussion:

1. Tek Forge. Like the others it would have more line items, could be run off a generator, and would smelt metal into ingots faster than the items currently available. Not by much, but a slight percentage that would make gathering the required materials to craft it worth the effort. 

2. Filing Cabinet. As listed in the conversation it too would be an upgraded storage item, much like the vault, to replace the bookcase. It would be nice to see it have more line items, as well as additional sorting function to be able to locate the blueprint you wish to find sooner. (example... Saddles, Weapons & Tools, Armors, Recipes, Building items, etc...) 

3. Tek AC. As discussed on a separate suggestion, it would would be an improved version of the Air Condition. It would encompass a larger area and could be set inside windows as though it were a window unit or placed on the floor. It would run off a tek generator. 

4. Tek Kitchen. Acting as as both an industrial grill and a industrial cooker, this would be large station that would act as both items at a slightly faster rate then their counterparts with more line items. It could also be connected via a pipe to allow for direct water usage. 

5. Tek Garden Station & Tek Plots.  The Tek Plots would auto snap together as with Tek Dedicated Storage, hold more line items, help crops grow faster, help fertilizer last longer, and would have a higher irrigation count. The Tek Garden Station could be connected to the Tek Plots and would act as an advanced compost bin with more line items and faster composting times, would auto fill the connect plots with fertilizer, would harvest and store produce for the player to collect (it wouldn't be a fridge you could add to but would hold the items until you removed them), and could be connected to a water pipe to start the irrigation line for the crop plots. 

27 replies to this server topic

5 hours ago, GerBear said:

You should be able to craft this in the tek replicator. According to my calculations it only fills about 471 stacks out of the 600 stacks available in the tek replicator.

Didn't try but other blue print which have specified crafting at Smithy or Fabricator cant be used in replicator, i experienced it with couple of blue prints.

Maybe super boss Argentavis with infinite amount of weight and no cap on number of slots? lol

i think some monstrosities of about 3 tek structures to cover all your crafting needs would be fantastic.  Tek Kitchen (cooker, grill, smoker, fridge) Tek Fabricator (chem bench, indy forge) and the replicator.  All like the replicator with 800 slots to keep your best BP's and plenty of mats.  My thoughts on the subject anyway.

1 hour ago, SapphireSam7 said:

That is another good one. We don't really have an updated bookcase either. 

I was also thinking about a forge. Something that is smaller that can hold more and possibly cook ingots at a slightly higher rate. 

A long long time ago

I can still remember

Jeremy responded to me in an ark digest and said a filing cabinet for blueprints was a good idea/well do this/it's in the works

On 4/28/2019 at 6:28 PM, SapphireSam7 said:

That is another good one. We don't really have an updated bookcase either. 

I was also thinking about a forge. Something that is smaller that can hold more and possibly cook ingots at a slightly higher rate. 

Like the forge in annuki genesis it’s smaller, holds more and smelts quick

On 8/21/2019 at 12:08 AM, Gribbles said:

i think some monstrosities of about 3 tek structures to cover all your crafting needs would be fantastic.  Tek Kitchen (cooker, grill, smoker, fridge) Tek Fabricator (chem bench, indy forge) and the replicator.  All like the replicator with 800 slots to keep your best BP's and plenty of mats.  My thoughts on the subject anyway.

It would be a nice way to simplify the process, but I think I would personally prefer to see the items in the Tek tier separated first, with an option then to craft the larger grouped. Possibly at a crazy expensive price due to the convenience of it all. 

On the plus side to your idea though, from a PVE perspective, the fewer structures, the less lag you may have. So in a way having a few ultimate crafting stations that can handle a multitude of items may be the way to go. 

On 4/1/2020 at 11:12 AM, Dinobros2000 said:

Well I think the grinder and chem bench and forge ect. are already tech versions.

They are definitely higher level items - that probably could do without a tek version. But if you look at them from a tiered standpoint, they are far more "industrial" as opposed to "tek". One big tell is that they are not crafted at the tek tier level, and they are for the most part, are crafted at the industrial level. Another tell would be that they still require gasoline to run them, and that they cannot be powered on tek generators alone. 

A lot of this is of the mindset of having some more clearly defined tiers for items at the tek phase. 

Honestly I could write forever about what is missing at the lower levels. Such as somehow we go from a mortar and pestle to a chemistry bench to begin with, unless you consider the horse saddle the step in-between. 

The tek level chemistry station would simply be faster at crafting items, could hold more line items, and could run off a tek generator as opposed to electricity and gasoline. 

Necessary to game play? No. But it is something that would help someone who is building a full tek base have items that fit the tier, the look, and support the effort of having gotten that far. 

tek fridge

It looks absolutely obsolete to still use the normal fridge once you get to tek tier, and you have tek base, tek turrets, tek doors, tek storages, but old 48'slot fridges. I understand the 1600 slot tek storage could have been too many slots if enabled for a fridge, but at least a 500 slot ones, like vaults, vould be nice. Tek fridge should also give a larger buff thgan the 100x of the normal one (like 300x?)

On 5/11/2019 at 1:02 PM, Toraxor said:

agreed we need chem benches with more space

its already annoying enough to farm since body bags are gone and resource were nerfed gasbags are a weak replacement hurry GIF

We absolutely a chem beanch with 600 slots, like replicatore. Also the fridge is necessary. Other stuff less important.

On 10/16/2020 at 9:02 AM, SapphireSam7 said:

I do agree that it would be nice to have some well defined tiers so that we can build with things that look like what we are using. So if you are building a metal base - you have the metal decoratives and industrial items that fit it and if you are building a tek base, the same rule applies.  This is just one part of that referring mostly to storage and crafting stations at the Tek Level. 

It drives crazy at times that a metal base or tek base still has to use wood tables, chairs, fireplaces, gardening plots, etc... It would be nice to have a better set of progressional pieces that fit with the higher level tiered items. 

Fun fact, WC already has Tek table chair benches AND lamps, all they need to do is some slight reteexturing, also mid level chem bench is a cement mixer.., Thad be cool

On 10/13/2020 at 3:17 PM, AlanMasterPRO said:

Totalmente de acuerdo, y debería aplicar para todo lo de madera, ¿han visto lo estético de una base metal o tek con una mesa de trabajo de madera? o un trofeo de Rockwell sobre un soporte de madera? 🤨 es modernizar el juego, las armaduras también deberían recibir un retoque 😉 

I do agree that it would be nice to have some well defined tiers so that we can build with things that look like what we are using. So if you are building a metal base - you have the metal decoratives and industrial items that fit it and if you are building a tek base, the same rule applies.  This is just one part of that referring mostly to storage and crafting stations at the Tek Level. 

It drives crazy at times that a metal base or tek base still has to use wood tables, chairs, fireplaces, gardening plots, etc... It would be nice to have a better set of progressional pieces that fit with the higher level tiered items. 

yes to all of that

i would add the possibility of Generators being powered by a TekGenerator ( so we could power an electrical grid with tek)

or some sort of Transformator item (if thats the right english word,idk) we could add to an electrical grid, that gets power from a tek generator!

so we could have purely tek powered bases, without running the tek genny on high range!

Be great to see more useful tek items the smoker would be awesome be nice if it worked like grills where more then one piece of jerky perserves at a time as when dehydrating jerky tend to be done with whole racks of meat... Also never got the whole oil sparkpowder thing as most perserving bins and smokers in real life use wood chips or chunks to preserve the meat and add unique flavor based on type of wood used.....  Tek fridge be nice if it was a freezer instead that chilled items and put it into a stasis with no rot timers... File cabinets would be awesome to store all blueprints and sorts be ascending or descending quality and have at least 2x to 4x space of a bookshelf.

Archived