Favourite Base Location?

Tiapie

Hello fellow Arkers!

Getting used to the game myself as a newcommer, I first find myself hunting for a good quiet spot by the sea. 

What is your favourite map and hidden sweet spot for setting up base camp? Feel free to share images.

As a side note, thanks to all payers who leave the doors open with helpful signs when survivors happen to rez within your base! 

4 hours ago, Tiapie said:

My favourite so far has been The Island. Torn between the snow or the sunny sea!

On the Western coast, North of the Red Ob, right where the snow and beach meet, is a tall rock. Around that rock is lots of flat space to build a base. 

It's a dangerous area, but it's where I currently have my main base on the Island. It's close enough to the snow that Itchyornis (really annoying birds) rarely spawn there. 

It's more of a mid-late game base due to the amount of hostile creatures, but not much trouble at all once you have a decent Rex or two.

Ragnarok. Knuffel Lake, at the foothills of the redwoods forest, beside the wyvern forest. My base is purely for function, surrounded by all the resources a person could need not far from my base walls. Housing tons of wyverns, Gigas, Rex's and mating pairs of just about everything. 

It wasn't my favorite location at first, but its really impressed me since I selected it. I would build here again. 

knuffel_lake_base.jpg

Thanks to everyone who responded and had a look at my post.

I am trying to replace my poor Fire Wyvren who was killed during a lag spike and I need to look at the auctions/trading to see if I can adopt another one. In order to do that, I need to become a full member. Named 'Butters', he was a gift from a friend and I grew quite attached to him, wonderful help for new players. 

This is an image I took before the death of my only two Dinos! It's on The Island Map far West and tucked in beneath a cliff edge. 

6df3a20a29f2c507eb25f9b2f94c01b2.jpg

2 hours ago, Tiapie said:

Thanks to everyone who responded and had a look at my post.

I am trying to replace my poor Fire Wyvren who was killed during a lag spike and I need to look at the auctions/trading to see if I can adopt another one. In order to do that, I need to become a full member. Named 'Butters', he was a gift from a friend and I grew quite attached to him, wonderful help for new players. 

This is an image I took before the death of my only two Dinos! It's on The Island Map far West and tucked in beneath a cliff edge. 

6df3a20a29f2c507eb25f9b2f94c01b2.jpg

Just keep posting you will get there. Takes 4 days of posting (3/day)

On 4/26/2019 at 10:23 AM, Tiapie said:

My favourite so far has been The Island. Torn between the snow or the sunny sea!

There is a natural dead end snow bridge just north of the ice bay on the island map.  You can build up there and only need to block off the entrance.  Pretty much everything you need is nearby.   Pearls in the bay, oil in the ocean, metal and crystal everywhere.  Rex/anky/argy/dire wolf spawns. 

1 hour ago, CODukes4 said:

There is a natural dead end snow bridge just north of the ice bay on the island map.  You can build up there and only need to block off the entrance.  Pretty much everything you need is nearby.   Pearls in the bay, oil in the ocean, metal and crystal everywhere.  Rex/anky/argy/dire wolf spawns. 

Oh wow! Thank you, will check it out tomorrow :D

Still one of my favorite locations is the "weather top" on the island map. It's not far from where I first spawned when I started playing the game, and though I've built in other locations since then, this is still one of my favorites. The threats are minimal - an occasional Carno or Raptor, mostly just dilos (very rarely an alpha raptor) - but resources (other than basic stone and wood) are not plentiful. It doesn't bother me since I have flyers, and the mountains are an easy trip with a wyvern. I like that it's close to most of the biomes (swamp and redwoods are right next to it) it's "flat-ish" for building, and there's a nice little inlet from the ocean for boat/raft parking.

ARK_ Survival Evolved_20190427195727.jpg

I like to build up top where the trees are in the middle of the picture.  You can also build on the island where this person is standing.  It's fairly safe, but more difficult to ground tames to.  Try to avoid blocking the oil spawns if you build on the island.  Full fur gear is a must.  Once you find some mastercraft/ascendant fur gear, living in the cold is great.

small.jpg

Ragnarok , Viking Bay, there is a lake with a plateau and fallen bridge (Dungeon easter Egg), I build up there.

You can't access the plateau without a flyer and the tree in the lake gives Sap and takes a platform

The lake empties down a water fall and there is a hidden water cave that goes out to the sea via a river/stream and you can run a Basilosaurus right up the river  and store it below your base in the cave.

Private server so I allow structure at Supply Drops which opens up the plateau.

On The Island, when you travel along the west coast, there is a small cliff with a lonely tree on the edge, close to a small river with tons of river rocks. On of the best locations i have built so far.

You can build a nice greenhouse around the tree and you still have plenty of room.

And you also have all resources close. You have the snow biome with a silicia pearls, oil, metal, crystal and obsidian.

And you also have the volcano close to your base, but i wouldnt go there until you have access to an argy. I would also keep some distance to the snow biome, before you get some stronger mounts. Once you have a carno or a Bary, you can try your luck. But before that you can use the river rocks. They are good enough for the moment.

beware of the creatures around this place. Raptors, Dilos or Theris like to spawn there. But it is still worth it.

If you are lucky you can get a nice shot of the greenhouse with the sunset in the background. Trust me.

On 4/26/2019 at 10:55 PM, DeHammer said:

Ragnarok. Knuffel Lake, at the foothills of the redwoods forest, beside the wyvern forest. My base is purely for function, surrounded by all the resources a person could need not far from my base walls. Housing tons of wyverns, Gigas, Rex's and mating pairs of just about everything. 

It wasn't my favorite location at first, but its really impressed me since I selected it. I would build here again. 

knuffel_lake_base.jpg

17 hours ago, JNoble said:

Still one of my favorite locations is the "weather top" on the island map. It's not far from where I first spawned when I started playing the game, and though I've built in other locations since then, this is still one of my favorites. The threats are minimal - an occasional Carno or Raptor, mostly just dilos (very rarely an alpha raptor) - but resources (other than basic stone and wood) are not plentiful. It doesn't bother me since I have flyers, and the mountains are an easy trip with a wyvern. I like that it's close to most of the biomes (swamp and redwoods are right next to it) it's "flat-ish" for building, and there's a nice little inlet from the ocean for boat/raft parking.

ARK_ Survival Evolved_20190427195727.jpg

You know the feeling, when you are really proud of the things you build and then you see the things, other people made and you feel like the biggest noob ever?

On 4/26/2019 at 10:47 AM, Tiapie said:

Hello fellow Arkers!

Getting used to the game myself as a newcommer, I first find myself hunting for a good quiet spot by the sea. 

What is your favourite map and hidden sweet spot for setting up base camp? Feel free to share images.

As a side note, thanks to all payers who leave the doors open with helpful signs when survivors happen to rez within your base! 

On the island ( only dlc i have put alot of time into) my fave  spot to start is on the southern side of the island where you have a little strp of land between two larger spots * south one i think* Lots of non dangerous dinos, the scariest thing normaly is a dilo, Be warned ocasionaly a spino can wander into the are and be a pain. Normaly once i have a trike or two tamed and enough resources i move just north east of the redwoods  to a cliff right across from a pillar  that has a ruin and alot of metal nodes ontop, its close to the green obby so it gives me easy access to most of the map and is close to most resources i find i need . only downside is its distance from  the beaches, requiring a harbor  to keep aquatic tames in for when you need them 

Will try take pics of my base tonight as they all on Steam and none at work. However on the Island I LOVE my base on Herbivore Island in the South as a main base. I have a mini base in the Hidden Lake with a taming pen, Argy and Anky. I move Dino's via the Beacons and have enclosed the bay in Herbivore Island.

On Rag I have a base in Viking bay for tames and collecting pearls, a tree base near the Red Obi for Wyvern chasing....still being built.  But my main is a Tree base on near the green drop with a cliff platform across the river as a Dino pen.

Archived