Solo Reaper Preg

HalonS78

Hello all first time poster. So I currently play official and I’d like some advise on getting reaper king. I have high level rock drakes and spinos with 16k health and 600 melee but I’m not sure how to go about it without actually killing the queen with a Spino or something. I’ve watched videos but most involves traps and it being pve I’m just assuming there’s pillars everywhere.

You will need at least one full set of hazard gear, a light pet, riot shields

On your hot bar:  stimulant, health brews, magnifying glass, water

Spino/Drake on Passive, light pet on.

Find a girl you wanna get busy with.  She will shoot darts from her tail, they can hit riders, they can knock you out.  Use stimulant if your topor starts rising.  She has spin knockback, try to keep your mount between her and wall, not a cliff or radiation water. 

She will have 45,000 HP regardless of level.  Beat her up till she is less than 2k HP.  Kill all the bad stuff around you and her while you are fighting.  You don't want a megalo or arth messing with you.  Use your magnifying glass to check her HP.  She will heal very fast while she is above 2k HP.  When she is below 2k HP she will not heal as fast. 

Once below 2k hp, turn off your light pet.  She will have a purple fog around her.  Dismount and raise your shield.  If you are using a drake, mount your drake again and just wait, take the hits.  I've had queens grab me off the back of a ridden drake, but not a ridden spino.  If you are using a spino, keep your shield up and wait her for her to grab you.  Your shield will take the dmg, but will not last long unless it is high quality.  Even then, I've seen ascendant riot shields only last a few minutes against a high level one. 

As she is impregnating you, prepare to use your health brews, you will be at 1 HP after she is done with you, regardless of your base HP.  You may have nameless around since you turned off your light, but shouldn't be anything else if you killed everything in the area.  Get back on your mount and get out of the red zone.  You need to level up your baby bump by killing spinos and crabs, but you have plenty of time.  Radiation will kill the baby, don't get exposed to it after impregnation.

3 hours ago, dv8ndie said:

You will need at least one full set of hazard gear, a light pet, riot shields

On your hot bar:  stimulant, health brews, magnifying glass, water

Spino/Drake on Passive, light pet on.

Find a girl you wanna get busy with.  She will shoot darts from her tail, they can hit riders, they can knock you out.  Use stimulant if your topor starts rising.  She has spin knockback, try to keep your mount between her and wall, not a cliff or radiation water. 

She will have 45,000 HP regardless of level.  Beat her up till she is less than 2k HP.  Kill all the bad stuff around you and her while you are fighting.  You don't want a megalo or arth messing with you.  Use your magnifying glass to check her HP.  She will heal very fast while she is above 2k HP.  When she is below 2k HP she will not heal as fast. 

Once below 2k hp, turn off your light pet.  She will have a purple fog around her.  Dismount and raise your shield.  If you are using a drake, mount your drake again and just wait, take the hits.  I've had queens grab me off the back of a ridden drake, but not a ridden spino.  If you are using a spino, keep your shield up and wait her for her to grab you.  Your shield will take the dmg, but will not last long unless it is high quality.  Even then, I've seen ascendant riot shields only last a few minutes against a high level one. 

As she is impregnating you, prepare to use your health brews, you will be at 1 HP after she is done with you, regardless of your base HP.  You may have nameless around since you turned off your light, but shouldn't be anything else if you killed everything in the area.  Get back on your mount and get out of the red zone.  You need to level up your baby bump by killing spinos and crabs, but you have plenty of time.  Radiation will kill the baby, don't get exposed to it after impregnation.

Thank you for the advice! One question, what sort of stats should the Rock Drake I’m riding have to do enough damage and not die on me? Or should I just bring a bunch of venom to heal it with?

29 minutes ago, HalonS78 said:

Thank you for the advice! One question, what sort of stats should the Rock Drake I’m riding have to do enough damage and not die on me? Or should I just bring a bunch of venom to heal it with?

I moved away from using drakes and started using Spinos bc I need to keep clearing the queens out to get a high level queen to spawn.  Spino does more dmg than a drake, bu is a little trickier since you can't use the magnifying glass while riding.  I have to time my dismounts and magnifying glass looking after the spin knock back.  That also requires me to bring more health brews and extra armor sets. 

This is a guess, but 10k hp and 400 dmg may work with a primitive saddle for a drake.  Bringing some nameless venom can't hurt and is a good idea.  The more HP and DMG the better.  With 45k HP and healing fast, it will be a long fight to get her under 2k hp using a drake.  You may want to consider using a shotgun for most of the dmg, if you have a good shotgun.  Since you can shoot of the back of drakes and she will be in your face.  Then switching to attacking with the drake when its HP gets low.

Some pro tips, the queens when you remove them from the spawn of them disappear. It is not necessary to kill them, just take them away and when you return you will have a new qreaper in place.
On the other hand, if you find a high level reaper and you come out of the render of it, when you come back, it is more likely that it has disappeared.
The best form of pregnancy is mounted to a drake. The key is: Shoot her with a crossbow, then she will take you as a target.
ENJOY! .. happy pregnancy!
Then you tell us how it went.

Guest EnergyDrink

If using a trap, the best mount we found was a megalosaurus. you can stand in front of queen, de-mount and mount the megalo quickly. and wait  a bit and it will grab you off the saddle.

Trapping them too, really helps with keeping them stable for pregnancy, especially if solo.  Just place gates in a square, leaving one side open but with a gap narrow enough that a single gate can block it.  Place a Large Bear Trap in the middle and let it arm itself.  Kite over your lady, get her to trigger the Large Bear Trap, then get behind her on whatever mount and place the close-gate.  Even if she burrows she'll stay trapped.

Same concept as Giga trapping, except you can use stone dino gate frames.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2019 at 5:53 AM, HalonS78 said:

Okay thank you I’ll give it a try. I also might do what I guy on my server does. Build Tek Teleporter and trap around it and teleport her to green zone inside trap and get baby that way. I just unlocked the Teleporter and generator.

Did this work? Want to try it on our server. Any advice?

FYI she will pull you off a spino. Just did it a few days ago.

Here's an example trap: 

https://youtu.be/VUiRrTlbE_8?t=414

One suggestion if to put a ceiling covering the entire trap surface too at the level the pillars are. The reaper will still fit, but the ceilings will block her tail spikes attack.

I suggest building it outside rad zone and just kite her to it instead.

On 6/1/2019 at 5:08 AM, d1nk said:

Did this work? Want to try it on our server. Any advice?

Somehow only just discovered this thread. XD we know the answer now.

On 5/10/2019 at 1:53 PM, HalonS78 said:

Okay thank you I’ll give it a try. I also might do what I guy on my server does. Build Tek Teleporter and trap around it and teleport her to green zone inside trap and get baby that way. I just unlocked the Teleporter and generator.

I have tried this technique out and it seems to work very well.

• 2 weeks later...

You don't need a riot shield, any guns, or structures just noting. With a good drake alone you can do it easily.  I just beat them to death with the drake while running between healing plants and use a sword or something while the drake is getting stam back.  When it's low enough, you can simply hit it with a weapon from the drake's back and it will eventually target and grab you off the mount, so no need to risk durability. No ammo or resource expenditure other than some meat and hazard repair cost. A drake with prim saddle and around the stats mentionrf above will come out around 5k hp from a fight with a level 100-ish reaper.

Archived