Building Base Over Wyvern Nest.

T21STCPG

If you build a base over a wyvern nest and leave a gap open in the foundations for the nest does the nest still get an egg?

Also, what if you build a base near the nest but don’t cover it does the egg still appear?

It probably doesn’t spawn in but I would like confirmation.

I’m new here so I apologise if this is in the wrong section. ;)

Bases block resources and animal spawns. So while in theory you could do that, you'd block the wyverns from spawning in the vicinity of your base and have to pull one over to the nest every time you wanted an egg. Also decreasing the number of spawns would be a huge disadvantage when raising them as less chance of females for milk.

1 hour ago, DeHammer said:

I've heard some people build wyvern traps (without foundation stones) near nests, to keep a specific wyvern near the nest where it will spawn eggs of its level. 

Never heard that, neat idea. The only problem is it wont work. As soon as its de-rendered the wyv will fly free. Guess it might work if you sit near it though..

6 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Never heard that, neat idea. The only problem is it wont work. As soon as its de-rendered the wyv will fly free. Guess it might work if you sit near it though..

Why would it fly free? I often leave de-rendered flyers in traps to go hunting for taming food before the KO, and they never escape. 

7 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Then count yourself lucky. Its how UE4 works. Been ingame since day 1

I'm thinking it has to be more than luck. I've tamed at least a dozen Griffin and Argies this way and if any flyer is ever in a panicked 'gotta get out of here state' its griffins and argies. When I do this, I generally fly from the middle of Ragnarok, back to the highlands area for mutton, then return. It's not a long absence, but distance-wise its definitely out of render range. 

Could it be server specific? I'm on a private server. 

I should add... wouldn't it also do it with non-flyers then? Our tribe taming pen is also a bit remote from our bases and re-renders often with a tame inside and left there for some time... hours even. We've never had one despawn (or escape) unless it was left for a longer period like overnight. 

13 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

Ich denke, es muss mehr als nur Glück sein. Ich habe mindestens ein Dutzend Griffin und Argies auf diese Weise gezähmt, und wenn irgendein Flyer jemals in Panik geraten ist, muss er hier rauskommen, seine Greifen und Streitereien. Wenn ich das tue, fliege ich in der Regel von der Mitte von Ragnarok zum Hammelfleisch ins Hochland und kehre dann zurück. Es ist keine lange Abwesenheit, aber auf Distanz ist es definitiv außerhalb des Renderbereichs. 

Könnte es serverspezifisch sein? Ich bin auf einem privaten Server. 

Ich sollte hinzufügen ... würde es das dann auch mit Nichtfliegern tun? Unser Stammzähmungsstift ist auch ein wenig von unseren Basen entfernt und rendert oft mit einer Zähmung nach innen und bleibt dort einige Zeit ... sogar Stunden. Wir hatten noch nie eine Enttäuschung (oder Flucht), es sei denn, sie wurde für einen längeren Zeitraum wie über Nacht verlassen. 

I do the same on xbox offi. And the Argy trapp is on the roof of my Base ?

13 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

I'm thinking it has to be more than luck. I've tamed at least a dozen Griffin and Argies this way and if any flyer is ever in a panicked 'gotta get out of here state' its griffins and argies. When I do this, I generally fly from the middle of Ragnarok, back to the highlands area for mutton, then return. It's not a long absence, but distance-wise its definitely out of render range. 

I should add... wouldn't it also do it with non-flyers then? Our tribe taming pen is also a bit remote from our bases and re-renders often with a tame inside and left there for some time... hours even. We've never had one despawn (or escape) unless it was left for a longer period like overnight. 

Same here ... I often see a dino I want to tame, but wasn't planning on taming at that time. So I will usually trap it/drop in dino pen, then fly off to get whatever kibble or extra gear I need (maybe bring an Owl with, to heal it if it gets to hurt during the taming)

Unless I leave it for HOURS, it is always there when I get back.  Heck just this week on a public unofficial server, I came upon a high level Quetz stuck in some trees. I had some dino gates with me, so I trapped it in place, then went back to my base on the other side of the map to get taming supplies. When I return, it is still there, and I began taming. But then a Ice Wyvern started attacking us, and the Quetz got too bloody to safely keep taming. So I left it, hoping it would heal up on its own.  I came back the NEXT DAY and it was still there. It had healed some, and I knocked it out. (only to get attacked my a Argy that killed the sleeping Quetz!

1 hour ago, DeHammer said:

Well wont happen as much because it isnt getting de-rendered and re-rended like it would on official. (Less people) 

If you're out of render it pauses, right. So if say I was on your server, you trap a wyv and leave. I fly over near scar, render wyvern and it loads dinos before structures always.. and wyvern escapes before pen renders. 

2 hours ago, d1nk said:

Well wont happen as much because it isnt getting de-rendered and re-rended like it would on official. (Less people) 

If you're out of render it pauses, right. So if say I was on your server, you trap a wyv and leave. I fly over near scar, render wyvern and it loads dinos before structures always.. and wyvern escapes before pen renders. 

When I return to I do see the creature re-render first, then the pen, but the creature still appears to be contained even before the pen appears. 

Interestingly, I've noticed that if I KO a creature in a pen then leave & return, the creature often re-renders on its feet at first, then re-renders again as unconscious on the ground. 

About the pause... its kind of funny to fly by and see dinos in a battle, such as a Rex and two Stegos, then the next day when you fly by again, there they are still in battle. LOL.

Archived