Let tribemates see the green light of another tribemate dead body

C0nan

Suggestion

When you die only you can see the green light of your dead body. Sometimes if you crash when get back to the game you are dead and can’t find that green light of your body. Would be awesome if a tribemate could see it too to find it faster (even a different color so they know it ain’t their dead body incase both players died).

Edited by C0nan
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

35 replies to this server topic

On 4/25/2019 at 3:23 PM, C0nan said:

When you die only you can see the green light of your dead body. Sometimes if you crash when get back to the game you are dead and can’t find that green light of your body. Would be awesome if a tribemate could see it too to find it faster (even a different color so they know it ain’t their dead body incase both players died).

I agree with you on this. I've died right by my tribemate and they couldn't find me. It would be really helpful with a locator also as someone else suggested. This would help if the game crashes and boots you (but you are still alive) and a tribemate could find you and protect you until you got back on.

Would be nice if implemented as a .ini option that admins can enable (disabled by default)

The color of the beacon being based on the color of your hair.

And if enabled, make it so that the tribe leader can enable/disable the use of the tribe beacon by some method such as a tribe rule.  It might get a bit too convoluted if the other tribe members have to carry something of yours around and certainly would be useless if they did not have it on them at the time of an emergency or if everyone died at the same time.

If you did not care who sees where you die, would be nice to have the flare gun in the 0 slot that would fire straight up in case you died.  Or a torch placed on the ground (like a scene straight off of Ridsausage when a necromancer dies)

LHammonds

48 minutes ago, Oieru said:

Should I feel old for having to explain what a zerg is?

https://starcraft.fandom.com/wiki/Zerg

No you should not feel old for explaining what a StarCraft term is to someone that never played StarCraft, that's like the term adds to someone that doesn't play waw or an active reload or a failed reload to anyone that's not played gears of war, or the term "got a nuke" to anyone that never played cod multiplayer, it's all relative knowledge, take into account we may be different ages and from different countries, and also I may have been playing outside or playing a different platform when you was playing StarCraft

and then there is no longer a global shared knowledge for every gamer anymore.

Edit not sure how the term zerg relates to ark, zergs are a race? Races don't fight each other on ark

Edited by Lowly

On 5/4/2019 at 4:51 PM, Lowly said:

No you should not feel old for explaining what a StarCraft term is to someone that never played StarCraft, that's like the term adds to someone that doesn't play waw or an active reload or a failed reload to anyone that's not played gears of war, or the term "got a nuke" to anyone that never played cod multiplayer, it's all relative knowledge, take into account we may be different ages and from different countries, and also I may have been playing outside or playing a different platform when you was playing StarCraft

and then there is no longer a global shared knowledge for every gamer anymore.

Edit not sure how the term zerg relates to ark, zergs are a race? Races don't fight each other on ark

i don't even care where the term was coined at but most pvp gamers (doesn't apply to fps genre) use it. it's not just an ark specific term you might have missed. even rust has it. point is, it refers to a LARGE group. it's hard to quantify the numbers but lets say that these zerg guys come in 20+ numbers 24/7 and can easily cap a server (limit of 70, normally) by their own if they wanted to. official pvp is like that. bigger is better...to a point...they say

On 1/12/2020 at 2:57 AM, oosy said:

Not agree... To strong on PvP.

Oponents have to loot your stuffs to take adventage.

How is it too strong? If your opponent has killed you, they probably already have your stuff. If you don't die in PvP, lets say a cave or while taming something, your tribemates would be able to locate and protect your stuff.