Quick Leveling 80 - 94?

Morgnarak

Hello,

Today I come to you looking for some advice. I play by myself on my own non dedicated server via xbox one. I play with most 6x rates. I have been playing the game since day one game preview on xbox one. I have had a couple survivors by now but not once have I reached the max level. My first character was of course my noob character and my first play through where I didn't know anything. This character was able to reach late 70's before I decided it was time to restart. My second character which was used up until the latest patch had reached level 88 when I decided to restart for the new patch. I started my new character yesterday and so far he is level 78. He has reached level 78 by so far just only crafting a small thatch house with basic appliances that will be needed to start construction on my new metal base, filling up 16 large boxes with materials such as wood, thatch, fiber, metal..ect, Taming a argent and going around and just endlessly killing other dino's.

With my bit of experience I have noticed with 6x exp rates its quite easy to go 1 - 60 in a couple hours by just killing dino's. Even 60 - 80 only takes a couple hours maybe as well. However after level 80 is when I notice that it really starts to take way too long to level even on 6x exp rates and overpower stats just randomly going around killing dino's in one shot.

So I ask from maybe more experienced players are their any other ways to level faster than one hitting dino's for hours on end? Maybe there's a good place on the map with large packs of dino's in one place I don't know about? Maybe building something over and over again would produce better exp rates for 80-94?

Please note that my main focus in this game is to reach max level as fast as possible so that I can then focus on just strictly building and dinosaurs. Please also don't tell me to craft narco's lol

13 hours ago, Morgnarak said:

Please note that my main focus in this game is to reach max level as fast as possible so that I can then focus on just strictly building and dinosaurs. Please also don't tell me to craft narco's lol

Sorry but on times 6 exp narco are 12 xp per item.. you may not like to hear that but it's passive XP and if you just do it while doing other things it's not even work.. 

How this to boggle your mind.  At level 80, you are only about halfway to level 86!  You're not even 25% of the way to level 94 yet lol.  Imagine doing level 1-80,  but doing it 3.73 additional times.  I have not factored in the xp boosts to this, but in essence, there is no quick way to level up from here on out.  You are only a fraction of the way to level 94.  

1 minute ago, D4u2s0t said:

How this to boggle your mind.  At level 80, you are only about halfway to level 86!  You're not even 25% of the way to level 94 yet lol.  Imagine doing level 1-80,  but doing it 3.73 additional times.  I have not factored in the xp boosts to this, but in essence, there is no quick way to level up from here on out.  You are only a fraction of the way to level 94.  

Yeah at lvl 80 you are closer in XP to level 1 than level 94 O.o

8 minutes ago, DmpTrkDrvr said:

Yeah but it goes while he can do other things.  I've made over 10k narcotics on a official server I'm level 74 so what's your point 12 xp ain't good enough for you lol.  

lol, point is, it would take over 57,000 narcotics to level him where he wants.  That sounds pretty miserable.  I guess so does killing a billion alphas though lol 

10 minutes ago, D4u2s0t said:

lol, point is, it would take over 57,000 narcotics to level him where he wants.  That sounds pretty miserable.  I guess so does killing a billion alphas though lol 

As you previously  stated about  Leveling after 80.

THERE truly is no EASY WAY so I guess persistence  is the only way!!

• 9 months later...

Every large, established tribe on my server has taken full advantage of the new permanent x2 bonus, in conjunction with weekend event bonuses, survivor notes, broth of enlightenment and tribe shared- xp, they tame a high level mosasaur, build a platform saddle with a minigun turret, and hunt alpha mosas (good source for black pearls,for the upcoming tech teir). That, and killing titanosaurs is the only way any of us can level anymore. 

Do not know why you refuse to to narco for levelling. I am at 97 and I do narco while I do other things. I get at least a lvl every day so in about 3 days I will be at 100. It seems that you want to level all up in one day. Does not matter what you do at that high lvl you won't do it all in one day no matter what you do.

On Wednesday, March 09, 2016 at 7:15 PM, Morgnarak said:

Hello,

Today I come to you looking for some advice. I play by myself on my own non dedicated server via xbox one. I play with most 6x rates. I have been playing the game since day one game preview on xbox one. I have had a couple survivors by now but not once have I reached the max level. My first character was of course my noob character and my first play through where I didn't know anything. This character was able to reach late 70's before I decided it was time to restart. My second character which was used up until the latest patch had reached level 88 when I decided to restart for the new patch. I started my new character yesterday and so far he is level 78. He has reached level 78 by so far just only crafting a small thatch house with basic appliances that will be needed to start construction on my new metal base, filling up 16 large boxes with materials such as wood, thatch, fiber, metal..ect, Taming a argent and going around and just endlessly killing other dino's.

With my bit of experience I have noticed with 6x exp rates its quite easy to go 1 - 60 in a couple hours by just killing dino's. Even 60 - 80 only takes a couple hours maybe as well. However after level 80 is when I notice that it really starts to take way too long to level even on 6x exp rates and overpower stats just randomly going around killing dino's in one shot.

So I ask from maybe more experienced players are their any other ways to level faster than one hitting dino's for hours on end? Maybe there's a good place on the map with large packs of dino's in one place I don't know about? Maybe building something over and over again would produce better exp rates for 80-94?

Get a super bronto, load up with 4000 spoiled meat (make fridge bins pestels etc in its stone or metal platform saddle) go aroubd beating monsters to death, making constant narco, killijg alphas with ur lvl 200 bronto. Dont forget a few stacks of veggie cakes 

That or alpha hunt with hlvls.. the widdle down gun method will work with a super bronto (bred is better) carry a nice rifle, riot armors and shotgun 

The fastest way? Get yourself a good rocket launcher or a mass of C4s, get a broth of enlightment and a explorer note bonus and hunt Titanos.

They need 50-100 rockets depending on your launcher and give 20K EXP without bonuses.

Or a really strong flyer. Will take longer and your EXP will be half of that, but you do not need a crapton of ressources.

18 hours ago, Typh0n90 said:

Does the industrial grinder method still work? according to the wiki it gives 0.5 xp for each piece of wood you turn into thatch. Assuming you can tame a beaver, you could do a wood run and come back with 5k wood (depending on weight). 5k x 3 (6x rates) = 15000 xp.

Yes, yes it does.  Source:  I am lvl 100 official

If you or your tribe doesn't have the ability to easily kill a Titan, I'd recommend going to the Swamp Cave with a high level Frog and a good saddle. If you do the whole thing, you can get one or two levels per run (if you are below level 88). Just be aware when in combat to pay extra attention to not getting your frog pushed against the walls of the cave or tree roots inside the cave. You can get glitched into the tree roots and have your frog stuck in mid-air and not be able to attack. Don't get off your frog while in combat, as the high level bugs will 1 or 2-hit torpor you. Hope this helped!

I did rafts from 80-85. I'm sure you can continue on crafting rafts until you max out if you're motivated enough.

Get loads of materials ready beforehand and then just craft away. I waited for a 2x weekend (before 2x was permanent) to get the most experience. I'd suggest farming materials until another boosted weekend comes around and knock out tons of rafts. Get your tribe to help you farm materials and set up a day/time so that way they can enjoy the shared exp.

Here's my favorite technique so far:

Fill the grinder with stone (1xp per stone on official, 6k stone fits in the grinder)

Fill a vault with stone (15k stone), preferably near the grinder

Fill mortar pestles with 200 spoiled meat and 1000 narco's apop (yeah, yeah, no narcos... just wait for it)

Fill any other crafting stations you can, staged to craft, sparkpowder/gunpowder/electronics/polymer/etc... get everything 'staged' so that all you have to do is click 'craft'

1. Chug a broth of enlightenment
  2. Turn on grinder, start turning stone to flint
  3. Start crafting nacros in all the stations
  4. Start all the extra crafting you have staged
  5. Feed more stone into the grinder from vault
  6. Feed flint from grinder into sparkpowder
  7. Repeat steps 5 & 6 for 15 minutes
  8. Attempt to invent a new use for Flint, because you are going to have *a lot* of extra

Broth kicks things up 150%, with all the combined passive xp rolling in you can earn a post 80 level or 2 pretty easily and that with official rates, x6 rates would make this easily over 200k xp if you have enough narco's rolling with the grinder.

Now all of this is a pretty hefty requirements list, with the grinder, narco farm, and broth of enlightenment requirements, I would even add getting a Doed for the stone gathering to make things pretty easy. But once you have this, it's repeatable.

Course, for solo-play, if you really want the fastest method, just change your xp rates to x50 or use an admin command and skip actually playing any aspect of the game ;)

Nothing really worth it after 85 anyway if you're on solo.  Rocket Turret is really only useful for raids and even then minimally.  You're not taming a titano solo so forget that idea.  What else is after 85?  Gas mask?  Pretty much useless unless you're fighting poison wyverns.  U can use scuba on a frog for the swamp cave so no use there either.

By 85 you should have plenty of attribute points.  Anything past 85 at this point in time isn't worth the hard grind.  Better off just levelling up organically.

• 1 month later...

Archived