Remove or Increase Tether on Xbox

Detrik

Suggestion

Let's start this off with the fact that so many console players (who play with friends/family) are unhappy with tether distance... probably more than 70% of the ark console community...personally I just bought ark for the Xbox and I can't even play it without wanting to throw my remote across the room...I have over 100 hours of ark on steam and they have a tether distance option!!! So why can't Xbox have a tether distance option!!!!! It's said because it causes performance issues...but my laptop can run it on low at around 30 fps and the tether distance doesn't affect it at all...so Xbox should have no issue... Please studio wild card...at least give us the option!!! If you want to throw out a warning that it could cause performance issues then do it...but add tether distance options back into non dedicated servers!!!!!!!!! If you agree please comment on this post bc it's about time that studio wild card sees this and acts upon it!!!

• Like 3

82 replies to this server topic

As others have mentioned the reason the tether is there is due to the limited resources (processing power, memory, and limitations on how fast your hard drive or solid state drive can load) the consoles have. Yes, they could put in an option to adjust the length but to be honest the tether is more likely then not already optimized. Stretching the tether further would require more memory and would put a much greater load on your consoles processor and storage media. If your console starts to run out of memory your game will crash, if it overloads the processor and/or storage media everything will start to run really sluggish. It'd take much, much longer to load bases or new terrain as you get closer to it assuming the game doesn't crash from the strain or worse yet, causes so much heat output so as to damage your console at which point you'd need to buy a new one.

Long story short: Sorry, it can't be done. The tether is there to keep your console alive and healthy.

If you want to play so badly with friends and family I suggest buying a server for said device. Use nitrado. It's trusted, advertised by ask itself and supports for pc, Xbox and ps4 servers. It's not that much for a server of 10 people and it won't have a tethering at all!

https://server.nitrado.net/eng/offers/ark-survival-evolved-ps4/?sctid=