Make spyglass/scopes usable on consoles and/or with a controller

mleii

Suggestion

It's a huge pain to use a controller with the spyglass or scope as it's all a single "speed" that you can move it around and it is difficult to scope in on moving things.

Some options to improve this would be to use the analog ability of the controller to speed up or slow down the rate at which it pans around.  So you slightly move the stick and it pans slowly and move the stick further and it moves faster.  At least in my head this seems like it would help or be possible, wouldn't know for certain without trying it myself.  LOL

Another possibility is to to allow the scope or spyglass to zoom in and out from it's normal distance.  So you'd only be able to zoom in as far as normal, but zooming out allows you to have a larger field of view to find a faster moving thing.  Not sure how this would map as it'd need to put the UI in a different control scheme for a bit so you don't end up doing other actions.

There are tricks around this but they're not as simple to use and are a pain to use.

1 reply to this server topic

Id like a lock on for something like the spyglass...not scope but I get what you are saying there. Seperate speeds for Aim down sights/FPS would be a nice addition. To be honest I just play PPE and the 3rd person " + " cursor to first person scope is fast and easy on AI targets that dont weave & are nice enough to hold still( - its quick scopeish, lol!), but Id rather just play in 1 mode & not jack around. On PVP it would be great. Suprised its not a thing allready, there

Archived