Cryosickness

CatchMe

2 hours ago, RazerX said:

In my experience, the higher the level the longer the cryosickness lasts.

Cryosickness lasts a set time (5 mins) It is a debuff given to the tame.

The torpor drain is anothet story..and completely seperate mechanic, obviously based off their torpor level AND the dino's natural torpor drain. My theriz i freely throw out because their torp is short, for boss prep and such but a megatherium, bronto etc take ages longer than the 5 mins.

There's a difference between the cryosickness and just being knocked out. If you throw a dino into cryosickness it will immediately gain full torpor (knockedout) and be cryosick. The cryosickness lasts 5 minutes (300s)- this is when the dino is extremely vulnerable to increased damage from wild dinos. The torpor remains after cryosickness expires until torpor has fully drained.
Most dinos will be knocked out longer than they are in cryosickness, but for some (such as giga) it will wake up before the cryosickness ends but will not listen to commands, not defends itself (as of last/prior patch) and still takes increased damage until the cryosickness ends. 

Each cryosickness is per-dino, so throwing a second dino out into cryosickness will not affect the cryo-sickness timer for the first or prior dinos thrown into cryosickness. 

Hope that helps clarify things for at least someone. :)

1 hour ago, Piffguru said:

Im pretty sure that doesnt work with cryosickness

it doesn't, but as many have stated - cryo sickness only lasts for 5 minutes (i.e. the little ZzZ timer in the bottom right corner of your screen after tossing out a dino)  any dino's tossed while that timer is running will automatically have cryo sickness.  

After the timer runs out, its then waiting for the dino's Torpor to run out, and with any dino, stim berries work.  I have rex's with 30k topor  and they would take forever to wake up if it wasn't for forcefeeding them tons of stimberries to speed up the torpor drop rate.  Any dino that gets knocked out from cryo sickness regardless if its a adult or baby, can be woken back up using stimberries to speed the topor,  the rate at which you'll need to feed the stimberries varies per dino.

1 minute ago, caleb68 said:

it doesn't, but as many have stated - cryo sickness only lasts for 5 minutes (i.e. the little ZzZ timer in the bottom right corner of your screen after tossing out a dino)  any dino's tossed while that timer is running will automatically have cryo sickness.  

After the timer runs out, its then waiting for the dino's Torpor to run out, and with any dino, stim berries work.  I have rex's with 30k topor  and they would take forever to wake up if it wasn't for forcefeeding them tons of stimberries to speed up the torpor drop rate.  Any dino that gets knocked out from cryo sickness regardless if its a adult or baby, can be woken back up using stimberries to speed the topor,  the rate at which you'll need to feed the stimberries varies per dino.

Interesting, so after your characters cryosickness debuff goes away then stims will effect the sleeping dino? I know I tried force feeding stimulants to a dino to wake it up and it did absolutely nothing but I dont know if the cryosick debuff was  still on. didnt think it effected the sleeping dino if I still had cryosick cause thats on my char not the dino. Also I was trying stimulants not stimberries, is it only berries that work on dinos?

On 4/26/2019 at 4:44 AM, CatchMe said:

Yeah rock elemental is still sleeping so think it is just that it’s torpor is full and will drain on it’s normal rate

That's correct.

It helps if you think of cryosickness as something that your character gets, and then it gives it to the dino's. They can't get it unless you give it to them.

As long as you have the cryosickness indicator you are a carrier of cryosickness, and every animal that you release from a pod will be "infected". When an animal is "infected" it gets knocked out by filling their torpor bar to 100% and then they wake up when their torpor drains at their normal speed.

What this means to you, as a player, is that you need to think about which animals you are releasing and whether or not you want to wait. If you're releasing dimorphodons (for example) their normal torpor drain is quite fast so you could release 30 of them in a row, they would all be released asleep, and then they'll each wake up in a couple of minutes.

But if you're releasing an animal that has a slow torpor drain, and you're in a spot where time matters, then you definitely want to wait until your cryosickness runs out so that you can release them without knocking them out.

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 3:54 AM, ArkRage said:

This is so strange. ? I know I'm not losing my mind cuz I had 3 baby velo triplets and I got them all out together and obv two were ko'd so I fed them something to wake them up faster and I could have sworn it was stims. I know I wasn't dreaming cuz two are raised and the third died cryo'd so now I'm confused as hell looool. Maybe I was dreaming, who knows lmao.

it might just be the anatomy of the golem vs the anatomy of a velo?  IDK, lol

• 8 months later...

Archived