MEGALOSAURUS TAMING

wgearhart

Best way is described here:

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Megalosaurus

In any case, "easiest" way is to go to Aberration and tame one there, since they don't have the sleep mechanic on that map. If that's not possible, stick to what the "Taming" section on the above page says.

I would also suggest to loosen on the caps/shift keys, while you type, but hey, that's just me.

8 minutes ago, shiny said:

Best way is described here:

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Megalosaurus

In any case, "easiest" way is to go to Aberration and tame one there, since they don't have the sleep mechanic on that map. If that's not possible, stick to what the "Taming" section on the above page says.

I would also suggest to loosen on the caps/shift keys, while you type, but hey, that's just me.

Thanks! Sorry don't mean to be so hard on the caps, i type in caps at work so i get used to having it on ?

17 hours ago, shiny said:

My condolences.

The Megalos are very worth it, especially if you manage to breed them.

You get yourself a faster and smaller rex :)

My only complaint is that once it’s daytime, they are basically incapacitated. Apart from that, it’s my favorite Dino 

BTW, I used a bary to tame mine. It can’t be picked up an you can shoot from the back.

If you want to tame a Megalosaurus, go to The Center to the jungle cave entrance near the pond. There is always one or more. Try to enter the cave with something strong, a Carno would be enough at day time, but in the night, it would probably be a lethal meeting. 

Thats why i would always try to tame them during the day, but i play on SP and they never move, unless provoked. 

Anyways, try to build a taming box with stone gates. This could be a bit tricky, if you dont have a bigger creature like a Rex or a Theri, because it doesnt aggro on them.

Once it is trapped it is quite easy. Knock it out, wait untill it wakes up, knock it out again and tame it.

But be careful. Once you leave the cave and enter it again, some creatures might have respawned, like scorpions, arthros or Megalos, you might wanna tame.

Some things might be different, because i play SP.

4 hours ago, MateoModolell said:

My only complaint is that once it’s daytime, they are basically incapacitated. Apart from that, it’s my favorite Dino 

BTW, I used a bary to tame mine. It can’t be picked up an you can shoot from the back.

I was on a bary when I tamed mine. The bary can absolutely be picked up by the megalo. It wasnt a bad thing for me tho cause it distracted the megalo so I could shoot it while it was thrashing around my bary. But taming it was not nearly as hard as people make it out to be, did it on the island.

Archived