Tek Generator at lowest setting using 3 Element a day...

caleb68

So I thought something was fishy here.  

Reading the Official Wiki for Ark, it says that it takes 1 element for 18 hours at the lowest setting, and + 0.33 element per setting up from that per 18 hours.

My tek Generator only powers 2 feeding troughs in my baby pen.

Every 24 hours it is eating 3 element at the lowest setting.

This is on a Official Server. 

So did one of the patches change the tek generators and the information hasn't been updated? or has one of the patches messed something up with them? would like to know how to properly calculate how much element I need to stick in it to last for a week, so I don't have to worry about getting more for it till the weekend.  If its going to consistently eat 3 element a day that's a lot of element to keep them powered, and I don't visit extinction very often.

16 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

Weird im using the same as b4 50 element on lowest settings 36 days roughly 

Are you sure? this is something that has been happening very recent,  you might want to recheck and see if it still is.  The only reason I've been noticing is that I've only been sticking in a few element at a time over the past few days,  and it seems to be eating it consistently at this rate.  Again this is on Official so Unofficial players may be experiencing different results do to settings / mods.

28 minutes ago, Sphere said:

Thank you for this information. Is there a way to get around this problem, such as making your Element into Element Shards? I am curious to know.

Yeah, shards are the less expensive option, it'll only cost 1 shard instead of 1 element if the server restarts.

But try to avoid using shards+elements on generator you use to power your tek cloner, as the generator will interrupt for a millisecond when switching from shards to element causing the clone to stop

3 hours ago, Kristofer said:

Since seeing your post a few days ago, have been watching tek gennies on abb and rag. Both seem to be using 1 element every 18 hours. Have you checked range ? Maybe changed it by accident.

yep range has been at lowest setting, was one of the first things I checked.  Sense last patch it seems to behaving normal again, so I donno.

Archived