MDSM (Mek Shield)

Snerpes

What is the purpose of this thing? I can't figure it out. 

On the wiki it states that if an ally(presuably your tribe mate & physical allies) get a damage resistance buff however, in tests I did not see the damage resistance at all.

Furthermore, it states that you are granted a 50% damage bonus to enemies inside the shield when it collapses?

Is this right, or am I doing this wrong, because not only do I notice the "50%" damage buff to enemies, I don't notice a damage resistance for me or my allies inside it either.

To further complicate things, it said the damage taken buff is noted by the red aura of shapes appearing from the entity. I have this, so does my Mek, and the dinosaurs inside.

So... am I taking 50% more damage from dinosaurs?

When inside the shield I get a debuff for 60 seconds that looks like.. a broken shield, followed by a brief "Inside mek shield" with a full shield symbol, but it comes and goes.

I do NOT get a blue aura around my character neither do my allies or dinos, its all red.

Please explain this to me someone, as I'd love to use it for PvP reasons but if I'm taking a lot of damage using it.. then waste of time and element. 

Archived